7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys my uncle in cosponsoring my fiance in bogota, what should he put in relationship to sponsor? Nephews fiance? 2. Since i dont make enough money at the end do i put do or dont intend 3. What is that line for about the signature on the right side? Initials?

Filed: Timeline

you need to fill up fom I-134

don't answer/or mark anything only put this : N/A (K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)

just leave that line blank.

here's the VJ example form how to fill up the form I-134.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

for your uncle he need to fill up form I-864 for co-sponsor.

goodluck!!!!

Edited by Fight for Love

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys my uncle in cosponsoring my fiance in bogota, what should he put in relationship to sponsor? Nephews fiance? 2. Since i dont make enough money at the end do i put do or dont intend 3. What is that line for about the signature on the right side? Initials?

I could be wrong, but my lawyer instructed me to put the I-134 with all my information. My parents are also helping us, as we'd be staying with them at first, but for example salary and all of that stuff was mine. I would assume that Nephew's Fiancé is fine, but again I'd look into this because I was told if family is going to help sponsor that should be put on the 1 864 when filing the AOS, but that the I-134 has to be all financials from the petitioner. If your uncle was the petitioner it would be different. Not sure if that works since you're the petitioner. You need to put that you do intend, as immigration may then see your fiancé as a liability if you don't end up getting married. If you have a job I recommend putting all of your own information and then having your uncle write a co-sponser letter or something, explaining the situation. Hopefully someone else has had a similar situation and can help you a little more. oh and the line I left blank, I only signed and put the date where they asked for the signature and that was fine. you can always initial if you like too. Best of luck.

Timeline

I sware every single time i hear a new form. Uscis neever mentioned 1864 , this is getting aggravating

I sware every single time i hear a new form. Uscis neever mentioned 1864 , this is getting aggravating

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the 1-864 is not for you,if you file the 1-129f k-1 then you need to file the 1-134---the 1864 is a binding contract between the sponsor and the government, 1-130, the. 1-134 is simply a statement of support k-1.

Timeline

can someone please correct me and be precise.

BOTH my uncle and I file a i134. and ONLY my uncle does 1864.

Please respond with speciifics. thank you very much

by the way this is for my fiancws k1 interview in bogota

Edited by timorito

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.