The Mean Lady

Dr. Zatzman Review ++Wonderful review of the 407etr

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, i'm going to begin my review with a big EF YOU to the 407etr highway.

I just calculated my round trip cost in tolls which came out to a rough $50 unless I screwed something up.

People complain about the Chicago tolls, but it costs me a whopping $5 w/o a transponder to go the 2 hours of tolls that I go, yet a whopping 66 miles each way on the 407 costs me FIFTY DOLLARS?!

Which segues nicely into the additional "video" fees that I'm sure I payed every time I got on and off the damn thing because that is the WORST labeled highway I have EVER had the experience of driving on.

And like I said, I come from chicago... we know highways.

We got the 290, the 90, the 94, and 294... confused yet?

They give you NO Warning of upcoming exits until it's about 500m away and it's all OKAY EXIT NOW

And i'm all WHAT?!

And then, coming back, there are NO city identifiers on the 407w vs 407e sign.

So I thought I came up on east (despite traveling NW the entire time) so I got on the West home.

But then I saw the IKEA and got confused and turned around because I remembered seeing it on the way in.

Then realized that I was DEFINITELY going the wrong way NOW and had to turn around AGAIN.

I got on and off that thing like 6 fricking times.

And can someone please explain to me how they will bill me?

How they get my US address? IL plates..........

SO ONTO THE MEDICAL REVIEW

Booking Your Appt

Dr Zatzman is the new panel doctor in VAUGHAN Ontario.

He does it BY APPT.

I heard dr sieden is sort of first come first serve on fridays or something idk.

I was not interested in dealing with toronto parking so I chose vaughan.

9 times out of 10, Michelle (the receptionist) is entirely too busy to answer the phone

I was unable to see while I was there what makes her so busy.

I called her a total of 11 times today and she only answered once (was trying to warn her we would be late).

She never actually answered for the late heads up, but answered on my second attempt this morning to confirm the appt.

It's pointless to leave voicemails... she never returns them.

She's also a little snippy.

So... yeah. appt.

Arrival

It's in a medical center on the right hand side of the street (corner) when coming from the 400 by wonderland.

It takes maybe idk 10 minutes to get from wonderland to the office so steer clear of the right most land until you pass wonderland

Up the elevators and to the right at the end of the hall way is the office.

Checking In

Make sure you let princess michelle know that you'll be couriering your packet back right away.

She was very upset that I didn't mention this until she was talking about cost.

She told me on the phone that they require (4) pictures.

Showed up with (4), she took (1), gave me a funny look, then shoved the other (3) back at me.

She also tried to steal my interview letter.

Which wouldn't have been horrible, I can print an email copy, but I don't have ink so I'd rather just have the original.

She also of course required my husband's passport and took copies.

And also seemed very confused about reading my vaccinations as well.

Finally, courier cost is not universal.

She will call the courier and get a quote then give you a cost.

We live 1.5 hours away and the cost was 20 dollars.

Cost paid to the DR for the exam was $240 in cash only

Diagnostics and Xray

Because we showed up late, I believe the blood lab was closing around 3pm and we showed up at 225 (2pm appt) she sent us to get blood tests first.

She, however, indicated that this was abnormal so I think normally you see the DR first.

Went downstairs per her not very good directions to the diagnostic lab and had blood drawn.

Blood drawing costs 7.76 and is not payable by cash UNLESS you have EXACT change.

They require a debit or credit card otherwise.

When you're quoted by michelle on the phone, she just told me $300 and must be cash so this was very irritating as I had to use my US card and incur a charge.

(1) vial of blood and a few minutes later, off to xray.

Slight wait on the xray.

I was not in the room w/my husband but he just said he took his shirt off and hugged a machine and voila, done.

Cost is $50 and payable in cash (unknown if payable by credit, but I don't remember seeing a machine lying around unlike diagnostics which had it shoved in my face on the counter)

Dr Exam

Most hilarious part IMO.

He sits you down, he asks you questions about medical history.

He clearly assumes for most of the questions that your answers are 'no' as he was checking them off before my husband even answered most of them.

Took my husband's blood pressure, laughed a little bit about toronto traffic, then spent about 5 minutes talking about his history.

Dr Zatzman was actually REALLY nice.

I would totally have him for a real GP.

He's been doing this for 20 years for Canada & Australian immigration and just recently (obviously) offered to do it for the US and they were all "YES PLEASE!"

He never had my husband undress in any fashion or look at his junk, or anything.

It was just a casual conversation.

I even had to remind him about the verbal declaration of chicken pox.

To which he said "oh i forgot about that I think I probably just put OK since really even if adults say they haven't had it, 99% of them have... it was just a very mild case." then he went on to talk to me about a case study saying so

He finished up by telling me the medical packet would come in a few days and would have his pretty stamp on it and say DO NOT OPEN.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then on the way home I got lost as I stated and the traffic was TERRIBLE and I also got another surprise missed exit going from the QEW to the 403 as well.

Canada, make your highways out of towner friendly please.

And I don't mean make them american friendly.

I was NOT the only person doing circles half the time.

Especially on that 403 miss. There were 3 of us that did the turn around back to the right way.

I also hate that there aren't occasional signs reminding you which highway you're on in case you missed an important exit!

So, all in all, I was robbed blind my a terrible highway and medical was silliest thing ever.

Entire medical took about 1hr and 10minutes.

Entire trip took 6 hours -_-

oldlady.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

great story.. inspiring actually.. I think I will pass on that trip

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Michelle is a tardo - right?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Michelle is a tardo - right?

