Jamericanlove

N-400 May 2013 Filers

925 posts in this topic

dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Guess the letter should show up any day now I hope ......

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On July 5, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

Married April 27th 2010

05-05-2010 Sent AOS I130-I485-I131-I765
05-06-2010 Received at Chicago lock box
05-11-2010 Checks Cashed
05-14-2010 NOA's received
05-17-2010 BIO letter received (appointment June 3rd) will try to do walkin
05-27-2010 RFE - I485 (text from USCIS) , letter on way (I know its I864 form, have it already to go as soon as letter gets here)
06-02-2010 RFE sent back postal express
06-03-2010 Scheduled BIO DONE !!!!
06-04-2010 RFE was received by Homeland Security and case has now resumed
06-17-2010 Interview letter received (Interview date July 28th )
07-14-2010 EAD ordered for production
07-15-2010 I765 and I131 touched
07-28-2010 Interview ...APPROVED
07-28-2010 EAD received
08-02-2010 Welcome letter and I130 approval received
08-11-2010
Green Card Received

Note : At the beginning of the above process we also applied for my step son to come from the Philippines , after the approved interview I contacted my state Senator which was Harry Reid , I am Happy to say as of 10-05-2010 he arrived in the US after being quickly expedited

04-30-2012 I-751 ROC sent
05-02-2012 NOA dated
05-21-2012 Received BIO dated 5/18 appt 6/14
12-05-2012 Approved and New cards in Production

12-10-2012 ROC completed Green Cards Received

04-28-2013 N400 Sent - Phoenix Lockbox

05-01-2013 NOA Priority Date

05-06-2013 Check Cashed

05-31-2013 Biometrics

08-14-2013 Interview/Civics Test

10-19-2013 Oath - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Guess the letter should show up any day now I hope ......

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On July 5, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

I was inline 25th and the letter was dated the 27th (of June, received it a few days after the 27th) for my interview (August - longer than I expected) so yep, not long now. Interesting looking at April filers - many went really quick and some were soooo slow.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I already registered here , thanks for that , its same as checking the status through the case number right ?

Timeline

I am working As Langauge Instructor for the Special Forces ,Linguist and Culture Advisor , I hhave been serving the Department of Defense in the United States and abroad for over 10 years. I did Got my green card on the 1st 10 days from my entry to the US (Special Immigrant VIsa programme) I really deserve to expedite my citizenship process for all the service I have done and proudly I am still doing it .. I really need help for a sample letter to be sent for the Senator of the State of TN to expedit the process , I am looking to be citizen asap as there is job where my service will be needed on daily bases but unfortunatly without citizenship I won't be able doing it , so if you can help me out for a sample letter for the Senator , I would highly appreciate it .

God Bless

Timeline

I am working As Langauge Instructor for the Special Forces ,Linguist and Culture Advisor , I hhave been serving the Department of Defense in the United States and abroad for over 10 years. I did Got my green card on the 1st 10 days from my entry to the US (Special Immigrant VIsa programme) I really deserve to expedite my citizenship process for all the service I have done and proudly I am still doing it .. I really need help for a sample letter to be sent for the Senator of the State of TN to expedit the process , I am looking to be citizen asap as there is job where my service will be needed on daily bases but unfortunatly without citizenship I won't be able doing it , so if you can help me out for a sample letter for the Senator , I would highly appreciate it .

God Bless

Good luck, I am in the same position. My future employer wrote a letter for me - I don't think it worked though but at least I tried. You need a letter from them to say they are holding a job for you and that you have passed the interview process. You send a letter to the senator and USCIS. My senator was great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Unfortunately the projection didn't work for me. My status saying that I was mailed a notification o get my biometrics taken hasn't changed online, and I have not received any notifications via email, text or regular mail about my case being on line for an interview. Hope I get it soon. ;)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Well , What I need a "Sample Letter Format" to be sent to the Senator for Expedition purposes , I dont have promise for a job from any employer as current time , I have to get the citizenship first to be able to apply ! ,

Question : Can I hand the Senator Letter to the Immigration officer through the Info pass appointment instead of mailing it ??

Timeline

****Update for this site **** **

by the way in the State of TN now , not only in Memphis they do the Interviews, now they have just "One" Immigration officer in Nashville - in the Application Support Center building who some Interviews as well ,... So in TN now Memphis and Nashville as local offices , please udpate that on the site .

