Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Question about sponsors

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, my first time posting here as I've been lurking around the forums for awhile. I'm from Sweden and my husband is the US citizen

It is finally my turn to apply for AOS and I am currently really overwhelmed by these applications, my husband recently decided to go back to pursue a second degree and therefore quit his job so currently he does not make enough to sponsor me, we decided to use his father as a joint sponsor anyone know if the sponsor will be contacted either by mail or phone? He agreed to sponsor us but he did not wish to be bothered.

Also does he have to fill in both the i-864 and i-864a? How much proof of his income do we need to submit? We were only planning to send in a copy of his passport and copies of the past 3 years of tax return papers is that enough??

Thank you guys, I am so stressed over this sponsor thing, my student visa is expiring in a couple of weeks and finals weeks are coming up.. ugh :(

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I-864 is what both your husband and your joint sponsor will fill out. Yes a copy of the passport or birth certificate together with the taxes for the last year's should be fine. My joint sponsor actually only sent in taxes for one year and that was fine.

My husband on the other hand sent in his for the last 3 year's.

Your joint sponsor won't be bothered at all.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

if the father stays with u then am guessing it will be i864a but if not then its i864. they will not call the man but make sure u put the right documents and have him sign the form. u will need is proof of citizenship, and may be with a driving license, then irs transcript, w2, pay stubs and ur good to go.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.