Kagebunshin

Joint Sponsor AP, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Good day. biggrin.png I just want to ask questions about our case because we're still stuck at AP and ur feedback is greatly appreciated!

My mother is petitioning me and my brother. We've been sending files back and forth to the Manila Embassy and still where in AP. This is our timeline after the interview just to give you the background of our case.

* March 21 - We had our interview and we received a 221g letter. After a few days we send it to the embassy.

* April 03 - Finally, we saw an update of our status. They probably received our documents.

* April 17 - We received this letter. And we complied them.

April 17, 2013

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX

PHILIPPINES

Dear XXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

We have reviewed your file and determined that you must do the following to continue and conclude the processing of your visa application. After completing the requested action, you may view the status of your application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

_x__1. You need to submit the document(s) marked below. The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any 2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter. This service is free of charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.

___ 2. You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked below. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

___ 3. Please come to the Embassy and pay the IV fee of _____ at the Embassy Consular Cashier and submit the receipt to the Immigrant Visa Section's Window 38

Documents:

___ Completed new DS-230 application forms (may be downloaded online)

___ _____ Visa Application Fee (or its peso equivalent) per applicant

___ New NBI Clearance for ______________

___ New Medical Report from St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic for ___

_x __ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from a qualified Joint Sponsor with original signature

_x__ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864A) from Joint Sponsor and spouse/co-resident with original signatures

_x__ 2012 Income Tax Returns (Form 1040), Wage Statements (Form W-2), and Proof of Current Employment

from your joint sponsors

___ Others:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT:

You may schedule an appointment online through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph. or call the Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 and (632) 902-8930 (from the Philippines), or (214) 571-1600 (from the United States). The call center is open Mondays through Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on U.S. and Philippine holidays.

Sincerely,

Consular Officer

Immigrant Visa Branch

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Name (P) : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Preference Category: F2A - PHIL

NOTE: YOUR FAILURE TO APPLY FOR IMMIGRANT VISA WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE ABOVE DATE MAY RESULT IN THE POSSIBLE TERMINATION OF YOUR APPLICATION UNDER SECTION 203(g) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT.

Revised December 2012

Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. Do not respond to this email.

For inquiries you may send an email to IVManilaReplies@state.gov or call the IV Inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours

April 22 - We sent the documents to the embassy through Fedex.

May 03 - We received a letter from the embassy that they received the documents.

May 06 - We received a letter which is similar on April 17.

May 06, 2013

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX

PHILIPPINES

Dear XXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

We have reviewed your file and determined that you must do the following to continue and conclude the processing of your visa application. After completing the requested action, you may view the status of your application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

_x__1. You need to submit the document(s) marked below. The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any 2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter. This service is free of charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.

___ 2. You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked below. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

___ 3. Please come to the Embassy and pay the IV fee of _____ at the Embassy Consular Cashier and submit the receipt to the Immigrant Visa Section's Window 38

Documents:

___ Completed new DS-230 application forms (may be downloaded online)

___ _____ Visa Application Fee (or its peso equivalent) per applicant

___ New NBI Clearance for ______________

___ New Medical Report from St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic for ___

_x __ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from a qualified Joint Sponsor with original signature

_x__ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864A) from Joint Sponsor and spouse/co-resident with original signatures

_x__ 2012 Income Tax Returns (Form 1040), Wage Statements (Form W-2), and Proof of Current Employment

from your joint sponsors

___ Others:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT:

You may schedule an appointment online through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph. or call the Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 and (632) 902-8930 (from the Philippines), or (214) 571-1600 (from the United States). The call center is open Mondays through Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on U.S. and Philippine holidays.

Sincerely,

Consular Officer

Immigrant Visa Branch

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Name (P) : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Preference Category: F2A - PHIL

NOTE: YOUR FAILURE TO APPLY FOR IMMIGRANT VISA WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE ABOVE DATE MAY RESULT IN THE POSSIBLE TERMINATION OF YOUR APPLICATION UNDER SECTION 203(g) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT.

Revised December 2012

Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. Do not respond to this email.

For inquiries you may send an email to IVManilaReplies@state.gov or call the IV Inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hour.

My question is, who should send these files? Is it supposed to be my mother, the joint-sponsor or us(individually)? They've been asking the same things and we complied them. I'm really confused because it seems that they are still not satisfied and it is really aggravating.

Thank you once again. God bless.

Edited by Kagebunshin

PD: October 27, 2010.

Timeline

Is your mom's income or the joint sponsor's enough to support you and your brother? Did you check the required income on the poverty level guidelines?

In April we were asked to have a joint sponsor because my mom's income doesn't meet the required quota.

So her friend helped to be a joint sponsor, and I think the joint sponsor's income can meet the required income.

Timeline

Fedex? Aren't you supposed to mail it via 2go as instructed on your 221g form?

Timeline

Fedex? Aren't you supposed to mail it via 2go as instructed on your 221g form?

We sent it to USPS pala. Because my mom taught it would be faster.

I replied to your previous post in F2A from Phillipines.

Thank you so much!!! smile.png

I suggest call the US Embassy. Talk to someone and explain that you have already complied with the requirements. Good luck!

Thank you!! smile.png

We already called it and they still gave the same response.

But we will try again to say to them that we already sent the Joint Sponosr documentes through USPS.(It was USPS not Fedex)

Edited by Kagebunshin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.