RFQ

All the things I've tried that didn't work!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know you all will probably try the same things because it helps pass the time and makes you feel like you are doing something...

(for the record I am in 'approved pending mandatory AP' status)

1) Contacted embassy at 6 weeks- generic response, You are in AP, we don't know anything.

2) Contacted Senator- "I will contact the embassy but I have done so in the past and they will not tell me anything more than they tell you"

3) Contact embassy to ask for them to return my husbands' passport so he can travel since we've exceeded the 10 week mark with no end in sight: recieved the generic AP response again and no answer to our question
4) Contacted the embassy via again asking how to retrieve the passport for them- received the generic response AGAIN

5) Called DOS stateside and the lady "checked our files via the computer". She stated "everything looks good, however you must complete the mandatory AP, and there is no one who can tell you what/why/when about it. They don't tell" (She was very nice and had an apologetic tone to her voice)

I asked her if my husband can come visit me in the states with his B2 visa while we waited. She said its not possible. :(

So... we wait.

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you for listing the things you have tried sense you have been in AP. Remember you can always go and visit your husband if the embassy does not return his passport.God willing they are holding it because they will put a visa in it soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There are some other steps you can be taking:

"You must first (before filing a law suit) try to resolve your matter with USCIS in good faith, you should have at least sent the Service Center director and District Director two letters inquiring about your case via certified mail with return receipt.

You should also make an Infopass appointment with your district office and talk to an immigration officer to inquiry about the status of your case (this did it for me when my case was frozen).

Lastly, USCIS has the office of the ombudsman (a person that works for the public to resolve USCIS matters by making suggestions to make the process smoother or by inquiring about cases that have been frozen as far as processing goes) which can investigate the case for you. Check : http://www.dhs.gov/x...orial_0497.shtm

Only if you attempt all of this and after 6 months you still do not get a response then you should file the mandamus action. 99% of the chances are that if you do all of things I outlined for you above, you will receive a response as to the status of your case." http://discuss.ilw.c...rit-od-mandamus

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

I know you all will probably try the same things because it helps pass the time and makes you feel like you are doing something...

(for the record I am in 'approved pending mandatory AP' status)

1) Contacted embassy at 6 weeks- generic response, You are in AP, we don't know anything.

2) Contacted Senator- "I will contact the embassy but I have done so in the past and they will not tell me anything more than they tell you"

3) Contact embassy to ask for them to return my husbands' passport so he can travel since we've exceeded the 10 week mark with no end in sight: recieved the generic AP response again and no answer to our question

4) Contacted the embassy via again asking how to retrieve the passport for them- received the generic response AGAIN

5) Called DOS stateside and the lady "checked our files via the computer". She stated "everything looks good, however you must complete the mandatory AP, and there is no one who can tell you what/why/when about it. They don't tell" (She was very nice and had an apologetic tone to her voice)

I asked her if my husband can come visit me in the states with his B2 visa while we waited. She said its not possible. sad.png

So... we wait.

Check out the phone directory.... many important contacts in that list

I also have the office of inspector general

Deputy

and send it to the ceac.gov or ceac.state.gov I cannot remember which one it is but it is one to contact if you have extended AP

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Thank you for the suggestions. When I get impatient again, I might try them.

Here's the actual written response to my Senator from the Consulate:

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:53 AM
To: Ms. B (Sentaor McCaskill)
Subject: RE: XXXXX and Mr. XXXXX (Case #CRO________)
Ms. B:
Thank you for your email message.
Our records indicate that Mr. XXXXX appeared at our office for his visa interview on April 3, 2013. His application is currently undergoing mandatory administrative processing. The time needed to review an individual’s case is difficult to predict. Once this processing on Mr. XXXXX’s case is complete, we will process his application to conclusion. Mr. XXXXX should visit our website at http://egypt.usembas...r/ivstatus.html on a regular basis to check the status of his visa application and comply with the instructions posted. While we understand the personal inconvenience that the present process can cause, we are certain that your constituent will agree that we must exercise due diligence in ensuring that U.S. national security is enhanced, not compromised, by our visa processing. I hope the above information is helpful in responding to your constituent’s inquiry.
Regards,
Information and Correspondence Unit
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, Cairo
Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.