ConGau1981

About I-134.....How many years of proof can I send?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have not yet submitted the I-129f yet but I am just thinking ahead to the I-134. Is there such a thing as too much information? I have 8 years of tax returns and 7 years of W-2 forms and I have all my paystubs for 11 years of employment with the same company, and I have 16 months of bank statements. I meet the income requirements so I will leave the real estate section blank. I am just wondering how much info will they need. Is it necessary to send them everything? How many years back will they need?

Edited by ConGau1981

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have not yet submitted the I-129f yet but I am just thinking ahead to the I-134. Is there such a thing as too much information? I have 8 years of tax returns and 7 years of W-2 forms and I have all my paystubs for 11 years of employment with the same company, and I have 16 months of bank statements. I meet the income requirements so I will leave the real estate section blank. I am just wondering how much info will they need. Is it necessary to send them everything? How many years back will they need?

Definitely not necessary to send all of that stuff. Send the last 3 years tax returns and W2s, two most recent paystubs and perhaps the last 6 months worth of bank statements (not really a form of verification - though a letter from your banking institution detailing how much is in your account and pattern of withdrawals/deposits is preferred if you can get it). If you can get a letter from your employed stating your job title, your salary, your start date with the company and whether or not the position is permanent then that is another great piece of evidence.

Don't send 11 years worth of stuff though - they won't look at that. And, unless I'm mistaken about Vietnam, you will not actually send the forms so much as the beneficiary will bring them and supporting documents to the interview.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Definitely not necessary to send all of that stuff. Send the last 3 years tax returns and W2s, two most recent paystubs and perhaps the last 6 months worth of bank statements (not really a form of verification - though a letter from your banking institution detailing how much is in your account and pattern of withdrawals/deposits is preferred if you can get it). If you can get a letter from your employed stating your job title, your salary, your start date with the company and whether or not the position is permanent then that is another great piece of evidence.

Don't send 11 years worth of stuff though - they won't look at that. And, unless I'm mistaken about Vietnam, you will not actually send the forms so much as the beneficiary will bring them and supporting documents to the interview.

Thanks...you are right. I am going to send the I-134 to my fiance and not to the embassy. I will see if I can get some sort of letter...I think I have plenty of other evidence though

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.