46 posts in this topic

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it can be one day, if you choose the right exam place and get there before 8 am.

Lots of folks stay at the Yangs' mini-hotel inside the same building as the IV Unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

I got my il just couple hours ago,scheduled at mid June!I think all the Ep cases were scheduled by nvc,not by guangzhou consulate,but some physical completed cases were sent to GZ consulate last year,and were scheduled by GZ consulate last month..

Timeline

ya, EP is scheduled @ NVC by NVC, is special, hidden scheduling queue and human that does it, at NVC for GZO casefiles.

re: physical casefile movement, alas, it's 1 to 5 months between 'NVC OUT' and 'GUZ IV OPEN' timeticks.

This is so weird - you make topic today

you two get interview date set and appointment letter, both, today

Burn some joss, fellas, the GZO Fairy is Awake today.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

it can be one day, if you choose the right exam place and get there before 8 am.

Lots of folks stay at the Yangs' mini-hotel inside the same building as the IV Unit.

there's only one clinic in GZ according to http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/GZO-MED-MULT-0006-1203.pdf

"If you have opted for electronic processing of your application through NVC, you will not

receive Form OF-171 and should instead follow NVC’s instructions for applications processed electronically."
Regarding medical.....I'm not aware of any special instruction for our GZO EP cases from NVC so the doc kind of threw me off.

广东国际旅行卫生保健中 (Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel) is the only clinic, i wonder if one would get the sealed medical report the same day.....

Yang's sounds like a good choice, thinking about staying their one day prior to the interview only. should be enough right (assuming medical exam is done in advance)?

Also, regarding picking up the visa, i heard some horrid story about EMS taking 10+ days to deliver the passport, i think it'd be a safer bet to pick up the passport at the post office in GZ. Any thoughts?

Edited by PD is Current.

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

GUZ IV now 'allows' for EMS delivery anywhere in China - so you have some choice on delivery.

Stay longer in GZ? You pay hotel fee per day.

Timeline

From P4 letter :

"WHAT TO DO IF THE APPLICANT CANNOT KEEP THE APPOINTMENT:
Some Embassies/Consulates reschedule interview appointments themselves; others utilize an outside service
provider to reschedule appointments. To determine the proper procedure for rescheduling the applicant's interview
appointment, please go to the Department of State's web site at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, click the
"Prepare for your visa interview abroad" link, and read the US Embassy/Consulate information on page (4)
entitled "Embassy/Consulate General-Specific Interview Guidelines." If the Embassy/Consulate does not have
any specific interview guidelines listed, you should contact the Embassy/Consulate directly to reschedule the

applicant's interview."

Timeline

can ep guys make the interview appointment through GSS and assign the visa pickup location?or just according to the nvc email?

1. EP GUYS get the appointment through email, generated by NVC, sent by NVC. If you need a different interview appointment, is best to use the GUZ IV email-form thingie.

2. the visa pickup location is assigned by the beneficiary when he/she fills out the EMS WEIGHBILL on interview day. There's an EMS counter inside the IV Unit. Is best to get a deliverable address scribbled on paper, carry into the IV Unit on interview day.

Timeline

ya, that's one.

There are others.

Timeline

Timeline

Thanks for posting this info.

"

Review Date : May 9, 2013 Embassy Review : Note: The beneficiary is an Iranian living in China.

The appointment was at 7 but CGI’s employees came at 7:30. They checked everyone’s passport, consulate interview letter and CGI appointment confirmation email, then put a barcode sticker on the back of every passport. The three items were checked again on the 3rd floor. 4th floor was security screening. Backpacks, briefcases, etc. weren’t allowed past security, but there were lockers on the 4th floor where applicants could store their belongings.

The IV interview area had a total of 14 windows – the first couple were for doc intake, the next couple were for fingerprinting, the rest were for interviews except the last one, #30, was for information.

My husband was handed a number when he entered the interview area. The first step was doc intake. A Chinese lady checked all his docs then asked for police clearance from Iran (not required). He told her to check the reciprocity schedule. About 15 minutes later he did biometrics.

Shortly after, he was called to the interview window. He had prepared to do the interview in English but was pleasantly surprised when the VO talked to him in Farsi. However, since he kept answering questions in English, the VO switched to English later on. Questions asked were:
How did you meet?
Where does she work?
Where does she live?
Where is she now?
Can she speak Farsi?
What do you do in China? (The same question but worded differently was asked again later.)

The VO didn’t ask to see any proof of relationship. We previously emailed pictures, phone records, chat logs, etc. to NVC, so it’s possible the VO had already seen them.

At the end of the interview, the VO told him he was approved and handed him the white approval notice. He was out of the building by 9:15. We were able to pick up his passport at Citic Bank's Zhu Jiang Xin Cheng Branch exactly a week later

"

Timeline

that's weird - why paste it here? toss the handphone, come back on a pc, la.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.