breezy

I-864 household size and other doubts...

7 posts in this topic

I've been researching for almost two years now, I have a double binder bursting of info and tips...You'd think I would have it all sorted out by now....sooo not the case. :no:

1 :star: The USC NEVER needs to be sponsored, CORRECT?

2 :star: I (now living in Italy for past 3 years) WILL NOT be counted in the co-sponsors household size because I don't live with them now and I won't live with them upon our arrival in the U.S. My husband (benificiary) WILL BE counted in co-sponsors household size because he will be sponsored by them even though not living under the same roof,CORRECT?

3 :star: When filing the I-864, my husband will use 3 co-cponsors BECAUSE all three of them live in the same house, even if all three are not declared as dependants on eachothers tax returns. CORRECT?

4 :star: All three must meet 125% poverty guidelines for ALL IN HOUSEHOLD + benificiary or INDIVIDUAL + 1?

Household of co-sponsors includes:

My mother---own income to support herself and my husband.

My grandmother---own retirement income to support herself and my husband.

My uncle--- own income to support his one dependant and my husband.

5 :star: My husbands income will NOT be listed on my I-864 because I am a dependant on HIS Italian tax returns, not vice versa, even though we have lived in the same household for the past 6 months. His income will NOT BE LISTED ANYWHERE because it will not continue on arrival to the U.S. CORRECT?

6:star: Am I confused? CORRECT!

Please sand down and remove spikes from sticks and whatnot before using them, thank you, Bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

bree... when it comes to all of this paperwork, i am NOT the one to ask... i actually had an attorney to do ours...

but, what i did want to say is that you have come to the right place... the people here have so much experience and are so helpful...

I wish you the absolute best!

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I've been researching for almost two years now, I have a double binder bursting of info and tips...You'd think I would have it all sorted out by now....sooo not the case. :no:

1 :star: The USC NEVER needs to be sponsored, CORRECT?

2 :star: I (now living in Italy for past 3 years) WILL NOT be counted in the co-sponsors household size because I don't live with them now and I won't live with them upon our arrival in the U.S. My husband (benificiary) WILL BE counted in co-sponsors household size because he will be sponsored by them even though not living under the same roof,CORRECT?

3 :star: When filing the I-864, my husband will use 3 co-cponsors BECAUSE all three of them live in the same house, even if all three are not declared as dependants on eachothers tax returns. CORRECT?

4 :star: All three must meet 125% poverty guidelines for ALL IN HOUSEHOLD + benificiary or INDIVIDUAL + 1?

Household of co-sponsors includes:

My mother---own income to support herself and my husband.

My grandmother---own retirement income to support herself and my husband.

My uncle--- own income to support his one dependant and my husband.

5 :star: My husbands income will NOT be listed on my I-864 because I am a dependant on HIS Italian tax returns, not vice versa, even though we have lived in the same household for the past 6 months. His income will NOT BE LISTED ANYWHERE because it will not continue on arrival to the U.S. CORRECT?

6:star: Am I confused? CORRECT!

Please sand down and remove spikes from sticks and whatnot before using them, thank you, Bree

1. Not always true but for your purposes, yes.

2. It's called joint sponsors and household members.

-Household member is someone living in the same residence as the sponsor, joint or primary, who is related to the sponsor by blood, marriage, or adoption.

-Sponsor refers to the person or company petitioning for the immigrant. Joint sponsor is someone who supplement the sponsor's income for the purpose of support.

Yes your husband will be counted in the joint sponsor's total household size. You will not be counted.

3. It's not three "co-sponsor". It's one joint sponsor and two household members. See next answer.

4. Since your three "co-sponsor" are related to one another you should do this. Pick one of them to be the joint sponsor who fills out the I-864. The other two are household members of the joint sponsor who will fill out I-864As. Their total combined income on the I-864 must meet 125% poverty level for their total household size, which already includes your husband in it.

In case you're not clear. You submit one I-864. One of your relatives submit one I-864, the other two relatives submit an I-864A each with the first relative's I-864.

5. Yes.

6. Yes. No.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

breeeeeezy! I miss your little gold stars :) Thanks so much for your post on the Italian DCF thread, btw!

For your Qs:

1: Correct.

2: Correct, correct.

3: It took me a couple of reads, but I think scy nailed it correctly in figuring out what you mean. Using the I-864-A (if they qualify via relationships) is easier and much less paperwork than three separate JS I-864s. You may not even need the income of all 3 to be included. You can always d/l additional I-864As if you need them.

4: depends on how you approach it; I-864 x 3, or one I-864 + 2 -As.

5: Nothing to do with your Italian tax status. Husband has no US income to include. A non-issue for *your* I-864. Assets may be included w/out using an I-864-A.

6: You know a lot more than you think you do, Bree! Don't get flustered.. you're all over this! :)

It's a shame people are scared to ask questions :)

Lol, I don't think Bree is scared to ask questions around here.. she's an old vet by now!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

meauxna,

I'm trying to figure out this 'I-864 x 3' thing. A joint sponsor must be able to meet the full requirement, so there's no point to having more than two I-864s - one from the sponsor and one from a qualified joint sponsor.

Yodrak

4: depends on how you approach it; I-864 x 3, or one I-864 + 2 -As.

It's a shame people are scared to ask questions :)

Lol, I don't think Bree is scared to ask questions around here.. she's an old vet by now!

Edited by Yodrak

syc, Thanks so much for taking the patience and time, 864 and 864A are a little clearer now! Now am just deciding who to use. Options are such a great thing to have + loving relatives! thanks again!

thanks for your support Lynne!

Big thanks for mo and Yordak, your 2 cents are appriciated like always! :thumbs:

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.