Sure I suppose you could call her that.

I just know she's very irritating and bad at her job which includes answer the phone.

She seriously got upset at me that I didn't tell her about the courier

"You need this couriered?! You should have told me that first!"

"Sorry.... I told you on the phone..."

"I don't remember everyone I talk to on the phone"

I made an appt... she shouldn't make a note in the file?

I'm pretty sure the drive out to toronto would have been just as bad and expensive so I still found this more successful since I didn't have to deal w/parking fees.... but these tolls fees are OUTRAGEOUS

oldlady.gif

I have never had an issue with 407 (or any Toronto) signage to be honest. I find the 407 much easier than the 400 and 401, that's for sure! It is pricey, but for me, it is worth it.

There are blue signs above going down the 400 stating 407 ETR, and there is plenty of time to get on and off those (I find) as exit signs overhead are posted all along the highway. I have always seen signs for east and west when you get on as well. There is the main sign for getting on the 407, then it splits off east and west.

I only took the 407 when I came home from the USA on visits, as my return usually coincided with rush hour. So I took it maybe 5-6 times a year. From the QEW in Hamilton all the way to Vaughan.

That said, Toronto highways are nuts. FOR ME personally, the 407 is the easiest most stress free ride I could take in the city, and I have no problem paying!

They will bill you. My husband would always get bills. There is a ton of signs on the 407 stating that non Ontario plates will be billed (just as Ontario plates do).

Edited by canada_socks

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Timeline

I think you misunderstood my complaints.

I had no issues getting ON the 407.

I'm talking about exits OFF of the 407.

And I had no issues finding East or West.

On a normal highway sign (in Canada AND US) it will say something like 403 East HAMILTON so you have a city identifier of which way east and west is considering I'm not driving east or west on this highway at the time, I was driving North West, yet the highway was "East"

I don't understand when getting back on, why it didn't say 407 West TORONTO

oldlady.gif

I understand now!

I thought you meant overall signage. I am just used to driving it so I know where I am going. :)

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

FYI when I drove down in Washington on BC plates on tolls, I never got billed, and same with when my now-husband drove in BC on Washington plates on toll bridges. They may bill out of province but they don't bill out of country. How does the government know your address?

There was a story on the news awhile ago about how a guy in BC got a bill for going over a toll bridge. Turns out when he went to court to deny the bill saying he had never gone over the bridge, they looked up the image and saw Washington license plates with the same license plate number that he had. Needless to say, they dropped the bill ;)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

LOL LOVED the review KDH !!! quite entertaining and enjoyable and happy since I will be choosing Dr. Z for my med...AND taking the 407.....what exit did you take off the 407 to get to his office by the way ?

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

LOL LOVED the review KDH !!! quite entertaining and enjoyable and happy since I will be choosing Dr. Z for my med...AND taking the 407.....what exit did you take off the 407 to get to his office by the way ?

I came from the Hamilton area so my directions told me to take the 407, then exit towards Barrie, then get on the ON-400N.

Talk about terrible directions.

There's an exit for 27 that says Barrie on it.

So, naturally I exited (after crossing 2 lanes since I had no warning)

Then it was like 'okay clearly something isn't right'

Get back on, then off to the 400 (Which I found very confusing that google told me ON-400N)

You get on the 400N around exit 31 and you get back off at exit 35 which is right after Canada's wonderland.

Then right on Major Mackenzie (towards canada's wonderland)

Then down that street which seemed like FOREVER since I was already late >=[

FYI when I drove down in Washington on BC plates on tolls, I never got billed, and same with when my now-husband drove in BC on Washington plates on toll bridges. They may bill out of province but they don't bill out of country. How does the government know your address?

There was a story on the news awhile ago about how a guy in BC got a bill for going over a toll bridge. Turns out when he went to court to deny the bill saying he had never gone over the bridge, they looked up the image and saw Washington license plates with the same license plate number that he had. Needless to say, they dropped the bill wink.png

They bill you in the US.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I understand now!

I thought you meant overall signage. I am just used to driving it so I know where I am going. smile.png

Yes, hence why I said make it friendly for out of towners.

And, like I said, I know it wasn't just me because I was driving behind people doing the same circles.

Example of Proper Warning:

2mmckcy.jpg

How the 407 does it:

2z589bm.jpg

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Yes, hence why I said make it friendly for out of towners.

And, like I said, I know it wasn't just me because I was driving behind people doing the same circles.

Example of Proper Warning:

2mmckcy.jpg

How the 407 does it:

2z589bm.jpg

Ya good luck in getting across 5 lanes of traffic when it's busy....Not a fan either lol

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

I came from the Hamilton area so my directions told me to take the 407, then exit towards Barrie, then get on the ON-400N.

Get back on, then off to the 400 (Which I found very confusing that google told me ON-400N)

You get on the 400N around exit 31 and you get back off at exit 35 which is right after Canada's wonderland.

They bill you in the US.

great I know the area .... it can be confusing AND busy

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They bill you in the US.

What do you mean they bill you in the US? I definitely drove across US tolls and never got billed with a BC license plate. In fact when I was down here on BC plates after POE but before I imported my car, we took my car across toll bridges deliberately to avoid paying tolls.

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

What do you mean they bill you in the US? I definitely drove across US tolls and never got billed with a BC license plate. In fact when I was down here on BC plates after POE but before I imported my car, we took my car across toll bridges deliberately to avoid paying tolls.

Way to break the law, however, we're talking opposite.

They. will. bill. me.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.