Ryan H

Consulate in Guangzhou relocating

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I called the USCIS hotline in Guangzhou (see http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=44248875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

and asked if the USCIS office was moving in July. Answer - Yes.

Then I asked if the immigrant visa office was moving in July. Answer - Yes.

So - you guys might want to verify stuff - call the USCIS hotline in Guangzhou and ask about the move for the IV Unit.

Why did I do this? The USCIS office is in the same building as the IV Unit.

report back, when yer able?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I called the USCIS hotline in Guangzhou (see http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=44248875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

and asked if the USCIS office was moving in July. Answer - Yes.

Then I asked if the immigrant visa office was moving in July. Answer - Yes.

So - you guys might want to verify stuff - call the USCIS hotline in Guangzhou and ask about the move for the IV Unit.

Why did I do this? The USCIS office is in the same building as the IV Unit.

report back, when yer able?

Is it possible that the person you spoke with was mistaken? (wishful thinking on my part)

It would make sense why there is a lack of appointment slots, it could just be shut down until the move is complete and they aren't going to open up slots until everything is up and running.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

at this juncture - the point of the exercise is for anyone else reading this, to make yer own telephone call,

ask the same 2 questions, and report back.

ONE phone call (even from me), IMO, doesn't validate stuff at all.

Would you mind, too terribly, to make a telephone call when the Guangzhou USCIS office is open?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

at this juncture - the point of the exercise is for anyone else reading this, to make yer own telephone call,

ask the same 2 questions, and report back.

ONE phone call (even from me), IMO, doesn't validate stuff at all.

Would you mind, too terribly, to make a telephone call when the Guangzhou USCIS office is open?

be happy too! I want to know what's going on as well!

I'll report back with what I find out.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

cool - thanks ! apologies if i sounded acerbic, i'm nursing a summer cold, alone and I'm exceptionally cranky.

Timeline

cool - thanks ! apologies if i sounded acerbic, i'm nursing a summer cold, alone and I'm exceptionally cranky.

No worries, didn't take it that way at all.

Hope you feel better!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

This is Rachel, Rob is sleeping

the news as I know they does plan to move. date from 15th-22th

今日,美国驻广州领事馆美国公民部发出通知,表示近日领事馆将搬迁到珠江新城全新宽敞的建筑内,搬迁期间日常服务包括护照更换、加页、海外出生领事报告和公正服务将暂时停止,从7月15日到7月22日,预约办理服务和领取护照都将停止。

广州领事馆美国公民部建议华南地区的美国公民从现在开始检查家庭成员的护照,如有必要可提前预约,以免造成不便或者打乱旅行计划。

另,因为美国驻广州总领事馆签证部和公民部一样位于天河区林和中路136号天誉花园二期五楼(美成达公司楼上),所以,领事馆搬迁期间同样会对中国公司预约申请签证和见官面谈造成影响,所以广州领区的中国公民近期到美国出游、探亲、商务、留学等活动将受到影响,应提前准备,广州领区包括广东、广西、海南、福建。

另外,整个中国大陆地区的移民美国签证均在广州领事馆负责,所以,对移民签证的申请人,同样造成影响。

mmexport1370415286721.jpg

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

Hello, u are looking at Rachel 's words....normally i just reading and don't post things.

since i update the info for Rob, I want to update another one thing too

I know there is a post about P3 shortcut somewhere, and the infor is really really old, I mean 2009 form....for 169

Since I am waiting P3, I did a lot search, I found some new here, is vision 2012, at least the money u need to pay in the paper is $240 as much as the consulate website public

OF-169

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/K%20Instruction%20Apr%2012.pdf

so now, what i am worry is, when will my P3 arrived, because it is arrived before they move, i still can use the form and send back to the consulate, but if after that time, the form address must be updated too....

anyway, we will see

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

ya, the p3 address for mailing in the shamian island address, is never the Tian He address.

The Consulate at Shamian Island is moving to a new enclave - there is no doubt about that.

The question was always about the IV Unit at Tian He - are they moving also ?

IMO, the P3 shortcut (which I wrote) is predicated, out of date, since 19 March 2013, as the procedures changed for using ustraveldocs and cgi stanley.

Timeline

Rachel - I translated that chinese text - do you have any url that it came from?

Timeline

ya, the p3 address for mailing in the shamian island address, is never the Tian He address.

The Consulate at Shamian Island is moving to a new enclave - there is no doubt about that.

The question was always about the IV Unit at Tian He - are they moving also ?

IMO, the P3 shortcut (which I wrote) is predicated, out of date, since 19 March 2013, as the procedures changed for using ustraveldocs and cgi stanley.

When I reading the first line...I was like "is never the Tian he..." "he?" "him?"what's that mean.....oh.....河。。。laughing at myself now....

anyway..IV means immigrant visa? As i have been there, they are in same floor, just in one office (big space)

so i think if they said they move, will be all....also from what i read...it is....

I searched on google use chinese key words....a famous visa agency website come out, that was what i copied from their site. they seems like they just type all the content out on their site and in case people believe them, they attached the pic, which I post too....(their office in same builiding as consulate)

Their blog post on 5th June, and as the quote said, "today...blah blah..." so i assume they get that noties on 5th

http://www.mcdvisa.com/html/MCD_News/201365/136515E7.html

first two paragrah just talked about what normal services would affect, and then they(agency) especial mentioned about

另,因为美国驻广州总领事馆签证部和公民部一样位于天河区林和中路136号天誉花园二期五楼(美成达公司楼上),所以,领事馆搬迁期间同样会对中国公司预约申请签证和见官面谈造成影响,所以广州领区的中国公民近期到美国出游、探亲、商务、留学等活动将受到影响,应提前准备,广州领区包括广东、广西、海南、福建。

PS: THE VJ is and people server in same floor, so it would affect China company appointment for visa application and interview....so...if recently u want US travel...meeting your family members in US, for go school in Us etc...please prepare earlier....

另外,整个中国大陆地区的移民美国签证均在广州领事馆负责,所以,对移民签证的申请人,同样造成影响。

PPS: all immigrant visa all doing in Guangzhou consulate, so IV application would affect too

They give a number u can call 4006281282。

sorry for my poor English, but i think it's better than the GOOGLE translate

as the new i read about the new building, it's bigger, and divided different area...and won't like how it is now just hundred people in same floor since they move in 2005 long time ago. I don't know bigger means they would open more windows for IV or not....consider more and more people apply for that...they really under pressure....

compare with US for 30 days request wating, 3 days for they reply me, i really happy with China

Rob.....come to China!!!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

ya, i'm not gonna rely on mcdvisa for this info.

they be one of the vulture companies on the first floor at Tian He.

any luck with calling USCIS Guangzhou ?

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

sure la - tis 9:25 AM in Guangzhou at the moment. Be nice, O Rachel ;)

Use the exact 2 questions, in the exact order, report back..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Both the Adoptions Unit and the American Citizen Services have notices posted that they ARE moving the week of July 15, and will re-open on July 22 or 24 at the new location. These units are located on the 5th floor on either side of the visa units.

Like Darnell is saying, though, no explicit word either from or about the visa units (IV and NIV) themselves, except that they are not accepting appointments after July 12.

. . . and only two weeks before the move.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.