14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

We sent out an I130 for our minor son (my stepson) last month. Has anyone gone through this recently? How long did it take to get your approval from USCIS? Do MSC cases take about the same time as those cases sent to Cali, Arizona and the rest?

Thanks!

I went though the process last year and it took approximately 3 months to hear from USCIS after which it took me another 4 months for him to arrive in the U.S. The process is pretty quick. Every office has their different processing times and of course immigration worker but you should hear back from them in another couple months.

Good Luck!

Edited by mimi0418

Vermont Service Center

Jan. 10,2010 - Greencard APPROVED

Day 1: Dec. 15 - Mailed 1751 forms

Day 3: Dec. 17 - Confirmation of delivery

Day 7: Dec. 21 - NOA 1

Day 22: Jan. 5 - Biometrics scheduled for January 23, 2013

Day 170: June 5 - Approval on lifting conditions

Timeline

I went though the process last year and it took approximately 3 months to hear from USCIS after which it took me another 4 months for him to arrive in the U.S. The process is pretty quick. Every office has their different processing times and of course immigration worker but you should hear back from them in another couple months.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much for your reply. This makes me feel better. With my husband, it took 23 months (almost 2 yrs). I am glad to hear this will not be the case with my son. Who knows? He may just be home for Christmas! :-) Thanks again.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Ours took a little over 2 months.

Then around 2 months at NVC (1 month for them to receive and generate case and invoice ID numbers, 1 month to get invoices/pay/send forms & documents/approval).

Interview will be scheduled usually 1-2 months after "case complete" at NVC. I've been waiting more than a week to hear when our interview date is...

Keep in mind that if a DNA test is required after the interview, that will add extra time (and expense) sad.png

Good luck to you! Join the stepkids thread here - lots and lots of info there...

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

Then around 2 months at NVC (1 month for them to receive and generate case and invoice ID numbers, 1 month to get invoices/pay/send forms & documents/approval).

Interview will be scheduled usually 1-2 months after "case complete" at NVC. I've been waiting more than a week to hear when our interview date is...

Keep in mind that if a DNA test is required after the interview, that will add extra time (and expense) sad.png

Good luck to you! Join the stepkids thread here - lots and lots of info there...

Thank you so much! Our son is the spitting image of his father. It is painfully obvious. Both my husband and I will be there at the interview. I would be very surprise if a DNA test is required. His name is on the birth certificate and the resemblance is almost scary to me :-). Thanks again!

Timeline

My stepdad filed the I130 for me and my sister (under 21) last November and it took five months to get the notice of approval so I think it varies

IR2 Journey

USCIS:

11/13/2012 - I-130 sent

11/17/2012 - NOA1

04/03/2013 - NOA2

NVC:

04/15/2013 - NVC received case

04/25/2013 - Received case #'s and IIN

04/25/2013 - Set up e-mail addresses

04/29/2013 - AOS fees requested & paid

04/29/2013 - Received DS-3032 form

04/29/2013 - Sent DS- 3032 e-mail template

05/02/2013 - AOS fees shows as PAID

05/07/2013 - AOS package sent off

05/10/2013 - DS-3032 email accepted

05/13/2013 - IV Processing fees requested & paid

Timeline

My stepdad filed the I130 for me and my sister (under 21) last November and it took five months to get the notice of approval so I think it varies

I am assuming you're at least 18. My son is a 8. A lot of things required for adults aren't for minors. I am hoping this means a somewhat quicker journey. I don't know where you are in yours, but I pray all goes well!

Timeline

I am assuming you're at least 18. My son is a 8. A lot of things required for adults aren't for minors. I am hoping this means a somewhat quicker journey. I don't know where you are in yours, but I pray all goes well!

Currently at the NVC stage. My sister is a minor but I hope your journey is quicker cause the wait is a bit too much

IR2 Journey

USCIS:

11/13/2012 - I-130 sent

11/17/2012 - NOA1

04/03/2013 - NOA2

NVC:

04/15/2013 - NVC received case

04/25/2013 - Received case #'s and IIN

04/25/2013 - Set up e-mail addresses

04/29/2013 - AOS fees requested & paid

04/29/2013 - Received DS-3032 form

04/29/2013 - Sent DS- 3032 e-mail template

05/02/2013 - AOS fees shows as PAID

05/07/2013 - AOS package sent off

05/10/2013 - DS-3032 email accepted

05/13/2013 - IV Processing fees requested & paid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Serenety,

When do they ask for DNA? I keep seeing DNA and now I have started to worry about that. My husbands name is on the birth certificates, and I have put in pictures of them when they were kids. I do not want to delay these girls again. It is hard to explain to a child and their situation their in Ghana is not the best.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Serenety,

When do they ask for DNA? I keep seeing DNA and now I have started to worry about that. My husbands name is on the birth certificates, and I have put in pictures of them when they were kids. I do not want to delay these girls again. It is hard to explain to a child and their situation their in Ghana is not the best.

Ha! I just saw this by accident... they would ask for it at the interview. Which is why it is SUCH A PAIN - as it adds all that extra time to the end of the process - heaven help you if you had dared to be optimistic and buy plane tickets for the kids or if your husband couldn't stay the extra weeks until that is finalized and has to go back, or have the kids fly alone ... anyway, I don't know how common that request is in Ghana but fingers crossed that you don't have to ever find out about the DNA process... check out the IR-2/CR-2 wiki page; I tried to post some info about DNA test but there isn't that much...

Ask the same question in the stepkids thread, maybe there will be others who are more helpful there?

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

It has only been two months, but yesterday, out of curiosity, I called USCIS to find out where our case is. I have read that some people with case numbers starting with MSC have had

their file transfered to their local offices. The lady with whom I spoke told me our case was transfered to Missouri. I know nothing about this office. Has anyone recently gotten an approval from Missouri recently?

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Currently at the NVC stage. My sister is a minor but I hope your journey is quicker cause the wait is a bit too much

Where are you guys in your journey, now? Have you had your interview already? We are still waiting for our NO2. It has been 5 months!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Start from MSC. processing approximately 3-6 month's of approval by USCIS. but don't be surprised once your case reach out to 8 months might be your case will be route to your local office (USCIS) might be some of the agent assigned on your case and that can be possibly RFE.

Few case But not all of them. I say that base On my experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.