235 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Im sorry to hear that Ramsey, I hoping too its also a computer glitch here is the email I hope it serves you guys , csc_ncsc_followup@dhs.gov the tier 2 said it was csc (dash)ncsc(dash), im just not sure which on of those 3 is the correct dash / _ - so i sent out 3 emails hope u guys are better on spelling than I am , good luck to all of us and lets hope for a NOA2 to come soon!!!1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Takeo! I am trying to be as patient as I can. I sincerely hope that it is just a computer glitch and that they actually are still reviewing my RFE (almost 3 weeks now since they got it). I contacted the USCIS 2 times so far today to speak with a Tier 2, the first one was completely unhelpful, mean and so rude, she closed the phone in my face and I was being so nice and reasonable. The 2nd Tier 2 I talked to (keep in mind I waited about 1 hr 30 min each time) was a lot more helpful and understanding, however he could not really tell me if this RFE is the same as the original that was sent in or if it is actually a new RFE. He said that he worked in the CSC before and that if I got a reply saying the received my evidence, then they are definitely reviewing it. If it is a re-maling, then that doesn't mean the notice is a deal breaker, it is just that the office assistant has to send those out when I make a request.

I'm still pretty confused but at least he helped me a little bit. I am praying for a quick adjudication/decision so that I may move on to the next step of the process.

Takeo, has your package arrived in Tokyo yet? My uncle was telling me it is a good idea for your fiance to do all her medical exams before the interview so she can schedule it right away.

Hi Ramsey,

When my I129F was delayed, I never called because I never heard of a successful phone call. It almost sounds like their job is to tell people, that they are within the processing times, or, it hasn't been 60 days yet, yada yada yada. They have outiright lied to people and I just knew it would be more frustrating for me to call. Contacting my Senator's office wasn't much help either. At first they appeared very helpful, but in the end, they really weren't.

As for my case, I read about how to track the case from NVC to the embassy using the DHL website. I guess people have figured out a way to guess which is your mailing if you have the ship date. NVC said 5/22, so I did the search and found 1 package leaving the NVC on 5/22 to Tokyo. It arrived on 5/28, not sure if it's Japan date or US date, but either way, it's at the Tokyo embassy.

My fiance is flying later this year, probably September, so there is no immediate rush for her to get the interview ASAP. In fact, I think if she does her medical eval later, it may also be used for the green card process, so she says anyway. I'm visiting in a few weeks, so I will hand carry the financial support statement, letter of intent, copies of the NOA2, etc. It's nice to take a breather and not feel so rushed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Im sorry to hear that Ramsey, I hoping too its also a computer glitch here is the email I hope it serves you guys , csc_ncsc_followup@dhs.gov the tier 2 said it was csc (dash)ncsc(dash), im just not sure which on of those 3 is the correct dash / _ - so i sent out 3 emails hope u guys are better on spelling than I am , good luck to all of us and lets hope for a NOA2 to come soon!!!1

Thanks for the e-mail lovelylovegia, I just sent them my story now and I'm hoping they reply in a timely manner. I also contacted the Ombudsman hoping that maybe he can shed some light on this issue. Good luck to you as well and I am praying for a quick NOA2 for us.

Hi Ramsey,

When my I129F was delayed, I never called because I never heard of a successful phone call. It almost sounds like their job is to tell people, that they are within the processing times, or, it hasn't been 60 days yet, yada yada yada. They have outiright lied to people and I just knew it would be more frustrating for me to call. Contacting my Senator's office wasn't much help either. At first they appeared very helpful, but in the end, they really weren't.

As for my case, I read about how to track the case from NVC to the embassy using the DHL website. I guess people have figured out a way to guess which is your mailing if you have the ship date. NVC said 5/22, so I did the search and found 1 package leaving the NVC on 5/22 to Tokyo. It arrived on 5/28, not sure if it's Japan date or US date, but either way, it's at the Tokyo embassy.

My fiance is flying later this year, probably September, so there is no immediate rush for her to get the interview ASAP. In fact, I think if she does her medical eval later, it may also be used for the green card process, so she says anyway. I'm visiting in a few weeks, so I will hand carry the financial support statement, letter of intent, copies of the NOA2, etc. It's nice to take a breather and not feel so rushed.

