F&R

NVC to US Embassy in Manila

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi CJ,

It's interesting how many seem to be going this route.....Have you been able to secure an interview date?

Thanks! smile.png

Yup...our interview is scheduled for Aug 8th at 7:30 am... :-)

cjmc

Timeline

Hi CJ,

It's interesting how many seem to be going this route.....Have you been able to secure an interview date?

Thanks! smile.png

I called NVC one morning really early (15 days after NOA2) ...verbally received our Case #.....my Fiancé paid the Visa fee in the Philippines the next day and was able to set the appointment for the interview on line..... that part was easy. Now to just get the medical and CFO completed...

cjmc

Edited by cjmc

Joan and I never received a packet from the embassy. We DID finally get a hard copy confirmation from NVC...but we were finished ad Joan was in Hawaii with me before we received it! Proceed per Hank's instructions and good luck!

Steve, fantastic!

Congrats to both of you :)

I called NVC one morning really early (15 days after NOA2) ...verbally received our Case #.....my Fiancé paid the Visa fee in the Philippines the next day and was able to set the appointment for the interview on line..... that part was easy. Now to just get the medical and CFO completed...

cjmc

HI Cj,

This is exactly what has been driving us nuts.....we have had our MNL case number for almost 3 weeks, and didn't know that we could already take action.

Curious now about the CFO.....is this mandatory? First time I am hearing about it actually....

Steve, fantastic!

Congrats to both of you smile.png

Salamat!

*ad=and in my post!*

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI Cj,

This is exactly what has been driving us nuts.....we have had our MNL case number for almost 3 weeks, and didn't know that we could already take action.

Curious now about the CFO.....is this mandatory? First time I am hearing about it actually....

Yup its mandatory for all exiting the Philippines, if it weren't no one would know about it... ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

HI Cj,

That is the great thing about this site and all of Hank's hard work to try and keep us informed in real time on what is going on.

Thanks again Hank and all that contribute to this great forum !!!!

cjmc

That is the great thing about this site and all of Hank's hard work to try and keep us informed in real time on what is going on.

Thanks again Hank and all that contribute to this great forum !!!!

cjmc

CJ, couldn't agree more.....

Thank you VERY much for all the valuable information. Truly appreciated :)

Tim

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi people, I am a newbie here, my fiance and I got our approval (NOA2) lat September 19 and received the hard copy last wednesday, September 25. We tried calling the NVC to get our MNL number however they said that they havent received our approved petition yet..Now, the question is, if ever we get our MNL case number verbally, we can book for an interview already right? how about the medical exam, do i have to present the hard copy of the letter from the NVC? or is it okay that I only have the case number? cause i am not sure how long will it take for my fiance to receive the letter and we want to move quickly..Thanks.

Timeline

Hi people, I am a newbie here, my fiance and I got our approval (NOA2) lat September 19 and received the hard copy last wednesday, September 25. We tried calling the NVC to get our MNL number however they said that they havent received our approved petition yet..Now, the question is, if ever we get our MNL case number verbally, we can book for an interview already right? how about the medical exam, do i have to present the hard copy of the letter from the NVC? or is it okay that I only have the case number? cause i am not sure how long will it take for my fiance to receive the letter and we want to move quickly..Thanks.

Here is the progression :

1) Call NVC to get MNL Number and after you have confirmed the Embassy has received your file ( The NVC will tell you the date it was fowarded to embassy)

after and only after you have the MNL Number; you can ......

2) Print your payment slip and make deposit at bank for embassy fee.

3) Schedule your interview; print your appointment confirmation from web page or email ( http://cgifederal.force.com/ ) (make sure they have received your file first.)

You can project the receiving date by study of this blog ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/page-88 ) This is why you need to find out from NVC what date they sent your documents out. You can use the DHL blog to get the tracking number. Then go to www.dhl.com enter the tracking number and get the date the petition was received. Remember, it is not JUST YOUR file they are receiving. It will many case file they are receiving with yours being one of them.

