aanu

how long does it takes the file go back to NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many consulates hold the case especially for K1 ( to be sure they are expired ) Expect at least 2 months for it to get back, maybe 5. Once it is back they will tell you they need to review it and their standard tiimeline is 120 days. The rejection process is slow.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Many consulates hold the case especially for K1 ( to be sure they are expired ) Expect at least 2 months for it to get back, maybe 5. Once it is back they will tell you they need to review it and their standard tiimeline is 120 days. The rejection process is slow.

Mine is cr1 . i have not yet got any official denial letter from embassy but one e-mail which i got on 23 April from visa help desk it says that" after your interview and subsequent review of your case you was found ineligible for visa so case will send back to NVC"

and after that online status updated on 26 April that case is on Ap. one confusion is my case is on ap or denied? and i want to know the rest of the process.

Edited by aanu

Timeline

It apepars you were denied. The interviewing officer will write up a report of the interview and it is supposed to be reviewed by the lead officer. It is then shipped back in a pouch and sent to the original approving center. It is then put in line for a review. If they just disagree with the consulates finding you will get a notice that it is reaffirmed. If they agree that something is wrong they will send you a NOIR ( notice of intend to revoke) and you will have a very limited time to respond in a way that changes their mind. Do you have any clue what went wrong ?

Timeline

It apepars you were denied. The interviewing officer will write up a report of the interview and it is supposed to be reviewed by the lead officer. It is then shipped back in a pouch and sent to the original approving center. It is then put in line for a review. If they just disagree with the consulates finding you will get a notice that it is reaffirmed. If they agree that something is wrong they will send you a NOIR ( notice of intend to revoke) and you will have a very limited time to respond in a way that changes their mind. Do you have any clue what went wrong ?

we met----------through a matrimonial site in 2009 after my sister told me about him.

and married in ------2010 attended got two 221g sheets on interview day 16 December 2011

due to long court case of my daughter's guardianship i had submitted documents of 221g sheets on 13 December 2012 but i was not even succeed to submit guardianship document court took long time to finish the case but i had submitted one request letter to extend the time but embassy din't replied. after that i tried and sent the guardianship document in March 2013 through speed post to embassy directly but after many e-mails till today embassy had not informed me whether they have got those documents.the embassy asked me to submit the custody document but my daughter stays with me and no one is claiming her custody so as per law court awarded me guardianship. Do you think this is the reason of refusal cos i had failed to submit the document with in one year?

Two officials came at our area to and asked questions from our neighbors but one neighbor has said something wrong i feel so do you think this can be the reason of denial.?

And i am an Indian lady and my hubby is American man(not Indian white man) is it the reason?

as i have spent 13 years in Uganda my thinking is not like Indians i found a genuine person ,loves me and i got married with an American man. do you think it can be a reason?

Timeline

From what you have said it is most likely some information that your neighbors provided. Not doing anything for a year can cause a petition to be closed but they should have worded that refusal differently. Did they give any codes about why they can't issue you a visa ? Do you have any ex husband ? Do you "see" any male in any way that the neighbor may think you are married to someone there ? If you are not totally sure about what happened , think very hard about the most probable reasons . Make an explanaion of those. When they send a NOIR you have so little time to respond you want to be ready

Timeline

From what you have said it is most likely some information that your neighbors provided. Not doing anything for a year can cause a petition to be closed but they should have worded that refusal differently. Did they give any codes about why they can't issue you a visa ? Do you have any ex husband ? Do you "see" any male in any way that the neighbor may think you are married to someone there ? If you are not totally sure about what happened , think very hard about the most probable reasons . Make an explanaion of those. When they send a NOIR you have so little time to respond you want to be ready

Hi thanks for advising me. i have doubt on my neighbor cos the same day she came to our home to say sorry about what she told them------the lady immigration officer asked her by showing my husband's photo that do you recognize him and have you seen him here ?she said no i have not seen and i don't know who is this person and much more.

secondly , after my interview i filed one court case regarding the guardianship of my daughter and every month i was sending e-mails to inform the embassy that the court has given me this date and as i will get the document from court i will submit it .yes, due to delay from court in my daughter's guardianship case i was failed to submit the document of my daughter with in one year time limit but when i had submitted rest of documents i had submitted one request letter to grant me more time to submit this document but embassy had not sent any information about it.

my husband sent one e-mail to vfs (visa help desk) and they replied :

"With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, you may check the reason in the letter provided to you after the Consulate/Embassy interview by visa officer"

It means that embassy has refused to issue visa cos i failed to submit the 221g asked document regarding my daughter's guardianship with in one year time limit.?

i have not yet got any official denial letter from the embassy just got one e-mail according to this e-mail the

Timeline

Not having custody of your daughter would mean that she couldn't be given a visa but should not prevent you from getting a visa. The procedure sees you as separate people. It could be that your case lingered too long. If your interview statement said your case needed further processing and your neighbor said they had never seen your husband that may make them think it is a relation for immigration purposes.

Timeline

Not having custody of your daughter would mean that she couldn't be given a visa but should not prevent you from getting a visa. The procedure sees you as separate people. It could be that your case lingered too long. If your interview statement said your case needed further processing and your neighbor said they had never seen your husband that may make them think it is a relation for immigration purposes.

In my divorce judgment sheet it is clearly mentioned that my daughter is living under my care and custody. my divorce case finalized as single party .and when embassy asked for the court order regarding the custody of my daughter i went to court and got information that no custody case can be filed if the child is already with the person who wants the custody and if no one else is claiming the custody so a case of Guardianship was filed and i am the legal guardian of my daughter and even this case i have won as single party ex-party my ex-husband din't come in both cases so court has given me this right in his absence and it is mentioned that in the absence of the biological father the right goes to the mother. I am an Indian citizen and my country laws will be applicable on me.

send me advise in this regard .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.