klm9971

RFE Response time Nov VSC Filer (Sent RFE - 3rd June, 2013)

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

The email address' I was given after the second call are vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and scopsscata@dhs.gov. Neither of them have emailed me back. Only received the automatic responses, but its only been 7 days since i sent the emails.

Edited by Dpeter736
Removal of Conditions I-751 NOA = July 23, 2012BIO = August 23, 2012RFE = March 28, 2013RFE Sent = April 5, 2013Service Request = June 5, 2013Service Request = August 5, 2013Info Pass = August 15, 2013I-751 Interview = November 21, 2013Production of New Card = December 5, 2013Card Shipped = December 10, 2013Card Received = December 14, 2013Naturalization N-400Sent = September 12, 2013Received = September 19, 2013Notice Date = September 23, 2013BIO = October 21, 2013 In-Line = January 28, 2014Interview = March 6, 2014<p>Oath = April 25, 2014

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, so after reading all these post and me RFE response was received by VCS 5 weeks ago, i decided to call USCIS today to ask about the status of my case. After a long automatic recording and a wait, i was able to actually get in touch with a customer service representative.

Basically, he read to me the same status that i find online, which it still says "initial Review", and just as i had predicted, he told me that if i had sent my response to the RFE we received and had not received a response from them yet, to WAIT and call back only after 60 days . Because i was still under "normal processing times".

Great.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok, so after reading all these post and me RFE response was received by VCS 5 weeks ago, i decided to call USCIS today to ask about the status of my case. After a long automatic recording and a wait, i was able to actually get in touch with a customer service representative.

Basically, he read to me the same status that i find online, which it still says "initial Review", and just as i had predicted, he told me that if i had sent my response to the RFE we received and had not received a response from them yet, to WAIT and call back only after 60 days . Because i was still under "normal processing times".

Great.

So 60 days it is then!!! WAIT WAIT n WAIT...ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

We received an RFE on 5-24-2013 and we sent in everything we had on 6-10-2013.We just received an email from USCIS telling us that my wife's 10 year greencard is approved and to allow up to 30 days to receive it in the mail.We didn't have to have an interview.We sent our I-751 to the VSC.We are so happy it is approved and we are done with ROC.We can file for naturalization later this year.

Timeline

We received an RFE on 5-24-2013 and we sent in everything we had on 6-10-2013.We just received an email from USCIS telling us that my wife's 10 year greencard is approved and to allow up to 30 days to receive it in the mail.We didn't have to have an interview.We sent our I-751 to the VSC.We are so happy it is approved and we are done with ROC.We can file for naturalization later this year.

Congrats! RFE Person!

Waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just received a response to my page long email to them.

"Good day, Our records show that your case is currently under active review with an Immigration Services Officer.

Please contact us again in thirty days if you have not heard from us within this time frame."
What a joke. Didn't answer one question I asked. The RFE said wait 60 days, my phone call said wait 15 days, and now this email says wait 30 days. What the heck?!?!
Removal of Conditions I-751 NOA = July 23, 2012BIO = August 23, 2012RFE = March 28, 2013RFE Sent = April 5, 2013Service Request = June 5, 2013Service Request = August 5, 2013Info Pass = August 15, 2013I-751 Interview = November 21, 2013Production of New Card = December 5, 2013Card Shipped = December 10, 2013Card Received = December 14, 2013Naturalization N-400Sent = September 12, 2013Received = September 19, 2013Notice Date = September 23, 2013BIO = October 21, 2013 In-Line = January 28, 2014Interview = March 6, 2014<p>Oath = April 25, 2014

Timeline

Just received a response to my page long email to them.

"Good day, Our records show that your case is currently under active review with an Immigration Services Officer.

Please contact us again in thirty days if you have not heard from us within this time frame."
What a joke. Didn't answer one question I asked. The RFE said wait 60 days, my phone call said wait 15 days, and now this email says wait 30 days. What the heck?!?!

LOL! Did you email to those email ids you gave us?

Waiting...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey I just called USCIS you select opt 2 and then option 2 again. I spoke to representative they could not find my case so she transferred me to an Immigration Offices. There was a 96 minute wait time so I pressed 1 to have them call me back when it was my turn. They called after an hour or so. The Immigration Officer asked for my Alien # instead of receipt #. She advised me that the system was not updated even after they received the RFE and my case is out of processing time. She sent a service request to VSC and gave me a confirmation #. She said I would get a mailed response in 14 days and if I have not gotten any I should call again with the confirmation #. My cutoff time for RFE response is 7/25 so I want to have a chance in case they lost my RFE response somehow to resend it again if needed. Please keep me updated.

Timeline

Hey I just called USCIS you select opt 2 and then option 2 again. I spoke to representative they could not find my case so she transferred me to an Immigration Offices. There was a 96 minute wait time so I pressed 1 to have them call me back when it was my turn. They called after an hour or so. The Immigration Officer asked for my Alien # instead of receipt #. She advised me that the system was not updated even after they received the RFE and my case is out of processing time. She sent a service request to VSC and gave me a confirmation #. She said I would get a mailed response in 14 days and if I have not gotten any I should call again with the confirmation #. My cutoff time for RFE response is 7/25 so I want to have a chance in case they lost my RFE response somehow to resend it again if needed. Please keep me updated.

Wait? What? When did you mail your RFE Packet? Which number you called?

Edited by klm9971

Waiting...

Timeline

i mail it on 6/3 and i call 800 no in case status site

So I am confused now? You sent your packet on 3rd June and normal processing times for RFEs in VSC is 60 days. That makes your case still under processing till 3rd August.

In that case I should give them a call too. I sent my packet on the same date as you are and havnt seen/updated/received a thing from USCIS.

Edited by klm9971

Waiting...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No it says in the blue paper it takes at least 14 days to process, but if you didn't hear from us within 60 days call. That does not mean they will take 60 days. Since they sent the RFE that means they start to process the case. Note: The processing times on the website said 6 months for the whole case so that means my case regardless of RFE or not, is out of processing time because it has been over 6 months and they have to look at your case. RFE does not have processing time. Plus I don't trust them it could pass 60 days and they can tell you they never received the RFE and your case is denied for not responding during your timeframe. Do you really want to take any chances? At least they may just respond and tell me they did receive the RFE response and at least I would have the proof that they did receive it because it is not showing online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called for my case , And trust me, they will tell you to call after 60 days have passed since you sent them the RFE response. That is what they told me as well.

I am a December filer with VSC. I received an RFE on May 3 and they received my response on May 22nd. It's been 5 weeks and counting and still have not heard anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.