Ryan H

Consulate in Guangzhou relocating

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

why you not use a telephone, O Randy ? what's up ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The notices that they ARE moving during the period of July 15 through July 29 are up, with different units re-opening on July 22, 24, and 29.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey, are you still trying to get an interview date? If so, I have a way that guarantees you will get one quick. I've already told several other members here and they all got theirs this way, very fast.

I think it's pretty much certain that the move WILL occur - aside from the lack of an official announcement, the problem is that people are being left in the dark as to when new appointment dates will be available.

The only way to know (for now) is to keep checking the ustraveldocs web site. Under the old system, these same people would simply sit back and wait for the official P4 appointment letter to arrive.

Not much of a change, really, but a MAJOR headache for those who need to get an appointment date.

Timeline

Hey, are you still trying to get an interview date? If so, I have a way that guarantees you will get one quick. I've already told several other members here and they all got theirs this way, very fast.

If that's directed at me - no, my wife got her visa in 2005.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing

Timeline

The notices that they ARE moving during the period of July 15 through July 29 are up, with different units re-opening on July 22, 24, and 29.

But you refused to use a telephone, not go through the machinations covered in post #16.

re: notices - sure - that's important, but not what I was asking of you.

The notices are published now, so that's a plus.

What I was asking of you , was 20 seconds of social engineering with a telephone call into the USCIS Guangzhou office.

It's ok - nevermind..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Please deposit an additional 25¢ . . . smile.png

玉林,桂 resident

Timeline

OK - so finally I heard back on the morning of the 11th . My procurement officer contact forwarded the email over to the IV unit, and the IV unit replied...

We will move next week and hopefully will resume business on 7/24.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 13526 To respond to this email, use only the web form at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn//immigrant-visa-unit-question.html E-mails sent via “reply” will not be received.

Timeline

Timeline

Yes they do, but funny I couldn't find the actually address as in 343 Huaxia but I see it should be on that corner of Huaxia and Huacheng. So I had planned on picking up the visa at the hotel across the street from the 'old' location. I wonder if they will have new pick-up locations? I will have to do some research but anyone know if there is a pick-up location closer to the new IV location?

Timeline

locations? no more EMS mailing, so no more use of China Post locations.

Must to pick a CITIC bank location...

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

So with the new location now being confirmed; what about the interview letters that state the old address? My fiancee said she had heard some people receiving updated letters with the new address, and others have not received them. Would they give her any trouble at the entrance?

Edit; any trouble with the appointment letter stating the old address...sort of a gray area...if the date is correct and everything else just the address

Edited by DaLuoBo

Timeline

take letter with old address to new location - no problem to get in.

Timeline

Darnell would be the best person to answer that question. But we are also one those who have not received that email notification about the move. My guess is that it's an automated email scheduled to be sent to us a certain number of days before the actual interview date. Since your date is 8/1, you should be receiving your email notification soon. Ours is 8/6

Timeline

Darnell, I don't remember where I read it but somewhere it says that we cannot bring any electronic devices into the embassy and they have no storage locker services anywhere nearby to out our cellphones in. Is this true? I also heard that the old location had storage services nearby. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.