21 posts in this topic

I NOA1 date was 10/18/2012 after long and hopeless wait on May 1, 2013 I got text from USCIS. I checked website, it was RFE :(( I live in Northern California, its been two weeks, I still have not gotten hardcopy of RFE yet.

Does anybody have any suggestions? What should I do? I already called National customer service and filed e-request.

It is so unfair. please help us.

I have this very same issue! I am on the same date as you, 10/18/2012. My RFE date was May 2nd. I have not seen anything in hard copy yet. In fact, when i log onto USCIS and put in my reciept number, is shows no information at all concerning our case! I have contacted USCIS twice now. The 2nd time they asked much more questions and are going to call us back in 3-5 days with more information on what is going on. It is really weird that our cases are so similar and have the same problems happening to them!

Filed: Timeline

Ive been watching all the WACs near mine .... haha multiple times a day! and some cases I see updated the same day will be approved or RFE , some cases say WAC number couldnt be found then at the end of the day will be updated to RFE or approved but there was one next to mine that said the WAC number couldnt be find ... blah blah. Then the next day they updated the WAC to a RFE.

So I can assume when they are working on WAC's they open the case file to update ..... and sometimes forget to change the status, WAC stuck in limbo until somone touches the file to update again.

I wished the goverment would hire super heros to work on our files .... or robots smile.png

Edited by foosgreg

I have this very same issue! I am on the same date as you, 10/18/2012. My RFE date was May 2nd. I have not seen anything in hard copy yet. In fact, when i log onto USCIS and put in my reciept number, is shows no information at all concerning our case! I have contacted USCIS twice now. The 2nd time they asked much more questions and are going to call us back in 3-5 days with more information on what is going on. It is really weird that our cases are so similar and have the same problems happening to them!

when you called them, did you call at 1-800-375-5283? when I called this number, the CSR did not have any information about my case. I just have her filed e-request.

When i called, they transferred me to tier 2. These people said to take the RFE with a grain of salt.. and most likely i hadn't even received an RFE. Then when i called again, they took way more information and are promising a call back. I am not sure what that all means though!

today afternoon my status was updated again. it said a rfe was mailed on 5/16/2013.... #######. how many times they have to update before they actually send it? was your status changed too?

I had sent them an incorrect copy of my divorce decree. The copy I sent wasn't signed by the judge or stamped by the court. I had the certified copy that they needed, so it was a quick turnaround.

I've found that with most people, the RFE is usually a quick fix. Sending in a copy of the entire passport or boarding passes to prove that they met within two years, or needing to write N/A on a question that they left blank, or sending in letters of intent to marry.

If you've met within the past 2 years, and are free to marry, and state that you intenf to marry, then the RFE shouldn't be anything to worry about. It adds a few weeks to the process, but that isn't a considerable amount of time. Just think about it this way, they are telling you exactly what you need for them to approve your petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.