MaryRyan

Please help me.. scheduling an interview for K-1

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really??????????????????????????? Well that sucks, I was just getting so I knew the attendants by name for that flight.

Can't figure why as the flights were always full that I was on.

** I just read their news report, I guess I just happened to be on one of the few "full" flights....

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry...I thought I had this down but now I am confused again...do we need the embassy letter or just the documents listed? Our case is listed as "ready" on the embassy website. I have the letter from NVC with the MNL number...our interview is scheduled for June 10.

Where on the embassy website would we find that information, 'ready'?

thank you.

Timeline

Where on the embassy website would we find that information, 'ready'?

thank you.

Found it!! Mine says 'ready' too. It feels so good to update my timeline now. I've updated it 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks after nothing for 7 months. We're almost there!!!

Found it!! Mine says 'ready' too. It feels so good to update my timeline now. I've updated it 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks after nothing for 7 months. We're almost there!!!

Good for you! Here is the information for others (thanks to Gregory on FB!): Go to mnl embassy website and search for case status. When you get to it you select immigrant and type in your NVC case #

Yes....very close now!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Really??????????????????????????? Well that sucks, I was just getting so I knew the attendants by name for that flight.

Can't figure why as the flights were always full that I was on.

** I just read their news report, I guess I just happened to be on one of the few "full" flights....

I think you and I are on the same flights!!! Always packed...I cannot imagine that the Hawaii--PI flights were "under-performing!"

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Timeline

I just checked my status on the MANILA EMBASSY website, mine also says "ready". This makes me so excited, but what exactly does this mean? lol

Timeline

By the way I emailed ivmanilareplies and they replied that they got my case but they did not put my MNL number down or anything, can i still print it out?

Manila IV Correspondence Unit
6:22 PM (4 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

We received the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)-approved visa petition (Form I-129F) from the State Department’s National Visa Center (NVC) on May 10, 2013 and sent the applicant an interview notification letter, along with a pamphlet on the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA).

K1 visa applicants are required to read the IMBRA pamphlet which provides information on the legal rights available to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the U.S. The applicant may visit this link http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/pamphlet/pamphlet_5725.html for information on IMBRA.

The applicant should visit this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930 to schedule a visa interview date. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the USA may contact the Appointment Service at (214) 571-1600 between 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Please note that K1 applicants must pay the visa application fee of $240 before they can request a visa appointment via the online appointment website or the Embassy’s Visa Call Center. There are three ways to pay the K visa application fee:

1. Cash payment at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch. Please note that K-1 visa applicants are required to present a U.S. visa application deposit slip to pay the machine-readable visa (MRV) application fee. Before going to the bank, K-1 visa applicants must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip, which can be downloaded from the online appointment website: http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp, and take it to the bank to pay the fee.

There is an expiration date on the deposit slip. Bank agents will not accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon payment, the bank will issue a receipt. This receipt cannot be replaced. Applicants will not be able to schedule an appointment without the receipt number.

2. Online payment bill option provided by BPI to their clients.

3. Online payment through Bancnet.

For more details regarding K1 visa payment instructions, the applicant may visit a link to our website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html.

The applicant should follow all interview preparation instructions for K1 visa applicants located on the Embassy’s website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html. The instructions contained on the website will provide the applicant the required documentation and procedures to follow prior to the interview date.

Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done at St. Luke’s Extension Clinic in Manila 5-7 working days before their visa interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Applicants are encouraged to register online at the St. Luke’s website (www.slec.ph) prior to their medical exams.

St. Luke's Extension Clinic is located at 1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila. The phone numbers are (632) 524-6082, (632) 521-0020, (632) 521-8647, and (632) 523-8248.

The applicant should compile all the required documents and complete the medical examination before the interview date (when scheduled). Please note that the medical examination may take more than one day to complete.

Petitioners and applicants may check the status of immigrant and fiancé(e) visa cases via the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) weblink: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

Correspondence Team/gcp | Immigrant Visa Branch | Embassy of the United States of America | Manila, Philippines | +(632) 301- 2000 | https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ (online case status) | http://manila.usembassy.gov/

Find us online at blogs.usembassy.gov/Philippines

Timeline

That is pretty much the instructions letter they have posted on their website (and should mail out to the applicants).

What SLEC has been asking for is a letter from the embassy or NVC with the MNL # on it, bring it anyway can't hurt. Did you get the letter from NVC showing they assigned a MNL # ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I called the MANILA usem last week and they told me not to schedule an appointment until my fiance receives his us embassy letter from manila. He said, they'll be looking for that and can't get a medical or interview without it. But so many people are saying not to wait for the letter. He said it should be a letter stating that we are eligible for an interview and it should have his name on it. Should I still proceed? My case was sent to MANILa on May 1st, and we aren't planning to schedule the interview until June 10-15

^^^ Yes, you should proceed. Your fiancé can schedule an interview and complete the medical without having received the "eligibility" letter from the USEM.

Sorry...I thought I had this down but now I am confused again...do we need the embassy letter or just the documents listed? Our case is listed as "ready" on the embassy website. I have the letter from NVC with the MNL number...our interview is scheduled for June 10.

^^^ You do not need the USEM's "eligibility" letter.

However, it wouldn't hurt anything if you read the USEM's "eligibility" letter: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_005.pdf

^^^ Yes, you should proceed. Your fiancé can schedule an interview and complete the medical without having received the "eligibility" letter from the USEM.

^^^ You do not need the USEM's "eligibility" letter.

However, it wouldn't hurt anything if you read the USEM's "eligibility" letter: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_005.pdf

Thanks! I've read the letter many times and have used it to create my own checklist for what we need! For those interested, I broke the process down into a CFO list, a medical list and and embassy list broken down further to what I needed to get and what Joan needed. A simple note of "NEED" or "HAVE" next to each entry has helped keep us on track...the only thing that threw me for a loop was the embassy "letter!" I think we are good to go! I arrive in PI on May 28th and we will spend the 29th going through the ream of paperwork making sure that EVERYTHING is there and in order (the Lotus Garden Hotel has a business center for last minute printouts, etc.). We are planning on doing the CFO on Thursday the 30th (I've read that there are 30 spots available on Tuesday and Thursday morning in Manila--but we will stick around for the afternoon session if need be---actually I am relegated to the hotel room while Joan takes care of the CFO. On June 1st we will celebrate Joan's birthday and fly down to Cebu on the 2nd for 6 nights on Malapascua Island. We come back to Manila on the 8th, visit her (our) family on the 9th, interview on the 10th (hoping for a champagne filled dinner!), and I return to Hawaii on the 11th to wait out the final few days of this part of the Journey!...then the wonderful trip to the airport to pick up my bride-to-be!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Steve...It's good that you're going to the interview. It should be a slam dunk. You and Joan will be toasting on the 10th.

Cheers!

Steve...It's good that you're going to the interview. It should be a slam dunk. You and Joan will be toasting on the 10th.

Cheers!

Mahalo---Salamat---Thanks!!!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Timeline

Hey guys, just scheduled Ryan's appointment for June 10! If he gets approved (prayers) I'm hoping to get him a flight for July 10 so he can be here for my birthday! I'm beyond excited, though scared because I have yet to receive my NVC letter that Hank said he may need for the interview. All fingers crossed I hope it comes in time. If not, I hope the email response from IVmanilareplies will suffice!

Timeline

Embassy doesn't care about the NVC letter, St. Luke's seems to want a letter from NVC or the embassy with the MNL # on it, reports from VJ'ers they say one or the other is being asked for. I would think anything from either, even an email would suffice.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.