Mitch0526

Quick leave after marriage

119 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Alrighty, kid -

yer NOA-2 date was 11 April 2013.

IMO, you won't be up at GUZ IV till 18 June 2013 for packet 3 stuff.

You and your father have time.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dang, that's at least a couple weeks longer than I thought.

What I'm thinking now is, how long is the average time between the interview and the visa being issued? We are planning on flying out after July 25th if all goes to plan. If we get the visa any later, that's going to be pushing it.

I was also thinking, if we got denied late May or early June, that would give us time to pursue the tourist visa. Will we know right away during/after the interview if they accept us or deny us or does it take some more time?

Timeline

If someone could answer my above questions, that would be very helpful.

One more question: Do I need to fill out the I-134, or is my dad doing it adequate enough? Would it benefit me if I'm currently living in China and am not employed in the US and own nothing there?

Timeline

you are required to fill out the I-134 - there is no waiver thingie for you NOT to do this.

I say fill it out, showing you are unemployed in the USA (employment in China not matter for this evaluation)

and your father is the joint sponser, so he needs a full set of his own I-134.

I-134 count = 2, 1 on you, 1 on yer father.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks a lot...

What I'm thinking now is, how long is the average time between the interview and the visa being issued? We are planning on flying out after July 25th if all goes to plan. If we get the visa any later, that's going to be pushing it.

I was also thinking, if we got denied late May or early June, that would give us time to pursue the tourist visa. Will we know right away during/after the interview if they accept us or deny us or does it take some more time?

Do you know the answers to these?

Timeline

figure 3 days to 25 days - all depends on GUZ IV, their queue of who got in the queue prior to you.

re: denial - you'll know same day.

Filed: Timeline

Wow........mind blowing.............

I can answer that question. You could go with her to GZ and you could slip her your passport for the interview if she shows that it will give her some more credibility during the interview.

Ok the mind blowing bit.......Sadly, I must admit I am basically in the same boat as you. I also applied for the K-1 visa with intentions of just getting a marriage cert and returning to China. I guess what some people here don't realize is the difficulty of Chinese citizens applying for travel visas. At age 23 my fiancee doesn't own a car, a house, a dog, a nothing. I didn't know of any other options to get her to America to meet my family and friends other than the K-1, additionally we also planned to get married so it was a good fit.

Mitch I am hoping I could contact you directly to follow up with you, I have the same plan as you and am curious to see what happens with you.

So you are just going to continue on with the process? I agree with you in that it never says you must live in the U.S. What if you take her there and she freaks out, can't handle it, hates the food, thinks the people are weird.......then what is she chained to this foreign land? Jailed? #######, that just sounds like nonsense to me.

And from what I read on here, no you can't go in the interview with her. But like I said them seeing her with your passport scores you some points. I was planning to give my girl my phone too so she could show text messages to and from.

Timeline

FWIW, it's great for her to have YOUR PASSPORT in her hand - with a 'folded-lengthwise' evolution of relationship letter inside of it. Hand it over to the ViceConsul during the first 20 seconds of the interview, at the window.

Filed: Timeline

I suppose I am 1 step behind you, got a NOA that said she should be expecting the packet from GZ with details about the next steps.

You already have your interview scheduled?

Could you give me some clues as to what we will need to do with this packet? I believe she has to go to her hometown and get police record, a petition that says shes single and her birth cert, is that right? And some of that stuff and some other forms need to be notarized?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

this whole thread has my so confused..

and with that.. i will just sit back and watch..

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

We just completed the DS-230, so we might actually be in the same step. They haven't told us the date of the interview yet. Still waiting on that.

My fiance said she needs everything you mentioned, plus she just needs to make sure she brings her hu kou with her to the interview.

Timeline

told? you set it up yerself on ustraveldocs website.

hukuo not needed at interview.

hukuo is needed to generate:

1. birth certificate

2. single status certificate

3. police clearance certificate

then these 3 docs are translated into english ...

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.