Sign in to follow this  
john90r

I-129f

9 posts in this topic

hey

just wondering since the I-129f does not depend on financial status would it be beneficial to apply now so when the time does come and we do have the right income we all ready have that done, or does the petition only last a set amount of time? just we have to wait till have a years worth of pay checks and i figure it might save us some time in the long run.

thanks

hey

just wondering since the I-129f does not depend on financial status would it be beneficial to apply now so when the time does come and we do have the right income we all ready have that done, or does the petition only last a set amount of time? just we have to wait till have a years worth of pay checks and i figure it might save us some time in the long run.

thanks

Not sure why you need a year's worth of paychecks? Is your job conditional for the first year? The i-134 is a non-enforceable affidavit of support which is only due by the time you get an interview (as a k1 you pick your own interview date.) The enforceable I-864 is due after marriage when the beneficiary adjusts status in the USA.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You do not get to pick your interview date in London. It is assigned to you. You do not need a year's worth of pay checks either. You don't even have to have a tax return for London if you have other good proofs. When the NOA2 is received is a good time to finalize ithe I-134 with the supporting documents and get it in the mail.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

well it isn't my pay checks it is my fiances she has just started her job and dosn't have an annual salary so we assumed we would have to wait till she got some thing telling her how much she earned over the year... or are we totally wrong ? just what we have been reading is that she must earn at least $20,000 a year to be able to sponsor me for the visa.

well it isn't my pay checks it is my fiances she has just started her job and dosn't have an annual salary so we assumed we would have to wait till she got some thing telling her how much she earned over the year... or are we totally wrong ? just what we have been reading is that she must earn at least $20,000 a year to be able to sponsor me for the visa.

Let's assume she gets paid once a month. She reports her current income as 12 x [one paycheck]. If it's not the same each month, then figure out what she will earn at her current average paycheck multiplied out to be a year's worth. You don't have to collect a year's worth. It is current income projected forward.

Paid every other week [avg paycheck] x 26 = ?

Then prove it with at least 3 months of paychecks or a letter from her employer saying full time or state how many hours a week and what her expected yearly income will be.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

i have one quick question, so she gets inheritance that gets paid monthly can this go on top of the income amount she earns or would then not recognise this ?

Yes, if she can show it with a document saying how much, how often and for how long. Or even show some bank statements showing it goes into her account each month by direct deposit. If she gets checks in the mail, then start photocopying them before she goes to the bank. Just use your common sense to think through "I have to show this total stranger my money. What can I use to prove it to him?" You will be the one presenting it at the interview in London, so understand it yourself in case asked to explain.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.