Javier1982

I130 question D2 help please

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello guys, my wife (american) and i are filling the i130, but we have a problem....

She got married when she was 20 to a boyfriend from costa rica (they were boyfriends, the guy actually "used" her to become legal, and since she was in love she agreed), so we need to answer YES to the i130 question that asks if she ever file this petition before, BUT she has no idea where the petition was filed and the date, a lawyer did it, she only knows her marriage date, just that, and she doesnt have contact with this guy anymore...

if she writes, YES, and the name of the guy and the year (1999), will they reject it?

Also, is it a big red flag she already did this process even though it was 14 years ago? im very scared and worried, we met by chance when i was on vacations here some months ago

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

it is not a big red flag nor is it the basis for rejection.. it was over a decade ago afterall

do not lie on the petition.. material misrepresentation is the big red flag

she must do whatever she needs to do in order to provide the correct answers.. if she can not find the case number or such and it is asking for it, you will have to write a separate letter explaining the facts and see if it comes back as an rfe

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Are you still in the country and adjusting status at the same time as you are filing the I-130?

Just have her give her best estimate on the dates and such. If she knows the month and year, she can put that. If she does not know something, she can put Unknown.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, then I am going to move your post to the correct forum.

~ Moved from AOS Family Based to AOS from Work Student and Tourist ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

u have nothing to worry about, my wife was married 10yrs ago also. make sure u put the name of the ex husband and get a copy of the final divorce decree paperwork. if u cannot remember the date she filed for her ex husband just put the year, that's exactly what i did, infact we guessed the month also and i never had any RFE for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.