Timeline

Well , What I need a "Sample Letter Format" to be sent to the Senator for Expedition purposes , I dont have promise for a job from any employer as current time , I have to get the citizenship first to be able to apply ! ,

Question : Can I hand the Senator Letter to the Immigration officer through the Info pass appointment instead of mailing it ??

There is no set letter to send to your senator and if you are married to a US citizen it is best they write a letter if you do not have a job that requires citizenship. Citizens' letters hold a lot more pull than from a non citizen.

Infopass is a great place to hand a letter over :) but you should cc it to a senator at their address. All you need to write is what you have been doing, how you now have the opportunity to apply for a better position which requires citizenship and would like to be considered for a expedition of the naturalization process, in order to apply. Given that it is not taking long for the majority (they aim for under 6 months processing and seem to be achieving this) I doubt it could get through much faster but I do wish you luck.

The infopass will take the letter to the powers that be at Homeland security - not the senator. That is why it is important to contact your senator by mail. Sadly there are not many short-cuts, and even though I am waiting to start work after citizenship, I understand this. First in best dressed I guess.

Timeline

Unfortunately the projection didn't work for me. My status saying that I was mailed a notification o get my biometrics taken hasn't changed online, and I have not received any notifications via email, text or regular mail about my case being on line for an interview. Hope I get it soon. wink.png

Did you sign up for the email notification on the USCIS website? I know you can call and ask and I think that is 90 days after your biometrics are taken. I was told that from when the letter is sent for biometrics the background checks start, this is a part of the process that really can't be hurried because of so many outside agencies, involving those in our own countries, doing the checks.

If you didn't sign up online at the USCIS website I recommend that you do :) I hope you hear something soon ... I notice there are a few on the list stuck where you are but some of those probably have forgotten to update.

Timeline

Did you sign up for the email notification on the USCIS website? I know you can call and ask and I think that is 90 days after your biometrics are taken. I was told that from when the letter is sent for biometrics the background checks start, this is a part of the process that really can't be hurried because of so many outside agencies, involving those in our own countries, doing the checks.

If you didn't sign up online at the USCIS website I recommend that you do :) I hope you hear something soon ... I notice there are a few on the list stuck where you are but some of those probably have forgotten to update.

Thanks for your answer ;). I did subscribe for email updates and text alerts. I was expected to receive an email saying that I'm in line for an interview on July 1st., but I understand that with the 4th. of July celebration and all that, there could be a week delay or something.

It's been almost a month since my biometrics were taken, so I guess it's still early to call to the USCIS.

Until we have our citizenships in hand, we have to play their waiting game ;)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Yes we do, the waiting game is the worst lol Do check and make sure it is 90 days before contacting them, I just think I remember seeing that - but my mind goes to jelly as soon as I see USCIS lol It may be 30 days :)

Timeline

Yes we do, the waiting game is the worst lol Do check and make sure it is 90 days before contacting them, I just think I remember seeing that - but my mind goes to jelly as soon as I see USCIS lol It may be 30 days :)

With all the things we've been put through, my mind turns into jell-o too! Haha! I'll check and make sure, then I'll gather the strength and courage to call USCIS, wait on the phone for an hour+, then speak to someone that asks me the same questions 10 times, and gives me a vague, changing, inaccurate response and decides to transfer the call to the Tier II supervisor with the story repeating itself from the begining and finally get the answer: "just wait!!! The notification we sent says 30 days, but the computer says 90 days!!!" Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!! Two hours of my life lost forever in a black worm-hole!!! Lol!!!! :)

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

With all the things we've been put through, my mind turns into jell-o too! Haha! I'll check and make sure, then I'll gather the strength and courage to call USCIS, wait on the phone for an hour+, then speak to someone that asks me the same questions 10 times, and gives me a vague, changing, inaccurate response and decides to transfer the call to the Tier II supervisor with the story repeating itself from the begining and finally get the answer: "just wait!!! The notification we sent says 30 days, but the computer says 90 days!!!" Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!! Two hours of my life lost forever in a black worm-hole!!! Lol!!!! smile.png

Is an interview at infopass easy for you to get to? When did you become eligible?

lol glad I am not the only one that goes to jello - seriously I am an intelligent person, always been confident, have no reason to feel worried, I have never done a thing wrong in my life according to the law - but when I see that sign - jelly-brain lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.