slowlyman

Proof of relationship - I don;t have much

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm working on Packet 3.

For proof of relationship, I only have my passport stamps and pics of us together. I don;t have bus or air tickets. No chat logs. No phone logs.

Will the pics be enough? Anything I'm forgetting?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about cards, letters? Any type of phone bills? If you used a calling card, do they offer call log reports?

Good luck to both of you.

00ce7153ce.png

K1

April 9, 2013 - I129F Sent

April 15, 2013 - NOA1

July 19, 2013 - NOA2

August 13, 2013 - MNL Number Received

September 24, 2013 - Physical Passed

October 22, 2013 - Interview Date - Visa Approved

November 11, 2013 - Visa Received

December 2, 2013 - Arrived in the US

December 30, 2013 - Our Wedding Day

February 7, 2014 - AOS Filed

March 4,2014 - NOA Received for AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm working on Packet 3.

For proof of relationship, I only have my passport stamps and pics of us together. I don;t have bus or air tickets. No chat logs. No phone logs.

Will the pics be enough? Anything I'm forgetting?

Back when I went through this my wife showed them copies of my passports with probably 100 entry/exit stamps into and out of Thailand and 3 or 4 photos of us together. They said not good enough. They said that I only meant I lived in Thailand, not that I lived with my wife. They wanted pictures of us together.

Point being back in 2009 they seemed to care about photos more than anything else. There was a real jerk-off working at the embassy at that time. He was giving everyone a hard time back then. He's no longer there. Probably best to look at some of the recent consulate reviews to see what they have been asking for. You can find them here:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Thailand

Here's mine if your interested:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=4078

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, I guess at the end of the day this is all we have. If they ask for more evidence, I guess we will deal with it then.

I've got good photos of the two of us at landmarks and with her daughter, mother, brother, etc. I hope it's enough. I just don;t want to screw the pooch at this point.

Edited by slowlyman

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I'm not sure how hard Thailand is. Maybe asking over in the country specific forums, you can get a better grasp of people's experience.

How many pictures do you have? How long does it span over? etc etc.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: Timeline

This might be of some reassurance, but in Mongolia, at least, they accept receipts or other evidence of buying calling cards. I think even if you hear that calling cards don't count, you should use whatever calling card records you have, since the fact that you have regular communication is key.

Personally, I submitted Google Voice records, and so far it seems that they are acceptable.

What would Xenu do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.