4) Complete your pre registration on St. Lukes web site ( www.slec.ph/us/registration/ )

5) With your MNL Number and appointment confirmation page, go to St. Lukes and take your medical.

read this blog; it's one of the best ( http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/index.html ) This young lady really put things into perspective from her point of view.

You DO NOT need to wait for the NVC letter to the petetioner or the packets from embassy to the beneficiarry to proceed with these steps.

Our documents were received on Sept. 09, 2013, I have received the NVC letter but she has received nothing from the embassy. She lives in condos with front desk that receives mail. It is manned 24 hours a day. So there is no chance that the documents were missed because of bad delivery location.

6) CFO meeting : If you go before visa issuance, she will need to go back and get stamp for visa. If you go post visa issuance, then goes only one time as they will put the stamp on the visa after the meeting. It can be done either way : pre visa issuance or post visa issuance. It's up to you.

Move forward move forward.

What you can do WITHOUT the MNL number

1) Get birth certificates ( www.ecensus.com.ph ) (Long form)

2) Get CENOMAR (Green form)

3) Prepare DS Forms

Please keep in mind that some dates are only known after receipt of another document.
For example, the USPS Form 3811. The stamped receiving date was not know until the original Form 3811 was received on 07/13/2013 1:30 p/m CST.

07/05/2013 3:07 p/m CST I-129F pouch tendered to United States Postal Service in Houston, TX
07/09/2013 UNKNWN USPS Form 3811 / Signiture Receipt Card / Stamped and Received at USCIS Dallas Lockbox *
07/09/2013 UNKNWN USCIS / WEB SITE / receives petition and mails notice
07/12/2013 UNKNWN I-129F Check Presented to bank for payment
07/12/2013 2:51 p/m CST Text Message Received / G-1145 / I-129F Form / VSC - Documents sent to VSC
07/12/2013 2:51 p/m CST Email Received Received / G-1145 / I-129F Form / VSC - Documents sent to VSC
07/12/2013 UNKNWN I-129F Check coverted to ACH Payment to USCIS DALLAS PAYMENT
07/13/2013 1:30 p/m CST USPS Form 3811 / Signiture Receipt (GREEN) Card received from USCIS Dallas Lockbox *
07/13/2013 4:24 p/m CST USCIS / WEB SITE / Set up user account to track case status / https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/logon.do
07/15/2013 4:24 p/m CST USCIS / WEB SITE / Indicates "ACCEPTANCE"
07/16/2013 7:30 p/m CST USCIS / WEB SITE / Log in to check site / Indicates "INITIAL REVIEW"
07/17/2013 UNKNWN I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA1) / Received in mail today. (Notice Date : 07/11/2013, VSC) (Stamp date on envelope : 07/15/13)

* Advising case has been opened.
07/18/2013 8:31 p/m CST Email Received / USCIS / Advising Alien Registration Number has been changed
07/18/2013 8:35 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

07/18/2013 8:31 p/m CST Email Received / USCIS / Advising Alien Registration Number has been changed
07/18/2013 8:35 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/07/2013 6:45 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/07/2013 6:47 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/07/2013 7:00 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/09/2013 6:30 p/m CST Email Received / USCIS / Case has been transfered from VSC

08/09/2013 UNKNWN I-797C, Notice of Action (NOAT) / Rcv'd in mail (Notice Date : 08/06/2013, VSC) (Stamp date on envelope : 08/07/2013)**

** Advising that the case has been transfered from VSC to TSC

08/09/2013 7:30 p/m CST USCIS / WEB STIE / Logged in to check site / Indicatted "INITIAL REVIEW

08/26/2013 8:45 p/m CST Email Recieved / USCIS / On 08/26/13, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

08/26/2013 8:47 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/26/2013 8:48 p/m CST USCIS / WEB STIE / Logged in to check site / Indicatted "POST DECISION ACTIVITY"

08/27/2013 7:15 a/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/27/2013 7:15 a/m CST Email Received / USCIS / On August 27, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing.

