macattack

15 approved petition everyday?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been over 20 a day recently for I-129F petitions, which is unusually/absurdly fast. VJ members only represent about 5-10% of all applicants per visa class, remember. Just a few weeks ago, we had 0 approvals per day for many many days (less approvals per month January-March than per day for the last week). At this rate, I've calculated that December should be roughly finished up in about 2.6 weeks, which means CSC will be operating within their 5 month timeframe again. If the current rate continues, of course.

Once the backlog is clear, CSC approvals will most likely drop again to a steady rate to keep in line with the 5 month goal.

To know that they are moving fast is really good news.

I can't really say I can't complain though because I am still waiting for my papers to get approved.

A day of waiting is like a month for us.

As far as I know since 2011 or something, they were really far behind and they have been random with applicants.

I agree it should be first come first serve. But I actually don't care, just as long as they can follow the time frame that everybody expected.

:((

Timeline

I don't think you realise the ####### CSC put filers through. Imagine filing in JULY 2012, and then, 8 months later, seeing NOV and DEC 2012 getting approved like mad... (applications 4-5 months AFTER YOU FILED). I'd rather be with a slow but predictable (first come, first served) filing centre, than one that is completely random and just ignores 3-4 months worth of I-129F applications just so they can whip their average back up to 5 months as fast as possible... Just saying...

I agree. :(

Should be first come first serve. I don't mean to be bitter. I am happy for those who got their NOA2 already but I hope they have worked on earlier filers.

Timeline

Not really overall. Just the result here in Igor List. It's kinda frustrating to see that they only approved 15 a day out of all the people registered here in Vj.

Remember we here at VJ are less than 20% of what actually happens at USCIS. Keep the faith and you will have an answer soon enough.

Also, Texax Lockbox is where you mailed your paperwork too, but which service center actually is processing your case, Cali or Vermont?

Timeline

I am sorry to hear and I hope your NOA2 comes to you this week. I think that CSC forgets that there are still alot of 8-9 month people waiting at VSC and they don't get to see 20-30+ approvals a day at VSC like CSC does....

But with them showing 5 month processing time on the website, you would be entitled to put in a service request then to possibly have action taken on your case. Also, a representative would be able to put added pressure for being outside their listed processing time frame.

But with them showing 5 month processing time on the website, you would be entitled to put in a service request then to possibly have action taken on your case. Also, a representative would be able to put added pressure for being outside their listed processing time frame.

Not when you call them up and they say you can't put a service request in as they're currently working on October 1st and "5 months is just a goal", like other members here have reported.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

we filed our petition in September,got our NOA1 on 19/092012,then from that time till now we've heard nothing this coming month on the 29th it will 8months and still waiting,its devastating,our case status when we check it online its still on `initial review` stage.......

Pray that it comes to you soon!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Timeline

"do you "optimistically by the numbers" think that November AND December will be done in 2.6 weeks??"

Nice to see the Empathy from CSC filers. LOL

My heart goes out to everyone going through this K-1 visa process. There are few things worse than 2 people deeply in love, wanting nothing more that to start their lives together - being separated by a lenghty, unpredictable, expensive, senseless, bureaucratic process. Let's be honest - in the end nearly all of our petitions and visas will be approved - but still we're all forced to jump through these hoops like trained poodles. It's like so many other processes in this world. All we can do is grin and bear it. Do everything you can to accelerate the process. Dot every i; cross every t. Have high hopes, but low expectations... and an endless reserve of patience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know why I even bother reading these threads, I just get annoyed. VCS is nowhere near their 5 months goal. Minimum 6 months without an RFE and most are getting stupid RFE's over not checking a box of "N/A". So at least 7 months. CSC is going through December's files already. While I feel bad for those still stuck from July-Sept-I think there must have been something really nuts going on at the centre for that to happen. (DACA cases, flood, july vacations-staff being low, etc) Yet the same thing is happening at VCS, they just haven't voiced the usual negativity you hear on here. There are definitely still files from that time frame still being processed.

VSC is slow. Yet it's CSC customers ALWAYS complaining on here. Pisses me off, we all have to wait. You aren't getting sympathy from me today. Gotta love (sarcastic) the "i would take slow and steady over unreliability"-until they get approved after 4 months...bet they change their mind then. Slow and steady just means we KNOW we have to wait longer than CSC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know why I even bother reading these threads, I just get annoyed. VCS is nowhere near their 5 months goal. Minimum 6 months without an RFE and most are getting stupid RFE's over not checking a box of "N/A". So at least 7 months. CSC is going through December's files already. While I feel bad for those still stuck from July-Sept-I think there must have been something really nuts going on at the centre for that to happen. (DACA cases, flood, july vacations-staff being low, etc) Yet the same thing is happening at VCS, they just haven't voiced the usual negativity you hear on here. There are definitely still files from that time frame still being processed.

