jimidrix5

Advance Parole granted before Biometrics appointment?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My priority date with USICS is 3/22/13. I have been waiting for my biometrics appointment since then. I finally called the 1-800 number yesterday and informed them that I have not received any appointment letter yet. I don't know why it is taking so long. My question is would it be possible to be granted Advance Parole prior to the biometrics appointment, or is that necessary to do first?

Thanks very much.

If you still haven't had biometrics in 4 months then they can approve the AP without it, but they won't approve it now without biometrics. Why are you worried anyway? AP takes 90 days to be approved. You are at 30ish days so what are you expecting to happen? You are still in the timeframe.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HT,

Thanks for your very quick response! I was under the impression that I would receive an appointment letter from USCIS telling me the date of the biometrics appt. within 30 days of them receiving my application. That is why I was worried. I know AP can take up to 90 days. Is the 90 days pretty much standard or is there any reason for me to expect it to come sooner, e.g. they already have this info from when I got a Nexus card?

Much appreciated,

Yes, you should get a bio appointment letter within 30 days, but it is just past 30 days for you. You called them already so they will poke around and get you the appointment. Maybe your local office is just too busy and doesn't have fingerprint appointments open now.

As far as already having your information, that makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't work like that. USCIS will want these fingerprints, and more fingerprints each time you do an application (this, removal of conditions, citizenship). They say the prints "expire." Prepare for that now :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.