mirrow77

IR 5 (Mother) in AP - Kingston, Jamaica

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi need some help and information.

I am a USC and I petition for my mother in June 2012. She had her interview on April 8, 2013. At the interview she was asked a few questions like how I got here, if she raised me, etc. At the end the CO said that it looks like I can take care of her and everything looks good. the CO then told her she should be getting back her passport within 5 to 10 days. She also got a piece of paper telling her how to sign up for the DHL delivery and also another blue card with some numbers on it. She said she is not sure what that card is for...does anyone know what that blue card is for? I signed up on the website for the DHL delivery that same day and waited. After 15 working days had passed and nothing I sent and email to the Embassy in Kingston to find out why there was a delay and this is what their response was:

Good day:

Unfortunately, your mother’s case is undergoing temporary administrative processing which is not yet complete. We will deliver the visa to DHL when the processing is complete.

I didn't hear anything and so I emailed them again 1 weeks later letting them know I was following up and if they had any idea of how long this would take and if there was anything we could do to expedite the process. And this was their response:

Good day:

Unfortunately, we cannot estimate the length of time the administrative review will take. Please be assured that we will contact her when the review is complete.

I don't know what to do now as my mother is really stressed out - her blood pressure is now sky high and she has to be living on double her medication dosage...plus I am stressed out as well because I don't understand what is going on...has anyone ever had this experience? This is my mother we are talking about not someone I met online and had a relationship with, which makes it even harder for me to understand why there is a delay...they can't say there is any fraud as she gave birth to me...plus she is an old woman so I don't see what reason they would have to do such a long administrative processing. Plus, I migrated here legally (through my ex-husband), never been in trouble with the law, neither has she, and I have a very good job which pays me enought to more than take care of her.

It's now 6 full weeks from the date of her interview and I called and email my congressman who will also be opening a case with USCIS. I also have been checking on CEAC and it has been in READY status since we received the letter for the interview. Interview has been completed and it is still saying "READY". I called DOS and was told that her case is in AP, same info as I got from the consulate. I emailed them again today so I will see what they say if they respond this time.

I don't want my mother to die before she gets a chance to come here and have some good times with me and her grand kids.

I just need some feedback on experiences anyone on here has had with filing for their parents.

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry too hear this from what I have read on VJ the AP process can be 1 week, 1 month or longer. You will just have to wait and pray that it moves faster. I have read lots of people that have been approved at the interview, only to find out that they were placed on AP, they are just double checking your paperwork.

Good Luck and TRY to rest easy,

01/06/2012- Married My best friend

05/09/2012- Mailed I-130 via Fed Ex

5/10/2012- I-130 has been received & Signed for at the Chicago lockbox at 10:23 am

05/14/2012- Received NOA1 via Text Message

05/17/2012- Received NOA1 via Snail Mail(Postmarked 5/15/2012)

07/27/2012- 9:36 am Received NOA2 via text message (thought it was a dream)

07/30/2012- Started calling the NVC to see if case has been received

08/02/2012 -Called NVC- Rep told me that NVC Received Package 07/30/2012 (Still no case# assigned)

08/16/2012 -Called NVC- Information has been entered and received my case number (Yahooo)

08/24/2012- AOS Bill invoiced and paid

08/30/2012- Emailed the DS-3023

09/05/2012- Sent AOS (Affidavit of support) packet via Fed Ex (overnight)

09/06/2012- AOS Packet received

09/11/2012- Received email notification that the DS-3023 (Choice of Agent) has been accepted

09/13/2012- Received IV Bill

09/13/2012- Paid IV Bill

09/17/2012- IV marked as paid

09/17/2012- Sent IV Package (DS-230) via Fed Ex

09/18/2012- IV Package Received

09/18/2012- AOS Packet Accepted

09/25/2012- Called NVC and found out I have an RFE

09/26/2012- Received RFE via EMAIL

10/01/2012- Sent original divorce documentation (RFE) via Fed Ex overnight

10/15/2012- CASE COMPLETE (Yahoooooooooooo)

10/23/2012- Case complete email received..

11/02/2012- Called DOS and received interview date

11/05/2012- Received email with check list and appointment date

11/20/2012- Medical Completed

12/03/2012- Interview Scheduled

12/24/2012- Entered the USA and got to MN at 12:08 am on 12/25/2012 Merry X-Mas to us

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks SweetieOne.

I can say that the embassy in Jamaica have been on top of emailing me back when I email them. I email them today and just got a response back. Here is what they said:

Good day:

Unfortunately, the administrative processing being done in Ms. ******** case is not yet complete. We realize this extended time period may cause frustration, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is often to reunite families. Nonetheless Embassy Kingston, like all U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. Please be assured we will do all we can to see that the visa is processed as soon as the administrative processing of the application has been completed.

So I guess as of now...it appears that there is nothing we can do or that is required from us so we just have to hang tight and let them do their jobs. It's just so frustrating...this wait!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand your pain,my husband and stepdaughter interview was march 25,he just get his visa last week after abt 50+ email,nw my step daughter his still in AP.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm happy that your mom got her visa approved even though it's not yet in her hands, so what i would say is to wait until the embassy complete what they told you they are doing and try not to stress so much because it's better to know she will recieve it soon than not getting it non at all, we all know what frustration is especially when separated from our family/loveones.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks SweetieOne.

I can say that the embassy in Jamaica have been on top of emailing me back when I email them. I email them today and just got a response back. Here is what they said:

Good day:

Unfortunately, the administrative processing being done in Ms. ******** case is not yet complete. We realize this extended time period may cause frustration, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is often to reunite families. Nonetheless Embassy Kingston, like all U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. Please be assured we will do all we can to see that the visa is processed as soon as the administrative processing of the application has been completed.

So I guess as of now...it appears that there is nothing we can do or that is required from us so we just have to hang tight and let them do their jobs. It's just so frustrating...this wait!!!

UNFORTUNATELY - THERE IS NOTHING YOU OR ANY COUNCIL MAN CAN DO

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

they can't say there is any fraud as she gave birth to me...plus she is an old woman so I don't see what reason they would have to do such a long administrative processing. Plus, I

YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION... THEY ARE REVIEWING THE CASE TO MAKE CERTAIN THAT SHE WILL NOT BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE... YOU CONFIRMED SHE'S ALREADY ON MULTIPLE MEDICATIONS . THEY LOOK INTO THESE THINGS. I HOPE THIS ENDS SOON.

ALL THE BEST

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.