VSC is slow. Yet it's CSC customers ALWAYS complaining on here. Pisses me off, we all have to wait. You aren't getting sympathy from me today. Gotta love (sarcastic) the "i would take slow and steady over unreliability"-until they get approved after 4 months...bet they change their mind then. Slow and steady just means we KNOW we have to wait longer than CSC.

Totally agree...The CSC was at 3-4 months approval rate then got a taste of a 6-9 month wait as VSC has had for a very long time. They then were VERY vocal on the threads over this, raising He**. VSC suddenly slows to 0-3, sometimes a whole 4-5 a day and they get 20-30+...a coincidence?

And then when VSC people start asking why they have just about stopped, CSC people chime right in to make their comments....

Timeline

From August 2012 to February 2013 the CSC has had a 100 day wait roughly (3-4 months). That's a seven month stretch of good fortune. They then climbed up to 200 day waits during the last 45-50 days. This wait is quickly evaporating due to 20-30+ approvals a day and will get back to 3-4 months wait in a matter of weeks or even days....

VSC has had a 200 day wait since August 2012 to present, recently VSC has slowed to a crawl that predicts an even longer wait, 9 months at least.

In summary,

VSC has had a 200 day wait (average) for 9 months and now will be longer.

CSC has had a 100 day wait for 7 of those 9 months. Two months at 200 days average (VSC average!), and now getting back to 3-4 month wait times.

But VSC people should not complain! (sarcasm inserted)

Timeline

There were around 15 approvals for VSC for the WHOLE week last week. There are roughly 200 unapproved petitions on VJ for Oct and Nov for VSC. It does not take much to realize at around 60 approvals a month, VSC will not get to December filers for another 3.3 months. That makes it August for December 2012 filers approvals at this rate (which has been going on for more than one week for VSC). Now, CSC will be working on January Filers very soon if you look at their numbers, after all, they have approved a large number of November and December and they will clear this lot within a few weeks. Well within the five month wait if you agree with the "zero" first month.

Before people attack me for comparing the two centers, take a look at some old threads that are titled "CSC vs VSC" or somewhere along those lines when CSC had their temporary slowdown. My point is we have to be able to use another center's numbers as a measuring stick, if it is possible to churn out 20-30+ a day, then why not churn out 1/2 or even a third of this for the other center? 2-5 or even "zero" approvals for the day is just creating a backlog that is growing fast for VSC.

We have been told at VSC that we can expect a five month wait...but the math argues otherwise. I count a roughly 9 month wait for VSC filers at their current wait time, and as I said, this slowdown, "crawl" has been current for more than just a week or two.

first you have very legitimate concerns. Second, nobody should be attacking you whatsoever for questioning the efficiency of any government agency. My suggestion would be to keep monitoring as you are and I would also encourage you and everyone else for that matter being processed through VSC to call and call and call and write your congressional representatives...to keep the heat on them. Otherwise, for sure they will no doubt slip back into sleep mode; which is always unacceptable....collect data...monitor data, report data and keep them honest. It's the only way the system will ever improve.

Timeline

first you have very legitimate concerns. Second, nobody should be attacking you whatsoever for questioning the efficiency of any government agency. My suggestion would be to keep monitoring as you are and I would also encourage you and everyone else for that matter being processed through VSC to call and call and call and write your congressional representatives...to keep the heat on them. Otherwise, for sure they will no doubt slip back into sleep mode; which is always unacceptable....collect data...monitor data, report data and keep them honest. It's the only way the system will ever improve.

Thanks!

I do appreciate your comments and think that if everyone were more active in this process, we would make some real changes to the system. But it all starts with a sounding board and people expressing their thoughts and struggles. I am doing my part. This week will be interesting to watch as far as numbers for the centers! I wish you a speedy approval!

We have been told at VSC that we can expect a five month wait...but the math argues otherwise. I count a roughly 9 month wait for VSC filers at their current wait time, and as I said, this slowdown, "crawl" has been current for more than just a week or two.

Interesting. How do you count a 9-month wait?

From August 2012 to February 2013 the CSC has had a 100 day wait roughly (3-4 months). That's a seven month stretch of good fortune. They then climbed up to 200 day waits during the last 45-50 days.

Where are you getting this information? It is simply wrong.

Edited by 2far

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.