immibie

Approval Rate

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Agree, it should be no more than 15 minutes if everything is in order. Good Luck at your interview.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Depends if applying for the 3 or 5 year, 3 year can take an hour. Want all that proof you are living and paying taxes and bills together.

Ha, the USCIS states the most important issue about becoming a US citizen is the right to vote. But the two parties have this situation well in hand with ID's, redistricting, and that outdated electorial college. If you live in a state with just a handful of electorial votes, don't even care how you vote. Wife's first experience in voting was for a local election where 95% of the candidates ran unopposed! Why am I even wasting my time voting was her comment.

Greatest motivation for gaining US citizenship is to finally become free of the USCIS that has been dictating your life for the last 4-6 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends if applying for the 3 or 5 year, 3 year can take an hour. Want all that proof you are living and paying taxes and bills together.

Ha, the USCIS states the most important issue about becoming a US citizen is the right to vote. But the two parties have this situation well in hand with ID's, redistricting, and that outdated electorial college. If you live in a state with just a handful of electorial votes, don't even care how you vote. Wife's first experience in voting was for a local election where 95% of the candidates ran unopposed! Why am I even wasting my time voting was her comment.

Greatest motivation for gaining US citizenship is to finally become free of the USCIS that has been dictating your life for the last 4-6 years.

At my naturalization interview for the 3-year rule I was in and out in 15 minutes. I was let in 15-20 minutes early and was actually out of the building with a recommendation for approval a few minutes before my "official" interview time even hit. smile.png

The N-400 interview is really just the bureaucratic necessity of an actual human being checking your reading, writing, speaking, and civics test results, as required by the wording of the naturalization laws as written by Congress. If USCIS could figure out how to put those on a form while complying with federal naturalization law there would be as relatively few naturalization interviews as there are AOS and RoC interviews. I've never seen a reference on here to anyone failing a naturalization interview who had followed the N-400 instructions properly in the first place. It's really not something to stress about. [Generally speaking, the USCIS interviews (AOS, RoC, Naturalization) are not much to worry about if you have a "normal" case. DoS deny visa applications all the time, sometimes for arbitrary reasons, depending on your country of origin, and that can reasonably make us feel skittish right through the rest of the immigration process, but USCIS will usually only deny something if your case is way out there and/or you completely failed to read their instructions.]

Amen and +1 to getting free of USCIS. We were cleaning out my wife's purse and she had a bunch of old roadside assistance cards from our insurance company, and we were going to throw them out. A tiny part of my brain objected for a split second, worrying about "USCIS relationship evidence" until the rest of my brain remembered "Oh, yeah... we don't actually have to do that EVER AGAIN... thank you God!" smile.png

In the solidly red or solidly blue states the real power isn't voting to determine which party gets elected - that's a foregone conclusion. But you can still wield a significant amount of voter power - just register for the dominant party, whether you generally agree with them or not. Doing so does not obligate you in any way to vote for them, but does gain you access to their primaries or caucases - voting on who they put up. That's where the voter's real power is in deeply red or blue states.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.