StupidJourney

Eating on Thanksgiving

59 posts in this topic

. When I told her we wanted to move to Houston, TX ..

Oh let me know....you are going to love Phoenicia's http://www.phoeniciafoods.com/

are you in TEXAS???? we were just there last week scoping out the area!!! We're gonna have to get together the next time we go there!!!!

In Houston too I can't believe it!!!! drats. Well next time (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh let me know....you are going to love Phoenicia's http://www.phoeniciafoods.com/

are you in TEXAS???? we were just there last week scoping out the area!!! We're gonna have to get together the next time we go there!!!!

I may be wrong but I think we were in the southeast part...??? the subdivision was called "the gardens" and the one just before that was called "the trails"... it was on beechnut street...familiar???

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I may be wrong but I think we were in the southeast part...??? the subdivision was called "the gardens" and the one just before that was called "the trails"... it was on beechnut street...familiar???

Yes, but thinking you mean southwest and I am not sure how far out from the center of town you were. Inside the loop or not. I think you were outside. Do you have friends or family here?

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Yes, but thinking you mean southwest and I am not sure how far out from the center of town you were. Inside the loop or not. I think you were outside. Do you have friends or family here?

friends of my husband...many of them.... I was thinking it was on the inside loop...entering from oklahoma, we passed the 6 story overpasses and passed downtown... its not far from the intercontinental college (maybe 15 minutes)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm in texas too, but not the concrete jungle known as houston. will probably be making the 3 hour drive there from san antonio to pick up hamid, though! I want to be there for his POE, and am not up for flying to JFK or somewhere else!

timeline doesn't matter.

i'm in texas too, but not the concrete jungle known as houston. will probably be making the 3 hour drive there from san antonio to pick up hamid, though! I want to be there for his POE, and am not up for flying to JFK or somewhere else!

ok...is there anybody else from Texas that kept this information secret from me until I got back to Missouri :crying::lol: We are seriously going to have to meet when I move there!!! I'll invite you both over to the new house!! how's that sound?? will you come?

Interview-December 2005

ok...is there anybody else from Texas that kept this information secret from me until I got back to Missouri :crying::lol: We are seriously going to have to meet when I move there!!! I'll invite you both over to the new house!! how's that sound?? will you come?

Not only will I come, but I will bring the real chocolate that everyone is fighting over in the other thread!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

ok, you're definitely invited then! I expect some kickin chocolate too! We are planning to move after this school year is over (i have a 2nd grader) and I don't wanna uproot him in the middle of a year...that's so hard on kids sometimes... So lets plan for may or june :)

Interview-December 2005

ok, you're definitely invited then! I expect some kickin chocolate too! We are planning to move after this school year is over (i have a 2nd grader) and I don't wanna uproot him in the middle of a year...that's so hard on kids sometimes... So lets plan for may or june :)

Seriously, we have a place in town called the Chocolate bar. They make the best chocolate on site, as good as any european chocolate I have ever had. Killer homemade ice cream and desserts. During girl scout cookie month they make Girl Scout mint cookie ice cream...yummy

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Seriously, we have a place in town called the Chocolate bar. They make the best chocolate on site, as good as any european chocolate I have ever had. Killer homemade ice cream and desserts. During girl scout cookie month they make Girl Scout mint cookie ice cream...yummy

*tongue dragging floor*...*droolz*...*girl scout mint cookies*...*chocolate*...*desserts*...*faints and falls to ground due to thinking of too many wonderful things at once*

Interview-December 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm pulling for the turkey!

eatpork.jpg

i'm eating the turkey!!! :lol::yes:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have a question about what a Muslim can and cannot eat on Thanksgiving.

If the stuffing is made with pork, can the outside meat of the turkey still be eaten?

Also, what are your views about non-alcoholic beer? Hamid seems to think it's a slippery slope that will lead to drinking the real thing, so should be avoided also.

Any thoughts on this would be great!

Thanks!

I think because the pork was cooked with the turkey that it would not be okay to eat it. My family used to put bacon in the stuffing (in the turkey). When I got married my mom altered the recipe to turkey bacon. It tastes delicious!

