Alyssa&Craig

Vaccinations

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This may be a silly question to ask....

My fiance lives in Northern ireland and from my understanding he will have to travel to London for his interview and Medical exam. I was also told that getting the necessary vaccinations there will cost far more than if he got them from his regular physician. My question is can he find out what he needs and get them from his physician or does he have to wait until we have a case number and go through the list of doctors he's given?

event.pngevent.png

Not sure if London is same as Philippines but the medical exam in Philippines (At St Luke's Hospital) includes all required immunizations. There was no additional cost for immunizations required. My wife never had an immunization in her life, all that she needed were included and given at her medical exam. I almost blew this by having her get like 12 immunizations before her medical exam. That would have cost lots of money and she would have had many unnecessary immunizations. But thanks to fellow VJ'ers we avoided that additional expense. In Philippines if you provide detailed and legitimate immunization records you may not have to have the immunizations you can prove you have had. My spouse had no such records so St Luke's decided which ones she needed (i think it ended up being 4 or 5) based on her age, etc... Just depends on the medical facility where he will have his medical exam. Aloha and God speed!

Timeline

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

Here is a link to to London Embassy's site that shows all necessary vaccinations. As far as I know your fiance' has to get a list from his Primary Care Physician before going to his medical so if he can get his vaccinations beforehand it would save him a step. Hope this helps!

~You to me are everything; the sweetest song that I could sing.~

Timeline

Not sure if London is same as Philippines but the medical exam in Philippines (At St Luke's Hospital) includes all required immunizations. There was no additional cost for immunizations required. My wife never had an immunization in her life, all that she needed were included and given at her medical exam. I almost blew this by having her get like 12 immunizations before her medical exam. That would have cost lots of money and she would have had many unnecessary immunizations. But thanks to fellow VJ'ers we avoided that additional expense. In Philippines if you provide detailed and legitimate immunization records you may not have to have the immunizations you can prove you have had. My spouse had no such records so St Luke's decided which ones she needed (i think it ended up being 4 or 5) based on her age, etc... Just depends on the medical facility where he will have his medical exam. Aloha and God speed!

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

Here is a link to to London Embassy's site that shows all necessary vaccinations. As far as I know your fiance' has to get a list from his Primary Care Physician before going to his medical so if he can get his vaccinations beforehand it would save him a step. Hope this helps!

Thank you both for your answers...Great help idea9dv.gif

event.pngevent.png

He is your fiance? In that case immunizations ARE NOT REQUIRED before leaving for US. He will be required to get all required immunizations once in the US before AOS. So I guess if you look at the price list on page 6 you can determine if it is cheaper for him to get the immunizations before the medical exam. But then again he does not have to get them coming in as a fiance. Good luck!

This may be a silly question to ask....

My fiance lives in Northern ireland and from my understanding he will have to travel to London for his interview and Medical exam. I was also told that getting the necessary vaccinations there will cost far more than if he got them from his regular physician. My question is can he find out what he needs and get them from his physician or does he have to wait until we have a case number and go through the list of doctors he's given?

Read the first post in this thread. It lists the shots and answers your question and addresses why you should not wait u til getting to the US. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

The embassy vaccination chart is not up to date. The one in the bottom right corner of that medical page you were given. A few changes have been made that they didn't update, namely HPV, Zoster, and Influenza.

London is not like the Philippines. Shots are not included.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Read the first post in this thread. It lists the shots and answers your question and addresses why you should not wait u til getting to the US. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

The embassy vaccination chart is not up to date. The one in the bottom right corner of that medical page you were given. A few changes have been made that they didn't update, namely HPV, Zoster, and Influenza.

London is not like the Philippines. Shots are not included.

Thank you so much...thats a great thread

event.pngevent.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.