twixie10527

got the NVC case number

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

after 10 working days since NOA2 I tried my luck calling nvc and she said they have just received it yesterday from uscis. she gave me our nvc case number but said that they will notify me if they have sent it to Singapore. now that I have the case number, what's next? can I start working on it? I have read somewhere that CENOMAR from Philippines should be filed online and send directly to USEM, is that true? and how about the police clearance? I hope someone from Singapore can enlighten me on this.

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

after 10 working days since NOA2 I tried my luck calling nvc and she said they have just received it yesterday from uscis. she gave me our nvc case number but said that they will notify me if they have sent it to Singapore. now that I have the case number, what's next? can I start working on it? I have read somewhere that CENOMAR from Philippines should be filed online and send directly to USEM, is that true? and how about the police clearance? I hope someone from Singapore can enlighten me on this.

Good luck in getting the answers. I posted asking the same questions and no one seems to know/want to answer. I just assume that all those that have gone through the United States Embassy in Singapore previously have moved on.

In addition to posting here:

The Petitioner called the United States Embassy in Singapore and was told nothing useful.

The Petitioner emailed the United States Embassy in Singapore and received a reply to wait for the information packet with instructions.

The Beneficiary called the United States Embassy in Singapore and was told to wait for the information packet with instructions.

The Beneficiary asked how long it would be before the instruction packet would be sent. No specific or general timeframe was provided? Just wait.

Our approach has been to get all documents and known steps completed short of acquiring:

1. the Philippines CENOMAR
  2. the Philippines NBI Clearance and
  3. the Singapore Police CoC

I recommend that you and your beneficiary do that same.

Particularly get the vaccinations started/completed if not already done. It is cheaper to do them at a place other than the required medical clinic and probably cheaper than getting them in the USA.

Edited by EAS

• 2 weeks later...

We just received our NVC case number yesterday, on the 28th, I'm wondering if you have heard from the Embassy in Singapore yet? I was told by NVC that they are processing Visa's rather quickly at the moment.

I-129F Sent : 2012-11-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-12-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-5-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-6-10
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-6-17
NVC Received : 2013-06-28
NVC Left : 2013-07-02
Consulate Received : 2013-07-08
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-10
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-25
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-24
Interview Date : 2013-09-13
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-09-23
US Entry : 2013-10-25

Marriage : 2013-11-16

Filed AOS
CIS Office : Santa Ana CA
Date Filed : 2013-12-05
NOA Date : 2013-12-12

Biometrics: 2013-12-26

Interview Date: 2014-04-07

EAD Approval: 2014-02-15

EAD Received: 2014-02-26

AP Approved: 2014-02-18

AP Received: 2014-02-26

I-751 Sent: 2016-01-09

I-751 NOA1: 2016-01-11

I-751 Biometrics: 2016-02-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi...!

I've been wanting to reply since last month but the system logs me out whenever I press send.

I got my visa today from Aramex in Kallang. I leave in Sept.

• CENOMAR has to be sent to USEM. I went the easiest route but longest waiting time route. Got my fiance's credit card and paid for it because they only accept US, European credit cards. I ask them to snail mail it, with my Reference/Case no on the address. It took a while but it's okay. If you want rush, you have to open an account with FEDEX. They have to block $500 of your credit card as part of their policy but they don't withdraw it. T That was the down side, I didn't have a credit card.
  • Police Clearance is from Cantonement. Go in the morning as they only accept applications then.
  • NBI Clearance. Go to the Phil Embassy. Apply and bring 2 passport photos. Have yourself finger printed. Get that application and send it to the US via Singpost. Write a letter of authorization. Have someone do this for you while you're in SG

I'd love to help you if I can. Please email me at jecruiz@hotmail.com if you have more questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.