milanomilano

I contact Memphis office, they said they dont have the file??!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I asked before about my wife case and why she did not received an appointment for her N400, and many said its another case or officer.

I sent our file to Dallas, TX, and we interview in TN,Memphis.

So that I sent mail to Memphis to get an update, the sent me back " your file is not at the Memphis office at this time. You will need to wait unit your interview scheduled and the file sent to the Memphis office."

So what that mean ?

I thought that Local officers scheduled the interviews !?,,,

or did some one else schedule the interviews and send them to Memphis ?

When I called USCIS they said we don't know when they will schedule the appointment !!!??

Any help please and any idea how the process done, because I'm confused.

Thank you

Edited by milanomilano

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Generally, Lockbox office does not send your file to local office directly. Lockbox office checks whether form is filled correctly or not and check with correct amount is included or not. Lockbox office then assigns the case number and then send its to NBC. NBC is the one who forwads your case to local field office. Looks like because of some reason you paper is still in NBC. Hopefully soon you will listen from your local field office.

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

Feb 17, 2012: Mailed I-130 Petition.

Feb 20, 2012: Received NOA 1 ( Priority Date Feb 18, 2012).

July 12, 2013: Requested USCIS to Upgrade petition from F2A to CR1.

July 27, 2013: USCIS sent confirmation email regarding upgrade.

July 29, 2013: I-130 Petition Approved dancin5hr.gifwow.gifdancin5hr.gifstar_smile.gifsmile.png

August 02, 2013: NOA 2 Received.

August 12, 2013: NVC Received the Petition

August 29, 2013: NVC Assigned the Case Number

September 4, 2013: AOS Bill Invoiced.

September 4, 2013: NVC requested to fill DS-261 via email.

September 4, 2013: Filed DS-261 online.

September 4, 2013: Paid AOS bill online.

September 6, 2013: NVC Accepted AOS bill payment.

September 6, 2013: Mailed I-864Ez to NVC

September 11, 2013: NVC Entered AOS Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

September 16, 2013: IV Bill Invoiced.

September 16, 2013: IV Bill Paid.

September 17, 2013: NVC Accepted IV Bill Payment.

September 19, 2013: Filed DS-260 Online

September 20, 2013: Mailed Civil Documents for IV application

September 23 ,2013 : NVC Entered Civil Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

October 1, 2013 : NVC Accepted AOS. smile.png

October 17, 2013: Case Complete smile.png

October 28, 2013: Interview Scheduled wow.gifdancin5hr.gif

December 11, 2013: Interview

December 26, 2013: Visa Received

January 4, 2014: POE, Chicago

Generally, Lockbox office does not send your file to local office directly. Lockbox office checks whether form is filled correctly or not and check with correct amount is included or not. Lockbox office then assigns the case number and then send its to NBC. NBC is the one who forwads your case to local field office. Looks like because of some reason you paper is still in NBC. Hopefully soon you will listen from your local field office.

My wife already have NBC* number, and we did our fingerprint in the same time. I recived my appointment time but she didnt, we will call Monday and ask to forward to second level to see what going on.

Thank you for your answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Misplaced files? For whatever reason, during our AOS process, my I-130 was misplaced for my stepdaughter. With all this confusion about immigration, did hire one of the top immigration attorneys for guidance, and said to make complete duplicates of everything we sent to the USCIS. I did have a duplicate of that I-130, send that in, but my stepdaughter received her conditional green card dated 45 days after her mom's.

During the ROC stage, heard nothing, even to the point of having to get an I-551 stamps in my wife's and stepdaughter's foreign passports. Called my immigration attorney for help, he said, he couldn't do anything, contact my senator. It was discovered that all I-751's were transferred from the Denver Service Center to California. And our file should be in California. I did have my duplicates on hand, but it took the USCIS two weeks to learn our file was still in Denver. A month later, we finally received those ten year green cards.

We always received our biometric notices from Missouri, somehow with these new lockboxes, ended up there, once done, that file, now three inches thick gets shipped to your assigned field office. And its your field office that schedules that interview. That went okay for us, but then we heard nothing about the oath ceremony for my wife. So I called my senators office again. This time they found my wife's file within two hours, they did apologized and were kind enough to email my wife's special oath ceremony three days later.

So tell me about misplaced files, suggest you contact your senators office. And hope you have a good one, least one with an immigration department.

