EegyptA

wait time for interview letter at cairo embassy

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my egyptian people......how long does it typically take from the time of sending in packet 3 to embassy in cairo to the time of getting an interview date letter (packet 4) .......we are sending packet 3 tomorrow to the embassy.....praying he gets interview soon.....its' been 1 year since i seen him last :( ........thanks ahead of time

Edited by EegyptA

Timeline

Well, i don't really know. Some people get it in two weeks other 3 month.. i have no idea, but i guessing because of what is happening now in Egypt there will be delays. i am waiting on mine too.. sent it on the 10th of june..sooo, lets pray soon.

Timeline

You guys just gotta stay a bit patient these days. The embassy is dealing with a lot of rescheduling due to the current circumstances. We waited exactly three months to get our interview. We sent packet 3 Jan 29 and we got a phone call on Apr. 29 for the interview two weeks later. Keep yourself busy and just let the days pass. Don't try emailing them anytime soon cuz they will only reply with a copy/paste email that they send out to everyone and it will only frustrate you more. I would say give it from 2.5-3 months to hear back. I know the wait is difficult, but we got nothing to do. I wish you all the best.

Timeline

my question is do we have to tell the embassy that our case expires after 4 month or do they know that ?

when i got the letter from uscis it said that our case expires in 4 months, but everyone seems to exceed that time period, does that mean that it is not important ?

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

my question is do we have to tell the embassy that our case expires after 4 month or do they know that ?

when i got the letter from uscis it said that our case expires in 4 months, but everyone seems to exceed that time period, does that mean that it is not important ?

They know. Once it gets to the consulate, it's in "suspended animation" until they make a decision to either approve or send back to USCIS - at that point, it could expire.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

well, i am waiting for them to schedule an interview, does that mean that it is possible for them once it expires to send it back TO uscic just because it expired?? I am waiting on them ... soo

Timeline

well, i am waiting for them to schedule an interview, does that mean that it is possible for them once it expires to send it back TO uscic just because it expired?? I am waiting on them ... soo

No, they won't send it back - at least not before you've gone through your interview, etc. Right now your case has officially been received at the consulate, so you're in the queue for an interview, and the clock has stopped ticking on expiration, at least until after the interview.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

oh, so after the interview, is there a time limit? i do here that some people take forever in the AP review ?

There is not any time limit for AP. There is a time limit if, after the interview, they request additional information/documents and you take too long to submit the material. And if they send your case back to USCIS, a K-1 petition will effectively expire and you'd have to start all over again. (CR-1/IR-1 petitions are handled a bit differently after sending back to USCIS, as they give the petitioner a short window of opportunity to rebut the intent to deny.)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

And what are the reasons for them sending it back to USCIS other then they do not approve of our case in the interview?

The reason for sending a petition back to USCIS is that (at least in the opinion of the consulate) the case does not meet the requirements for issuing a visa. This could be due to a number of reasons: the documents submitted are fraudulent or suspected to be fraudulent, the petitioner does not meet the requirements, the beneficiary does not meet the requirements, or they suspect a fraudulent relationship.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Thank you , that really helped me understand how things work . hopefully everything goes well , i mean we have all the documents that they need, and i rarely hear of actual relationship getting denied.

Timeline

Thank you , that really helped me understand how things work . hopefully everything goes well , i mean we have all the documents that they need, and i rarely hear of actual relationship getting denied.

It's not really that rare - unfortunately, we've seen quite a few returned cases in this forum. Casablanca is an especially tough consulate on returning petitions.

But Cairo is not known for being as harsh - just often slow. The majority of cases are approved, even when there is a 221g request for further info, or a 2nd interview, etc.

Make sure you fiance knows not to freak out if he gets one of these after the interview:

66kxau.jpg

It's a standard form they use whenever they don't issue the visa, and they use it for cases that are sent back to USCIS as well as for cases that just require further information or processing. You have to read it carefully to see which box was checked, and look to see if there is a notation of any request for more info.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.