Mr. Big Dog

Obama disses MArine - Impeach him NOW!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That's it. That does it for me. Impeach the usurper NOW!

4 hours ago To salute or not? Obama's handshake sparks debate
politicalmugshot.jpg?w=30
Posted by

CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Fans of "The West Wing" remember well the fake President Josiah Bartlett's advice when boarding the presidential helicopter, Marine One: duck.

He might easily have offered this advice as well: salute.

Those who closely watch the president's every step and gesture noticed Friday he didn't salute the Marine standing guard at the foot of the chopper's stairs. After boarding and then shaking hands with the pilots, he quickly exited the chopper, and offered a handshake to the Marine at the steps, then returned for the short ride to Annapolis, Maryland for the United States Naval Academy commencement.

It's become tradition for presidents to salute the military officers he encounters when boarding the official helicopter, a tradition which is widely understood as begun by President Ronald Reagan in 1981.

But to not salute is not a break in protocol or a violation of any rule.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He's broken the camels back on this one! I don't want my freakin hand shake POTUS! I want my salute...even if you're not wearing a uniform or nor have a cover on your head!

I never got this violation of USMC decorum anyway.

The whole saluting the Marines by the president is relatively new. I believe it was started with Reagan in 1981 when Reagan asked the Sgt Major of the USMC if he could salute the Marine's without a uniform or cover and somehow this was allowed.

I only know this because we stood parade for Regan in 1981 when he visited Pendleton and we were informed that we were to return his salute if he did approach us. Since most of us despised him for cutting our miniscule pay it was a point of contention.

If my memory is correct, before Ronald Reagan Marines saluted the president, but didn't wait for the return of his salute, because he's not an officer. Since I didn't serve in the Marine Security Guard Battalion, which guards the White House and Air force One. I'm not positive of the history of this tradition.

So my suggestion is do away with the whole salute by the president idea, because It's a farce as far as I'm concerned. If not, make the president an officer and give him a uniform dang it! (But send him to bootcamp first...lol)

Oooorah....

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

obama-as-dictator-in-uniform.jpeg?w=610

Much better...approved...and the GOP heads would implode.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

That's it. That does it for me. Impeach the usurper NOW!

seems like much to do about nothing, especially for someone not in the military and not having that engrained in them . I have forgotten to salute before, not paying attention, daydreaming or for whatever reason.

Seems like he was per-occupied and then when he caught it,, he was like "SH**"" then did what was natural being a civilian politician.

I see, they've gotten to you as well. Everyone's afraid of the IRS now.

No I just call them like I see them. I defend people that are right and condemn people that are wrong, without regard to ideologies. It was obvious in the picture he had an "aw shat" moment, and when back outside to rectify it. He was thinking salute,shake hands ? Civilians just don't go thru the training and it is not second nature to them. I think going back outside was an obvious attempt to fix it when re realized he had forgot to acknowledge the marine.

The umbrella thing... Now that was just plain Piss poor leadership

Filed: Timeline

No I just call them like I see them. I defend people that are right and condemn people that are wrong, without regard to ideologies. It was obvious in the picture he had an "aw shat" moment, and when back outside to rectify it. He was thinking salute,shake hands ? Civilians just don't go thru the training and it is not second nature to them. I think going back outside was an obvious attempt to fix it when re realized he had forgot to acknowledge the marine.

Keep making apologies for The Kenyan. It's pathetic how scared you are of the IRS.