My dad

40 posts in this topic

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My father has had the surgery done 3 times, a single, double and quadruple!! Still going strong. can't recal lhow long it took until he was near 100%, 4-5 months rings a bell. Medicine has come a long ways. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

You're right, flames. I had lunch with my parents today and dad is fine - he's just wanting to have the surgery soon and get it over and done with. They meet with the surgeon on Monday afternoon, so hopefully they'll leave there with a surgery date.

Thanks to all for your support. I will let you know what they find out.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Keep us updated Tracy and thinking of you and your family.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Well, my dad's surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, 3/16, at 7 am. He and my mom can stay at the hospital overnight the night before, as he's agreed to be part of a preoperative research study of some sort. So at least they won't have to worry about getting up so early to be at the hospital. I think that made my mom feel a little better.

My sister and I will probably travel there together, probably after she drops her kids off at school. I hate that I won't be there first thing, so I'm sort of hoping my sister could get someone else to take the kids to school just that one day. As it is, we'd have to fight rush hour traffic going in, and probably wouldn't even get there until after he'd been in surgery for two hours. But, all of that is just logistics. We can sort that out.

He goes in again Monday at 11 for some preop blood work and such.

Thanks again to all of you for listening and sending us your best wishes. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

All Get Well wishes to your Dad (F)

I felt the same when my Dad had a mild stroke last year. But he is fine now :thumbs:

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Best of luck tracy!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Well, my dad's surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, 3/16, at 7 am. He and my mom can stay at the hospital overnight the night before, as he's agreed to be part of a preoperative research study of some sort. So at least they won't have to worry about getting up so early to be at the hospital. I think that made my mom feel a little better.

My sister and I will probably travel there together, probably after she drops her kids off at school. I hate that I won't be there first thing, so I'm sort of hoping my sister could get someone else to take the kids to school just that one day. As it is, we'd have to fight rush hour traffic going in, and probably wouldn't even get there until after he'd been in surgery for two hours. But, all of that is just logistics. We can sort that out.

He goes in again Monday at 11 for some preop blood work and such.

Thanks again to all of you for listening and sending us your best wishes. :)

Fingers crossed for you, and your dad of course Tracy, and that everything goes smoothly. Lets hope you get good news throughout 2006

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tracy thanks for the update on your dad and thinking of you all.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.