BeanCamp

Copy of Interview Letter

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance emailed the DS-230 and got a reply back the same day acknowledging they received our DS-230 and that a packet would be mailed. I called DOS a week later and was told us when the interview was scheduled for and the embassy would send out a packet. He has been checking the post office almost daily and still has not received the packet.

That was about a month ago and my fiance has his medical exam in about 2 weeks. Can anyone share their experiences with getting the embassy to email/send the interview letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why would you schedule a medical exam without your Appointment Letter from NVC? A copy of the letter is required for the medical examination so you will definitely need it. If you have provided NVC with an email address this packet will be mailed to you soon or just give them a call to find out what's going on. Wish you all the best with that, I know the journey is long and stressful at time but patients and the help of all VJers will take you to the end.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why would you schedule a medical exam without your Appointment Letter from NVC? A copy of the letter is required for the medical examination so you will definitely need it. If you have provided NVC with an email address this packet will be mailed to you soon or just give them a call to find out what's going on. Wish you all the best with that, I know the journey is long and stressful at time but patients and the help of all VJers will take you to the end.

K-1 appts are different, we can do that

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance emailed the DS-230 and got a reply back the same day acknowledging they received our DS-230 and that a packet would be mailed. I called DOS a week later and was told us when the interview was scheduled for and the embassy would send out a packet. He has been checking the post office almost daily and still has not received the packet.

That was about a month ago and my fiance has his medical exam in about 2 weeks. Can anyone share their experiences with getting the embassy to email/send the interview letter?

Email embassy that packet has not been received, nor have you received appt letter, and medical appt is on .... It took us about 3 weeks to get the packet, and about 2 weeks to get the letter.

Remember we are a different process than married, so nothing comes to us from NVC. Everything comes from embassy.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Mine took a while and a phone call to my Congress woman. I thought they had a new process now where you can schedule your own appointment. Well good luck anyways it was very nerve racking calling them everyday but this is the journey we choose.

Timeline

Ok. Today I received a response from the embassy. They wrote the appointment letter language in the body of the email rather than attaching a letter on their letterhead. Will it an issue if my fiance brings the copy of the email from the embassy to the medical? Has anyone experienced getting a copy of the appointment letter via within the body of an email rather than as an attached document?

Here's a copy of the email. I de-identified it for obivous reason.

Has anyone ever brough a copy of an email to the medical/embassy as proof of appointment letter.

Kingston, IV <KingstonIV@state.gov> Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM To: xxxxxxx xxxx <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com>
Good Day,
The appointment letter is attached below.

We look forward to continue serving you.

Regards
Kingston IV

AMERICAN EMBASSY
142 OLD HOPE RD
KINGSTON 6
JAMAICA, WEST INDIES

Date: 01 May 2013
xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxx xxxxxxxxxxx
MONTEGO BAY, ST. JAMES
JAMAICA

Dear XXXXXXX, XXXXXX XXXXXXX:

This office is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant
visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an
appointment for a visa interview in the Immigrant Visa section on the
date printed below. This letter must be presented upon your arrival at
this office on the appointment date.

Please see the enclosed information for further instruction
about the medical examination required for all intending immigrants. Be
sure to read all of the enclosed information and follow the instructions
very carefully. When communicating with this office either by telephone
or letter, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in
this letter.

Sincerely

Chief, Immigrant
Visa Branch

Visa Appointment Medical Appointment
Date Time Date Time
28 MAY 2013 09:30

Case Number: KNG2013******
Name (P) : ***********
Preference Category: K1 - JAM

Traveling Applicants:
(P) XXXXXXXXX, XXXXXX xx xxx xxxx

Encl : Packet 4
Edited by BeanCamp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.