kally101

How do international calling card works.. Help please!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If calls are made from a land line in the US to a land line in another country using international calling cards, will the calls still be registered on the US phone carrier's system even if the cards were not from that carrier?

Filed: Timeline

If calls are made from a land line in the US to a land line in another country using international calling cards, will the calls still be registered on the US phone carrier's system even if the cards were not from that carrier?

No. Only the call to the access number will be recorded.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mail your call records to NVC and bring to interview.

I printed my home phone record and had my wife printed her home and cell phone records. I highlighted the calls I made and the calls she received. You do have records, just not with your number. We had 30 pages and all highlighted with the corresponding time to show all my calls.

=====================

CR-1 Process

=====================

06/10/2011 - I-130 package sent USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/14/2011 - NOA1

10/21/2011 - I-130 approved (NOA2)

11/19/2011 - NVC recevied case

11/21/2011 - Called NVC for AOS bill and DS-3032

11/21/2011 - Paid AOS Bill

11/21/2011 - EP request and DS-3032 to NVC

11/23/2011 - EP came and DS-3032 accepted

11/23/2011 - Submit I-864

11/28/2011 - Paid IV Bill

11/29/2011 - Submit DS-230

12/05/2011 - Case completed

12/08/2011 - Interview date set

12/11/2011 - Medical exam

01/11/2011 - Document intake day

01/12/2012 - Interview - Approved

03/09/2012 - POE - LAX

Is it possible to download a record of Skype calls without also downloading the chat?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

I printed my home phone record and had my wife printed her home and cell phone records. I highlighted the calls I made and the calls she received. You do have records, just not with your number. We had 30 pages and all highlighted with the corresponding time to show all my calls.

Thanks much for your response.. This would have been fantastic but I am not able to get call records on my end as he's been calling me on my land line and my phone company does not provide records for calls received...

Is it possible to download a record of Skype calls without also downloading the chat?

Not that I am aware of.. Unless you are going to copy and paste then delete the chat convos...

Not that I am aware of.. Unless you are going to copy and paste then delete the chat convos...

eh I was afraid of that. Thanks!

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

I did this as well, included scans of fronts and backs of a years worth of cards as well as call records showing calls to the international all access number.

They are aware that most of us communicate in this way.

Edited by misterbigtoe

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Timeline

I did this as well, included scans of fronts and backs of a years worth of cards as well as call records showing calls to the international all access number.

They are aware that most of us communicate in this way.

Ok great well he did save some of his cards! wow! I hope that will work. Thanks so much..

Forget about calling cards. They suck and you cannot get call logs. I am using and suggest you do the same. GTALK I call the Dominican Republic for .05 per minute cel phone or home phone it does not matter. You make an account and in your account you can print out call logs. I sent some of these call logs with our I-130 to the USCIS. For Jamaica it .09 per minute to land line and .21 per minute to cel phone. Also crystal clear conversations. idea9dv.gifhttps://www.gtalk.us/pinless/user/Rates/letter/J/code/US

I AM USC

Timeline

Forget about calling cards. They suck and you cannot get call logs. I am using and suggest you do the same. GTALK I call the Dominican Republic for .05 per minute cel phone or home phone it does not matter. You make an account and in your account you can print out call logs. I sent some of these call logs with our I-130 to the USCIS. For Jamaica it .09 per minute to land line and .21 per minute to cel phone. Also crystal clear conversations. idea9dv.gifhttps://www.gtalk.us/pinless/user/Rates/letter/J/code/US

Thank you! This would have been helpful if we weren't at the last stage of the process..

• 4 months later...
Filed: Timeline

HI,

As someone mentioned before Skype won't provide this info.

But there is better solutions for this: virtual calling cards. They allow you to make international calls and they often provide call history for you. This is particularly useful when you need to provide the proof of calling to immigration department. I know for sure that "011Now" provides this information for the customers. You have to register with them by providing your email and phone number. They suggest to register using smartphone app. If you do this you will get $1.00 of free credits to try the services. You can try calling even before providing any billing information. The quality is good. The call history is available for printing from their website http://www.011now.com.

As per my experience they provide cheaper services than Skype or Google Voice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.