13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I had US spouse Visa interview on November 2012 and after the interview I got white 221(G) for proof of ongoing relationship. I have submitted the documents on December 2012. My husband filed the papers from New York on February 2012. Then I got second 221(g) on January 2013 stating that the case is still incomplete and want further administrative processing. It is a simple white 221(G) hand out. Still waiting for the Visacrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif that when I will get that to live permanently with my hubby there in New york.

But I have one question here:

I know Senators are no use in this case and nobody is above the Visa officer. Still I want the Senator to inquire about this case. My hubby is out of USA for 2/ 3 months for some office work and so on his behalf I need to contact the Senator. I can't call them because it is very expensive from India so how I can contact the Senator of Queens Village, New york.

If anybody can guide me regarding this, it is well and good.

I have two other questions:

1. How long the PCC is valid as I had PCC from Kolkata's Regional Passport office on June 2012? So when the case completion letter comes from the embassy then do I have to make the second PCC?

2. Is it true that for US Visa Medical/ Second medical, Kolkata's Apollo hospital is not doing that and instead of that you have to go to Bombay's Rele Clinic in Gamdevi to have the medical/ second medical done? I had a word with one of the veteran from Apollo hospital kolkata recently who is responsible for immigration medical and he told me that from now on you have to go to bombay for the second medical as my first medical already expired as it already completed the six months. IS it true? Anybody from Kolkata knows it? Please post your comment here.

Please early response will be appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by ss_mm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Hi All,

I had US spouse Visa interview on November 2012 and after the interview I got white 221(G) for proof of ongoing relationship. I have submitted the documents on December 2012. My husband filed the papers from New York on February 2012. Then I got second 221(g) on January 2013 stating that the case is still incomplete and want further administrative processing. It is a simple white 221(G) hand out. Still waiting for the Visacrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif that when I will get that to live permanently with my hubby there in New york.

But I have one question here:

I know Senators are no use in this case and nobody is above the Visa officer. Still I want the Senator to inquire about this case. My hubby is out of USA for 2/ 3 months for some office work and so on his behalf I need to contact the Senator. I can't call them because it is very expensive from India so how I can contact the Senator of Queens Village, New york.

If anybody can guide me regarding this, it is well and good.

I have two other questions:

1. How long the PCC is valid as I had PCC from Kolkata's Regional Passport office on June 2012? So when the case completion letter comes from the embassy then do I have to make the second PCC?

2. Is it true that for US Visa Medical/ Second medical, Kolkata's Apollo hospital is not doing that and instead of that you have to go to Bombay's Rele Clinic in Gamdevi to have the medical/ second medical done? I had a word with one of the veteran from Apollo hospital kolkata recently who is responsible for immigration medical and he told me that from now on you have to go to bombay for the second medical as my first medical already expired as it already completed the six months. IS it true? Anybody from Kolkata knows it? Please post your comment here.

Please early response will be appreciated!

Thanks

it is doubtful you will be able to start an inquiry with the senators office.

in order to do this a consent form has to be filed.. then follow up communication and status is done over the phone.. how will your husband do this? I doubt they will deal with a foreign national, but you can try. congress, house of reps, nor the white house have ANY influence over ap. your efforts will go unrewarded

also .. fyi.. google voice .. free calls to the united states.. cheap international.

police clearances are generally good for a year or less.. I have not seen any others good for more than a year. I would wait to get a new one until ap has finished.

doctors authorized to perform the evaluations are listed on the us gov'ts website.

all this information you can get to from your embassy's site.

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Timeline

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married

"about me"

NVC

6/13/21013 AOS paid

08/28/2013 Case Complete

Embassy

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

Timeline

in order to do this a consent form has to be filed.. then follow up communication and status is done over the phone.. how will your husband do this? I doubt they will deal with a foreign national, but you can try. congress, house of reps, nor the white house have ANY influence over ap. your efforts will go unrewarded

also .. fyi.. google voice .. free calls to the united states.. cheap international.

police clearances are generally good for a year or less.. I have not seen any others good for more than a year. I would wait to get a new one until ap has finished.

doctors authorized to perform the evaluations are listed on the us gov'ts website.

Thank you so much for the reply!

Thank You Stevie b!

You would not be able to get through the Senator's office.... you can try...

It will be better if your husband talk to them

Good luck

Thank You Deep for the information!

Timeline

Hi Stevie, can you please tell me where I will get the consent form? As my husband lives in Queens Village, New York, who will be the Senator and how I can send the consent form to the senator? If you can send the senator's website.

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are two senators for the state of new york, Kirsten Gillebrand and Chuck Schumer. They won't just have a consent form available to download. You have to call and speak to the person in their office who handles immigration issues. They'd send out a consent form.

If you want to find other congressional representatives, have your husband go to this site and put in his zip code, it will tell him who his reps are.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Edited by ErinBeth

Timeline

There are two senators for the state of new york, Kirsten Gillebrand and Chuck Schumer. They won't just have a consent form available to download. You have to call and speak to the person in their office who handles immigration issues. They'd send out a consent form.

If you want to find other congressional representatives, have your husband go to this site and put in his zip code, it will tell him who his reps are.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Thanks a lot Erin! But I am from India and I need to email them directly because my husband went for some office work for 4/5 months outside US. And I don't think I will disturb my husband in this regard now. ALready he is tensed with this Visa thing.

So I want to help myself and if an email I can do on my husband's behalf and then later my husband will do the follow up and enquiry.

Thanks though Erin:)

Timeline

They may not respond to you since you do not live in their district or state. Just be aware of that when you contact them.

But Erin I can email them on my husband's behalf right? After that follow up and status inquiry will be done by by husband from there? IS that fine?

Edited by ss_mm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Of course you can email them, but they may not respond since they technically do not represent you. That was all I was cautioning for. If I were in your shoes, I would do everything I could to reach out.

Timeline

Of course you can email them, but they may not respond since they technically do not represent you. That was all I was cautioning for. If I were in your shoes, I would do everything I could to reach out.

Thank you Erin. feeling good now. Sometimes feel very suffocated because its taking so long after interview on November, 2012 and still it is stretching so long. My husband is busy nowadays so can't really disturb him so just trying to help myself.

Thanks once again!

Timeline

But Erin I can email them on my husband's behalf right? After that follow up and status inquiry will be done by by husband from there? IS that fine?

the only challenge is that most interaction with a representative or congressman is over the phone

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married

"about me"

NVC

6/13/21013 AOS paid

08/28/2013 Case Complete

Embassy

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.