I 130 (IR 5)..,parent

66 posts in this topic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear myimmhelp:

Your case is similar to mine. I have filed for my mom on Dec. 7, 2012. I received my NOA with MSC #. By February 5, 2013 I went to the USCIS website and changed my mailing address. I got email confirming that the mailing address was changed as requested. After that I had to do the long wait as well. I didn't hear anything since then. I was getting impatient until on May 29, 2013 I got a text message and an e-mail from USCIS stating that my case was APPROVED! and has been transferred to NVC. Three days later, June 1, 2013, I received the approval letter from the National Benefit Center. Now I'm just waiting for the NVC to contact me and provide me with a visa case number. I would suggest that you be patient just a little bit more. I don't know where you filed your I-130 but note that each service center is different when it comes to the speed they process cases. But I'd definitely believe that you will hear from them this June and what not.

BenM

Was this for your parents . I send my application to AZ lockbox and that's it

I called up USCIS in between and they told me that your application is with your local office . I did not get the message on line that your Case is transferred to your local office ........ And then on wards the wait continue

I am 6 months with USCIS today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

BenM- most people here on VJ don't wait on NVC to 'send them something' - they , instead, use a telephone to kick-start the process.

Study Lingche in the wiki - the steps are exactly the same for a parent.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

why? it's already here ! hit the wiki, then in the wiki search box on the left side, enter 'LingChe' and go forth.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my I-179, NOA2/approval notice last april 5, 2013, 60 days after they received it.....until now NVC never received the approved petition from NBS..........i was informed by ncsc that the transfer time frame of an approved petition (IR Category) from National Benefits Services (NBS) to National Visa Center (NVC) is 90 days....so sad, so the caption on the I-797 that NBS had sent it to NVC is a big fat no,....the transfer process before was maximum of 14 days.

@Darnell thanks for the heads up! @myimmhelp Yes, the petition was for my mom. My petition was filed at the Chicago Lock box. Approval letter came from Missouri. Arizona is probably slower. But also it depends on how many cases they have to process. Some service center receive more applications than other while some service centers might have more immigration officers than other.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The same as me!

I applied january 5 2013 and till now i dont hear anything about it. They just send me reciept lnowing that they received the payment..

But then we ask a congressman foe help and the secretary told us that our papers is waitng for a sign from the local government here in fairfax va. They said call them again (congressman) if i dont hear anything about it before end of june. And we cant check the status online with the "msc" receipt.

Is this normal waitng to long just for sign? Is that "sign" is about approving ones petition!? Or denying it. Im so clueless with this process.

Fyi. I heared from them that uscis is backlog... And thats an "oh no!" For us waitng in vain.

Timeline

What should be the next steps after recieving the MSC # RECEIPT!?

Great question ! Since yer a k-1 visa chaser with final interview in the RoP - there's 2 things you need to do:

1. study the K-1 flowchart in the Guides Section here and

2. Find Hank_ 's handy-dandy neeto-keen (yet spiffy) Guide to SuperFast K-1 Visa Processing at Manila IV.

Good Luck, and thanks for the thread hijaak !

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great question ! Since yer a k-1 visa chaser with final interview in the RoP - there's 2 things you need to do:

1. study the K-1 flowchart in the Guides Section here and

2. Find Hank_ 's handy-dandy neeto-keen (yet spiffy) Guide to SuperFast K-1 Visa Processing at Manila IV.

Good Luck, and thanks for the thread hijaak !

Im not k1 visa.

Im a us citizen petitioning my parents.

Timeline

ok - that's weird - when i replied to yer thing, you were listed as a k-1 visa .

now yer listed as an I-1 visa.

I still refer you to the guides, however - we've a section for petitioner for parents.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I RECEIVED MY NOA2/ ON 4/12/2013 DATED 4/5/2013 60 DAYS AFTER I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM NVC STATING THAT THEY RECEIVED THE VISA PETITION FROM USCIS, NOW IS ANOTHER WAITING GAME WHEN WILL NVC START SENDING THE DS-3032, AOS FEE BILL, IV FEE BILL AND OTHER REQUIRED DOS TO BE SUBMITTED BACK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.