mrsSpitze

Obtaining a SSN

6 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if my USC husband can submit my SSN application forms together with the supporting documents.

We have a son and don't have daycare for him currently. My husband can't get time off work since he used it up when I came here for our wedding.

Thanks for your insights.

I'm wondering if my USC husband can submit my SSN application forms together with the supporting documents.

We have a son and don't have daycare for him currently. My husband can't get time off work since he used it up when I came here for our wedding.

Thanks for your insights.

Here is a story that will give you an idea of how the SSA works. My Grandmother was asked by her doctor to get a new Medicare card and since the SSA office was accros the street from his office, I decided to go and ask for a new card. I walk in and ask if they could send a new Medicare card to the address on record for my Grandmother whose SSN is XXX-XX-XXXX. "I am sorry, she will have to request this herself." So I walk back to the car and drive over there and help my 86 year old Grandmother out of the car and into the building. My Grandmother asks for a new Medicare card for herself SSN XXX-XX-XXXX. "Okay, the card will be mailed to your address in 10-20 business days." My Grandmother went off on why she could not get the card that day since they made her come in and asked for it or why her grandson could not request the card for her. The poor woman got an earfull and all she could do was say, "I am sorry, but that is our policy."

You can go in person OR you can mail all the paperwork into the main SSA office (which I do not recommend). Take the son to the SSA office. He can have all kinds of fun playing while you wait. I saw many people with their children when we went to get my wife's SSN so I am sure there are many in your situation.

Good luck,

Dave

We are actually going anyways due to the stories I've been reading about the k1 people getting their ssn's.

Was just thinking and [hoping] if my husband can just do it by himself so he doesnt need to drive back to the house to bring us home and back to wrk. We can all wish...

:)

Thanks everyone!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are actually going anyways due to the stories I've been reading about the k1 people getting their ssn's.

Was just thinking and [hoping] if my husband can just do it by himself so he doesnt need to drive back to the house to bring us home and back to wrk. We can all wish...

smile.png

Thanks everyone!!

I do understand for sure...

Here is a link to SSA that lists the requirements.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.