Sahs

Totting all the Document to USEM

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can someone who has experience at the US Embassy Manila tell me what (if any) kind of hand bags an Applicant is allowed to bring all the paperwork in when they go for their interview? Thank you all..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife used a shoulder bag that was big enough to hold a 3-ring binder, I saw one that was crazy nuts and had luggage on wheels (like those small carry on bags)... good grief! Talk about paranoia taking them right off the end of the pier.. (probably had a copy of the I-129F, NOA2 and title to their car in there) rofl.gif

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

Whatever you do, make sure the documents and evidence can be easily removed from folders, binders, et cetera. You will have to hand them individual pieces, they will not leaf through a photo album, for instance, or a neatly tabbed document folder. Especially for the pre-screener, you will have to hand specified items through a small opening in the security glass. Once you meet the person doing the actual interview, you will get to bring all the rest of the stuff with you.

Timeline

Thanks guys... Reason for asking is our Lawyer said we should look into it as Jhaneal has purchased a backback which I believe is a no-no... I also checked the below link and, hence, my query. lol

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-securityinfo.asp

dancin5hr.gif

Edited by Sahs

Timeline

My wife used a shoulder bag that was big enough to hold a 3-ring binder, I saw one that was crazy nuts and had luggage on wheels (like those small carry on bags)... good grief! Talk about paranoia taking them right off the end of the pier.. (probably had a copy of the I-129F, NOA2 and title to their car in there) rofl.gif

Haha!!! Hmmmm, I think I have everything, plus another 100% of, what we actually need for the interview! You know what state of mind I'm in, Bud! eb0dfafc.gif

Filed: Timeline

Thanks guys... Reason for asking is our Lawyer said we should look into it as Jhaneal has purchased a backback which I believe is a no-no... I also checked the below link and, hence, my query. lol

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-securityinfo.asp

dancin5hr.gif

The permitted items will vary with the current threat status. I expect after the Boston Marathon bombing, they will be on an elevated security level for the next few months, so, things that were allowed two weeks ago, will not be allowed now, or for a while. If she has somebody that can comes with her and will wait, she can hand restricted items to them for safe keeping before the first security checkpoint.

Timeline

The permitted items will vary with the current threat status. I expect after the Boston Marathon bombing, they will be on an elevated security level for the next few months, so, things that were allowed two weeks ago, will not be allowed now, or for a while. If she has somebody that can comes with her and will wait, she can hand restricted items to them for safe keeping before the first security checkpoint.

... ya right now they are banning pressure cookers with pistol grips. content.gif

Haha!!! Hmmmm, I think I have everything, plus another 100% of, what we actually need for the interview! You know what state of mind I'm in, Bud! eb0dfafc.gif

Just so its all easily removed and handed through a slot in a window. My wife had everything in plastic sleeves in the 3-ring binder, they asked for something she quickly flipped to where she had those documents and pulled them from the sleeve.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Just so its all easily removed and handed through a slot in a window. My wife had everything in plastic sleeves in the 3-ring binder, they asked for something she quickly flipped to where she had those documents and pulled them from the sleeve.

Exactly what we've done too, Hank. The binder we have is 5" think though, and very well organized for quick reference. wink.png

Yep, I believe we're ready now.

Edited by Sahs

Timeline

Can someone who has experience at the US Embassy Manila tell me what (if any) kind of hand bags an Applicant is allowed to bring all the paperwork in when they go for their interview? Thank you all..

Any handbags will do, just make sure she don't bring with her her any of the following- musical cards,food,fone, USB,cam,cigarrete,lighter,stapler and other electronic gadgets.

Best of luck to you both.

Timeline

Any handbags will do, just make sure she don't bring with her her any of the following- musical cards,food,fone, USB,cam,cigarrete,lighter,stapler and other electronic gadgets.

Thank you much! good.gif

Timeline

My wife found a memory stik in her bag when we got there, luckily it was before we were in line so we gave it to her sister. rolleyes.gif

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My wife found a memory stik in her bag when we got there, luckily it was before we were in line so we gave it to her sister. rolleyes.gif

We're considering going nude to insure we don't do the same... rofl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.