Falene

Administrative Processing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance had his interview this morning in Delhi. He was very disappointed and felt the questions were difficult. He answered them all truthfully, but he feels like this will go against him. There were three big issues they hit.

First, when asked where we met, he told the CO on Yahoo Messenger. He asked where on Yahoo and he answered in a public chat room. So he asked which chat room and the answer is the Ohio chat room. He asked him twice what he was doing in the Ohio chat room. Both times he told the truth that there was no reason and he was just surfing to different chat rooms.

The next issue was why we are not getting married in India. He first said that I wanted to live in the US near my family. The CO said I did not ask where you want to live, I asked why not India. So again my fiance emphasized that I wanted to get married here in the US with my family and friends. This lead to the third issue..

CO asked about his family. He said that he does not have parents. This is true, they have passed away. So he asked about brother and sisters. He said I don't have brothers. I only have two sisters. Then he told him that his sisters don't know about it. The CO said it is a secret marriage. He responded that no it is not secret. Then he asked if anyone in India knows about this marriage. He answered that his friends know about it.

That was the end of the interview. He was given the administrative processing and did not take his passport. My fiance asked if this means it is rejected. CO said it was not rejected, but for further processing.

First I don't think it should matter which chat room we met in. It was really a random meeting and neither of us were looking for a relationship. We just got a long so well that we easily fell in love. I have even gone to India twice to meet him. He really wanted to come here, but it is difficult to get a visitor visa. We have a 2 year relationship and this is not a quick fling.

Also, what is wrong with getting married in US? In addition to the answer he gave, it would also be difficult for me to take time off work to get married in India. I would have to take an unpaid vacation for 5 weeks. To get a court marriage in India, it has to be posted publicly for 30 days and we both have to be present to apply.

Finally it should not matter that he has not told his sisters. He has told several of his friends and I even have the phone number for one friend. I have told a lot of people, but there is also a lot of people I have not told. My parents and brothers know so that must make it ok. I think it's ridiculous. I should be able to make any decision in my life and choose to tell who I want or no one at all.

I might be overreacting. I hope they are not questioning our relationship. They did not ask many other questions and did not look at any of the relationship evidence. How can they know enough with just a few questions? I felt that they already made a decision before giving the interview.

One final issue that I mentioned in an earlier post was that he did not have a birth certificate. He gave secondary evidence but could not get a letter that is was not registered. He wrote a letter explaining the situation and they would not take that letter. They did not mention anything about the birth certificate in the interview. He has applied to get a birth certificate but it will take a little time.

I sorry this was long, but I wanted to give enough details. Of course I'm now very stressed. Should I be concerned that they did not take his passport? I think the birth certificate could be the issue, but then I think they would have given the form requesting that document. I am worried that they are think that our relationship is not bona fide.

I tried to do some research. When can I contact them or take some action? Do I have any options? I read that most cases are resolved in 60 days and not to contact before that time period. I know it can take a lot longer or never be resolved.

Any help or suggestions are really appreciated. I don't post here much but I am always reading and really appreciate the information and support in this community. I have searched the forums, but its hard to get a good answer when each case is different.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Very sorry to hear about your situation, I can relate to your situation pretty well.. I hope the best for you guys.

Edited by sherryandyashpal

Met 10/2009Married 9/13/2012 in indiaFiled I-130 12/4/2012Assigned MSC case # 12/6/20122/14/2013 called uscis and on 1/30/2013 case moved from MSC to Chicago local office.4/17/2013 letter from senator durbin's office that a inquiry will be made on my case and to allow 30-60 days6/7/2013 NOA2 !!!!! while I am visiting my baby!!!!7/12/2013 letter from senator and copy of USCIS email to them stated our case heading to NVC 7/23/2013 NVC # assigned!!!!!!7/25/2013 called for Invoice identification number and had them add yash's email( Yash sent DS3032 via email nex day)7/29/2013 rec'd email from NVC with DS3032 and AOS invoice, paid today $88 mailed hardcopy of DS 30328/1/2013 AOS pkg mail via fed ex8/6/2013 AOS rec'd @NVC8/12/2013 DS3032 accepted IV invoiced8/15/2013 IV fed ex'd9/9/13 dreaded checklist asking for DS260 b/c DS230 obsolete<p>9/11/13 electronic submission of DS260 accepted
9/17/2013 called NVC case was completed as of today

10/1/2013 rec'd interview letter and date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

11/12/2013 email to pick up visa!!!

09/09/15-12/2016 ROC +interview= appproved in over a year

12/21/2016 fedex'd N-400 application and per fedex was rec'd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Waivers/AP forum, because AP is the current status. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.