patacone

Question about Documentation requirements for affidavit of support

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While we're waiting for our NOA2, I have a question about documentation recommended/required for affidavit of support. If my income is more than sufficient to cover the minimum income requirements, is it necessary for me to include bank statements, 401K statements, property holdings, etc. or are tax statements, W2's, letter from employer, and latest earnings statements sufficient?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No need for bank info, 401 or anything if your income meets the requirements.

Only send the proof of income. tax returns, w2s, paystubs etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Yes, if your income easily surpasses the I-864P guidelines for your household size, you should be good to go with only your 2012 federal income tax return, W-2's, a few recent paycheck stubs, and your employer's letter.

No sense sending more than what is required.

Only if you want to play it very safe.

Attending the interview is even better.

Edited by Tahoma

Timeline

Only if you want to play it very safe.

Attending the interview is even better.

I'd really like to attend the interview, but not sure if I can swing it with vacation time from work. I'm heading to Philippines for 2 week visit on 5/24. And then I need to save some time for accompanying my fiancée and her kids on the trip to the states once we have visa in hand.

I'd really like to attend the interview, but not sure if I can swing it with vacation time from work. I'm heading to Philippines for 2 week visit on 5/24. And then I need to save some time for accompanying my fiancée and her kids on the trip to the states once we have visa in hand.

Have you thought about having them travel on their own, and using your time off for when they arrive in the U.S.? That's what I did and it worked out great.

As you have some time, go order tax transcripts for 2010, 11 and 12. They are free from IRS and take just a couple of weeks to get. Then you don't need to send complete tax returns with W2s, just copies of the transcripts.

Finished!

Timeline

Have you thought about having them travel on their own, and using your time off for when they arrive in the U.S.? That's what I did and it worked out great.

I think that would be really hard on my fiancee. She has never travelled internationally, and the kids are really young. It would be really stressful for her making all the connections and coming through immigration on her own.

Timeline

As you have some time, go order tax transcripts for 2010, 11 and 12. They are free from IRS and take just a couple of weeks to get. Then you don't need to send complete tax returns with W2s, just copies of the transcripts.

That sounds like a great idea. I'll get to work on that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Where can I find information of what my fiancee should send me for the interview....??????? I would like to start collecting everything now to be ready.....

Thanks! :)

2012-09-20: I-129F NOA1

2013-05-03: I-129 RFE

2013-05-07: RFE Reply

2013-05-17: I-129F NOA2

2013-05-28: NVC Received

2013-05-30: NVC Left

2013-XX-XX: Consulate Received

2013-06-05: Packet 3 Received

2013-06-05: Packet 4 Received

2013-06-19: Interview Date

2013-06-19: Interview Approved

2013-07-02: Got to USA

2013-09-06: Got Married!!!

2013-09-XX:

event.png

event.png
event.png

Where can I find information of what my fiancee should send me for the interview....??????? I would like to start collecting everything now to be ready.....

Thanks! :)

Maybe it's on the U.S Embassy Santiago website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.