-C :luv:

or you can do what I did with my family...I had been respecting my husbands religion by not eating pork for about a year before he got here. My mother and I work for the same company ...this company goes out for lunch every day. Each time they go somewhere that has a special on pork..my mom asks me why I don't get it. I tell her that since I stayed away from it for so long...it now upsets my stomach really bad (which isn't really a lie...I tried it once about a year ago and I thought I was gonna die.....haven't even thought about it since)..That seems to satisfy her and everyone else at work...maybe you could try that approach??

your mom does that too? we ate lunch at a restaurant recently, and she kept saying, "TRY MY PORK TRY MY PORK." And when she finally got the point that I didn't want it, she asked me if I was converting. I said, "I don't know." her response, "just don't tell your father." since when was religion something I should feel the need to hide? :wacko: (my dad's extremely catholic - i guess it comes from attending mass every day, sunday - friday from birth to 18) oh and then my mom's always offering to make me bacon and eggs. :blink:

ohhhhhhhhhh yeah my mom is the worst ...I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING THOUGH...We have been at her house before and she has made supper with the main dish being pork. Even if I'm starving, I pass it up and she gets a bit perturbed. She says...your husband cant eat it..but you can, you're not Muslim. When I told her we wanted to move to Houston, TX .. she said..that is fine but please PLEASE don't become Muslim.... I spend a lot of time slowly explaining to her the similarities between Islam and Christianity in the hopes that one day she will be ready to accept my choice of religion. I AM glad that she tries to do things for him..(such as the alternative for pork stuffing for turkey) alhamdulillah for that! At least I can safely say that pork doesn't settle well and it satisfies her for the time being....

Wow. I never realized how lucky I have it with my parents. My family loves my husband and doesn't care in the least bit that he is Muslim. It was never a big, big adjustment for them. My younger sister has only dated Palestinian men. Go figure.

The people who have the most problems with my marriage are my in-laws. :crying: Should be a fun time in Morocco this summer.

Edited by browneyez40

I have a question about what a Muslim can and cannot eat on Thanksgiving.

If the stuffing is made with pork, can the outside meat of the turkey still be eaten?

Also, what are your views about non-alcoholic beer? Hamid seems to think it's a slippery slope that will lead to drinking the real thing, so should be avoided also.

Any thoughts on this would be great!

Thanks!

I think because the pork was cooked with the turkey that it would not be okay to eat it. My family used to put bacon in the stuffing (in the turkey). When I got married my mom altered the recipe to turkey bacon. It tastes delicious!

-C :luv:

or you can do what I did with my family...I had been respecting my husbands religion by not eating pork for about a year before he got here. My mother and I work for the same company ...this company goes out for lunch every day. Each time they go somewhere that has a special on pork..my mom asks me why I don't get it. I tell her that since I stayed away from it for so long...it now upsets my stomach really bad (which isn't really a lie...I tried it once about a year ago and I thought I was gonna die.....haven't even thought about it since)..That seems to satisfy her and everyone else at work...maybe you could try that approach??

your mom does that too? we ate lunch at a restaurant recently, and she kept saying, "TRY MY PORK TRY MY PORK." And when she finally got the point that I didn't want it, she asked me if I was converting. I said, "I don't know." her response, "just don't tell your father." since when was religion something I should feel the need to hide? :wacko: (my dad's extremely catholic - i guess it comes from attending mass every day, sunday - friday from birth to 18) oh and then my mom's always offering to make me bacon and eggs. :blink:

ohhhhhhhhhh yeah my mom is the worst ...I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING THOUGH...We have been at her house before and she has made supper with the main dish being pork. Even if I'm starving, I pass it up and she gets a bit perturbed. She says...your husband cant eat it..but you can, you're not Muslim. When I told her we wanted to move to Houston, TX .. she said..that is fine but please PLEASE don't become Muslim.... I spend a lot of time slowly explaining to her the similarities between Islam and Christianity in the hopes that one day she will be ready to accept my choice of religion. I AM glad that she tries to do things for him..(such as the alternative for pork stuffing for turkey) alhamdulillah for that! At least I can safely say that pork doesn't settle well and it satisfies her for the time being....

Wow. I never realized how lucky I have it with my parents. My family loves my husband and doesn't care in the least bit that he is Muslim. It was never a big, big adjustment for them. My younger sister has only dated Palestinian men. Go figure.

The people who have the most problems with my marriage are my in-laws. :crying: Should be a fun time in Morocco this summer.

My parents don't really have a problem with him being Muslim.....they just don't want me to convert and for dang sure don't want me to allow my son to become Muslim. Deep down inside them, they want me to convert my husband to Christianity... I just don't have the heart to tell them the truth right now. You are really lucky your family is ok with it. Keep yer chin up when in Morocco. I'm sure they'll grow to accept your marriage :) enshallah

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.