thirdtimeacharm

Long Wait RE: Visa Appointment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone !! My fiance just learned that her Visa appointment is on July 09 but she will be taking Medical on May 23 . Is this normal to wait for so long to get appointment date after Medical ......... Thanks ........... Terry

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What do you mean your fiancée "just learned" about her appointment? The beneficiary schedules their own appointment with the K-1 visa. Who scheduled the interview?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My fiance did the scheduling and the best I could understand from what she told me that July 09 is the earliest date ........ Thanks ....Terry

What do you mean your fiancée "just learned" about her appointment? The beneficiary schedules their own appointment with the K-1 visa. Who scheduled the interview?

Timeline

Really!? Wow! The slots fill up fast, I had read last week a couple posts showing a bunch of May and June openings.

Just remember the visa validity date is tied to the medical, so if she does the medical now and the interview is in July the visa will only be good for about 4 months.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes Hank ...this is what I am told . It just seems like a long time even though I know we are not the only couple wanting to get in for the K - 1 Visa Interview ....still just seems like a very long time ......Thanks .....Terry

Timeline

Well it could be true as I was scanning a few posts and there is a recent one about all of the June openings are gone. Must of been a bunch of petitions approved recently ...

That is a little over a month away, which is about how far out we scheduled the interview ... not too much more waiting.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone !! My fiance just learned that her Visa appointment is on July 09 but she will be taking Medical on May 23 . Is this normal to wait for so long to get appointment date after Medical ......... Thanks ........... Terry

Just look at the brighter side of it. Your fiancee will have more time to prepare all necessary documents and ready herself for the interview. You may also have time to read some posts here reagrding interview experiences. Goodluck! :-)

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/24/19 

Receipt notice - 07/24/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/26/19

Biometrics - 08/12/19

Interview notice - 11/22/19

Interview - 01/02/20

Oath Notice - 01/07/20

Oathtaking - 01/22/20 

Estimated Completion Time: May 2020 (10 months from date applied :clock:)

COMPLETED 4 MONTHS EARLIER!!!! :dance: :dance:

US Passport Timeline for myself and my daughter (derivative):

Applied at our local USPS - 02/15/2020

US DoS Received application - 02/19/2020

Online Status (In Process)

Application Status (Approved) - 03/03/2020

Application Status (Shipped) - 03/03/2020

Received both passports - 03/05/2020

IF YOU HAVE DERIVATIVE/S, YOU CAN APPLY FOR PASSPORTS AT THE SAME TIME AT THE POST OFFICE USING JUST 1 ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE!!!

I-130 Petition for Parents Timeline IR-5:

Applied online - 01/24/2020 (Priority Date 01/24/2020)

NOA1 - 01/24/2020 (IOE******* and was assigned Potomac Service Center current processing time 7.5 - 9.5)

Touched - 01/28/2020; Touched - 02/15/2020

Status Changed for Dad’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/15/2021

Status Changed for Mom’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/19/2021

NOA2 - Dad’s - 01/19/2021         Mom’s - 01/20/2021

NVC Received - Dad’s - 01/22/2021 MNL*** assigned       Mom's - 01/23/2021 MNL*** assigned

AOS Bill - Paid 1 AOS for 2 related cases 01/23/2021 (ceac shows in process) 01/27/2021 (ceac shows PAID) ($120)

Complete I-864ez form -  01/30/2021

Pay IV Bill - 01/28/2021 for both (in process) ($325 each) showed PAID 01/29/2021

Submit Civil Documents -uploaded on 01/31/2021

Case Completed at NVC - both parents DQ'd 04/06/2021

Expedite Request - 09/03/2021 Expedite Under Review -10/21/2021 Expedite Approved - 10/25/2021 Swab RT-PCR 12/26/2021Medical clear 1 day 12/28/2021 Interview Appointment Date thru CGI 03/07/2022 passed Visa on Hand  03/10/2022 PDOS CFO 03/15/2022 Paid Green Cards 04/04/2022 POE 04/18/2022(Chicago O’Hare)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.