08/29/2013 UNKNWN I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA2) / Rcv'd in mail. (Notice Date : 08/26/2013) (Stamp date on env. : 08/27/18) / Advising i-129F has been APPROVED.

09/05/2013 UNKNWN Phone Call to NVC / Petition received and MNL Number issued

09/06/2013 15:58 EST Documents shipped out via DHL AWB 8774193982 ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/ ) EXCELLANT

09/09/2013 10:45 MNL Documents rcvd at Embassy signed for L Bernardion

Summary : Date mailed : 07/05; Docs rcv'd USCIS : 07/09; NOA1 issued : 07/11; NOA2 issued : 08/26, NOA2 rcv'd in mail : 08/29; NVC Rcv'd : 09/05/; MNL Emby rcv'd docs : 09/09

Total Number of Days : 67 days (Mailing date of I-129F at U.S. Post Office to Receipt of documents in Manila Embassy)

Projected Dates (Not Actual Dates) : Based on research on VJ Website, other members statements, and documents going to VSC Service Center
07/18/13 : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between December 11, 2013 and December 24, 2013

Timeline

1) Call NVC to get MNL Number and after you have confirmed the Embassy has received your file ( The NVC will tell you the date it was fowarded to embassy)

3) Schedule your interview; print your appointment confirmation from web page or email ( http://cgifederal.force.com/ ) (make sure they have received your file first.)

You can project the receiving date by study of this blog ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/page-88 ) This is why you need to find out from NVC what date they sent your documents out. You can use the DHL blog to get the tracking number. Then go to www.dhl.com enter the tracking number and get the date the petition was received. Remember, it is not JUST YOUR file they are receiving. It will many case file they are receiving with yours being one of them.

4) Complete your pre registration on St. Lukes web site ( www.slec.ph/us/registration/ )

5) With your MNL Number and appointment confirmation page, go to St. Lukes and take your medical.

read this blog; it's one of the best ( http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/index.html ) This young lady really put things into perspective from her point of view.

You DO NOT need to wait for the NVC letter to the petetioner or the packets from embassy to the beneficiarry to proceed with these steps.

Our documents were received on Sept. 09, 2013, I have received the NVC letter but she has received nothing from the embassy. She lives in condos with front desk that receives mail. It is manned 24 hours a day. So there is no chance that the documents were missed because of bad delivery location.

6) CFO meeting : If you go before visa issuance, she will need to go back and get stamp for visa. If you go post visa issuance, then goes only one time as they will put the stamp on the visa after the meeting. It can be done either way : pre visa issuance or post visa issuance. It's up to you.

3) Prepare DS Forms

Hey, thank you so much. This is very helpful.. Now I just have to wait for our MNL number and I am good to go for the medical exam. :)

Timeline

3) Prepare DS Forms

by the way, would it be okay to have the interview at the embassy without the copy of the letter from the NVC with the mnl number? I mean if the embassy received the petition already but my fiance hasn't received the nvc letter yet..would that be okay? Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes once you have your MNL # you can get everything going! For sure do NOT sit around waiting for the letter (that rarely arrives) from the embassy.

And NO you do not need the letter from NVC for the interview.

Have your MNL # - It's rock 'n' roll time!!

Follow the flashing arrow below for more info.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes once you have your MNL # you can get everything going! For sure do NOT sit around waiting for the letter (that rarely arrives) from the embassy.

And NO you do not need the letter from NVC for the interview.

Have your MNL # - It's rock 'n' roll time!!

Follow the flashing arrow below for more info.

Oh okay, thank you Hanks, that's very helpful :)

Edited by gem927

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am getting lost in the process, On 10/10/2013 NVC received my I-129F petition,, then i was told they send it out on the 10/15/2013.

Never told me where is was sent , or my MNL #. ...

Now i have no way to track it..

whats next??? anyone????

Please help if you can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.