Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

taveling to PI green card card expiring!

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi! so my daughters interview will be on june 5,shes 12 and im going back to PI to help her with her paper work and stuff,and come back to the states with her.My 2 years green card will expire this sept. will it be ok for me to go Philippines and come back in the states for month and renew my greencard??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What you will do is file Removal of Conditions. Read the GUIDES at the top of this page.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

we send it last feb and they sent it back to me,said i have to resend it again 90days before it expire,i know about that, but will it be ok to travel to phil.even though my green card expires on sept??its still May now,and im flying back to PI this May 26 for my daughtes interview,will i encounter problem coming back to the state?? coz ill be in PI until June 26....i just wanna know if its ok to travel?????

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't be. GC is still valid.

January 15, 2012 met on line

April 18, 2012 met in person in Cebu

April 20, 2012 proposed

May 28, 2012 filed K1

June 6, 2012 received email K1 accepted.

August 28, 2012 NOA2 approved!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 went back for vist number 2

Had a wonderful time!

Interview set for November 6

Flying out November 3 to be together

Arrived November 4

November 6, 2013 interview and approved

November 14, 2013 picked up visa!

November 29, 2013 arrived in Anchorage

November 30, 2013 applied for marriage license

December 15, 2013 civil wedding

February 16, 2013 AOS filed

February 23, 2013 NOA 1 reviewed

April 4, 2013 Biometric appointment

May 9, 2013 AOS intervie

May 9, 2013 Approved ap, ead and green card

May 18, 2013 received Green Card, EAD and AP in mail

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot find anything on USICS website about expiration and date limitations on re-entry with Green Card. Seeing as you cannot even start your documents for new green card until July then you should have no issues. I know most countries will not allow a person to enter if their passport expires in less than 6 months. Your situation is different having a valid GC. Just have all of your information i.e marriage certificate banking etc just in case you get a newbe at POE that does not understand the laws.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.