Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I've secured a financial sponsor for my fiancée and I.

How many tax statements do they need? Is it just the gross income that matters?

How much bank information?

What other type of documents are needed? Proof of real estate and its value? Trust fund? Any other income. Just photocopies of this proof.

What about stuff like cars? Loans? Credit Card bills?

My family is more than wiling to help me, but we're trying to figure out exactly everything that is needed.

Also, for Question number 11, what is the sponsor honestly does not intend to make specific contributions to my partner and I. Is it ok to check "do not intend," the idea being that we don't need assistance at the moment and don't foresee ourselves knowing it.

I guess that I'm looking for guidance as to how to get my sponsor to provide all the information that is needed...

Thanks so much. I know it's a big question!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You and your co-sponsor both fill out your own I-134 and provide your most recent IRS tax transcript(or a complete copy of return with all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s), letter from employer and most recent pay stub(s). The co-sponsor also needs to provide proof of being a USC or LPR.

If the co-sponsor has enough income to meet the requirement for their own household size plus the foreign fiance(e), then no need to list assets at all. Leave that part of the form blank. If you include assets, then yes, you need to documented proof of the value, that you own them, and whether or not there is a lien against them in order to get the net value. Assets are calculated at 3 times that of income. So, if you were lacking $2000 to meet the income requirement, then you would need a bare minimum of $6000 in assets to make up the difference. Read the I-864 instructions(even though using the I-134 for the K-1) for the best detailed instructions on assets and everything really.

For question #11, both of you can follow the example form here on VJ and not check either box and put N/A because this is for getting a K-1 that will be filing for permanent residency.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.