Misplaced files? For whatever reason, during our AOS process, my I-130 was misplaced for my stepdaughter. With all this confusion about immigration, did hire one of the top immigration attorneys for guidance, and said to make complete duplicates of everything we sent to the USCIS. I did have a duplicate of that I-130, send that in, but my stepdaughter received her conditional green card dated 45 days after her mom's.

During the ROC stage, heard nothing, even to the point of having to get an I-551 stamps in my wife's and stepdaughter's foreign passports. Called my immigration attorney for help, he said, he couldn't do anything, contact my senator. It was discovered that all I-751's were transferred from the Denver Service Center to California. And our file should be in California. I did have my duplicates on hand, but it took the USCIS two weeks to learn our file was still in Denver. A month later, we finally received those ten year green cards.

We always received our biometric notices from Missouri, somehow with these new lockboxes, ended up there, once done, that file, now three inches thick gets shipped to your assigned field office. And its your field office that schedules that interview. That went okay for us, but then we heard nothing about the oath ceremony for my wife. So I called my senators office again. This time they found my wife's file within two hours, they did apologized and were kind enough to email my wife's special oath ceremony three days later.

So tell me about misplaced files, suggest you contact your senators office. And hope you have a good one, least one with an immigration department.

So if we call the USCIS can they know if the file in the correct place ????

Timeline

So if we call the USCIS can they know if the file in the correct place ????

I got nowhere contacting that 800 USCIS number, nor contacting that obudsman place. Only received quick action contacting my senator's office, Rebbeca was her name, she had all the correct phone numbers, emails, and knew exactly whom to talk to.

In appreciation, sent what I would consider a small campaign contribution, well a lot cheaper than my wife and I taking off work and driving 450 miles. In turn, we received a letter of invitation from our senator to have dinner with him, no further contributions were requested. These guys know how to eat, and both my wife and I had the opportunity to chat with him.

Ok, We called and transfered to the second level, and they said the case is in National Benefit Center, and they send to NBC to ask why the file is not moved to Memphis yet . They said they will send us to let as know and gave us a refrence number to call back.

I dont know what that mean, but I hope the NBC will send the file to Memphis.!!!!

Timeline

I believe the National Benefit Center located at:

USCIS-NBC
PO Box 648005
Lee’s Summit MO 64002

Is the place that sends out the biometric noticesm then after receiving the results sends your entire application to your local field office. It's my understanding that your field office has the final say whether you get your certificate or not, and by law, has 120 days to respond. Respond how? Take them to court. So why would they be sending your application back to the NBC? Kind of rings bells about the runaround I went through, when my wife's application was "misplaced" by our field office calling that 800 number.

Contacted my attorney on this, he suggested I contact my senator's office, that I did, and got very quick action.

I believe the National Benefit Center located at:

USCIS-NBC

PO Box 648005

Lee’s Summit MO 64002

Is the place that sends out the biometric noticesm then after receiving the results sends your entire application to your local field office. It's my understanding that your field office has the final say whether you get your certificate or not, and by law, has 120 days to respond. Respond how? Take them to court. So why would they be sending your application back to the NBC? Kind of rings bells about the runaround I went through, when my wife's application was "misplaced" by our field office calling that 800 number.

Contacted my attorney on this, he suggested I contact my senator's office, that I did, and got very quick action.

I sent an email to my state senator, and I recived an answer " It appears that for some reason your wife’s fingerprint clearance is not in her file." do you know what that mean, they told me that they are working to find the clearnce or ask her to re do the fingerprint.

Both ways I'm glad that I know what going on, at least I know what the problem. I think your idea about calling the senato was very very helpfull, thank you verymuch

Timeline

Sure sounds like another case of misplacing. NBC sends out the biometrics appointment, wait for the FBI clearance, when they get that forwarded to the local field office. Wive saw her file, was over three inches thick she said. More than likely stuck between all those pages.

Actually in our case, had three biometrics appointments with three FBI checks. Hopefully in your case, somebody will find that missing piece of paper, or maybe it was trashed. So may have to go through that biometrics again.

Sure sounds like another case of misplacing. NBC sends out the biometrics appointment, wait for the FBI clearance, when they get that forwarded to the local field office. Wive saw her file, was over three inches thick she said. More than likely stuck between all those pages.

Actually in our case, had three biometrics appointments with three FBI checks. Hopefully in your case, somebody will find that missing piece of paper, or maybe it was trashed. So may have to go through that biometrics again.

the only think I care about now is that we know whats goining on, and not waiting for another four months then they will say it missing.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

How did you contact the Memphis office? I have sent letters and e-mails and I have not gotten any reply from them since January 2013.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.