Takeo, you are totally right. Sometimes it feels like a phone call just makes things worse and aggravates me even more, especially when I speak to a Tier 2 who is rude (that happened to me this morning). I hope your journey goes well, and I hope my prayers are answered because it is making me really sad :(

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Ramsey, I understand your sadness and frustration. Although there seems to be nothing you can do to move this along, I realize how stressful it is. I can only hope that by looking at the big picture (a lifetime with your beloved), these extra weeks will seem not as important as they currently feel. I hope you find some peace soon.

Timeline

Ramsey, I understand your sadness and frustration. Although there seems to be nothing you can do to move this along, I realize how stressful it is. I can only hope that by looking at the big picture (a lifetime with your beloved), these extra weeks will seem not as important as they currently feel. I hope you find some peace soon.

jenafid, thanks for your support, you are totally right that a lifetime with my beloved is so much greater than this long wait that I am experiencing with the USCIS. That is what my fiance keeps telling me too, that it could always be worse. I am praying for the best and hope your journey goes great and you get your visa soon so that you may be reunited with your loved one :)

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline

Hey everyone,

So I just wanted to give you an update on my case. Unfortunately, the USCIS and CSC continue to be highly incompetent on my case. I received my 2nd RFE on Saturday, and just sent it out this morning (apparently this time they want a letter of intent). I don't understand why they wouldn't just say that in the first RFE and save me about a month of nerve-racking frustration. Anyways, they should be receiving my reply by noon tomorrow so that's not a problem. The problem is that I just received a text/e-mail saying that they updated my case status and when that happened, I went to check My Case Status on www.uscis.gov and this is what I found:

On June 3, 2013, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from June 3, 2013, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

What on earth are they talking about? What could be the meaning of that? Is this just an error? or did they mistake me with someone else? I am on hold right now to speak with a Tier 2 ISO to clarify what happened but it just frustrates me so much how a branch of the US government could be this stupid.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline

Hey everyone,

So I just wanted to give you an update on my case. Unfortunately, the USCIS and CSC continue to be highly incompetent on my case. I received my 2nd RFE on Saturday, and just sent it out this morning (apparently this time they want a letter of intent). I don't understand why they wouldn't just say that in the first RFE and save me about a month of nerve-racking frustration. Anyways, they should be receiving my reply by noon tomorrow so that's not a problem. The problem is that I just received a text/e-mail saying that they updated my case status and when that happened, I went to check My Case Status on www.uscis.gov and this is what I found:

On June 3, 2013, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from June 3, 2013, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

What on earth are they talking about? What could be the meaning of that? Is this just an error? or did they mistake me with someone else? I am on hold right now to speak with a Tier 2 ISO to clarify what happened but it just frustrates me so much how a branch of the US government could be this stupid.

I was happy to hear that you finally got your hard copy for the second RFE. I can't believe they didn't ask for the letter of intent during the first RFE. Didn't someone say they hired new workers to help with the CSC backlog, if so, I can only guess how many errors the new workers are making.

That message you go it weird, just when you thought, okay, second reply done, you get that! I really hope you get answers today. Hang in there! Keep us updated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Hey Ramsey, any news? Hope they get it corrected.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Hey Ramsey, any news? Hope they get it corrected.

JD&Coconut, thanks for asking buddy :) So, after speaking with a Tier 2, apparently these is a "glitch in the system that many applicants are experiencing". He said that I should disregard that status update and to wait until I get my RFE reply. What I sent them was very simple, and straight-to-the-point. Basically 2 letters of intent, signed by my fiance & I. Hopefully the fact that they are that simple makes them process it faster. I'm just really bummed that I would get 2 RFE's....I think that's a very rare occurrence and should never happen if the CSC officers knew what they were doing.

Any updates on your RFE reply?!?

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline

JD&Coconut, thanks for asking buddy smile.png So, after speaking with a Tier 2, apparently these is a "glitch in the system that many applicants are experiencing". He said that I should disregard that status update and to wait until I get my RFE reply. What I sent them was very simple, and straight-to-the-point. Basically 2 letters of intent, signed by my fiance & I. Hopefully the fact that they are that simple makes them process it faster. I'm just really bummed that I would get 2 RFE's....I think that's a very rare occurrence and should never happen if the CSC officers knew what they were doing.

Glad to hear that Ramsey! Hopefully you'll get your long awaited NOA2 in less than 2 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

JD&Coconut, thanks for asking buddy smile.png So, after speaking with a Tier 2, apparently these is a "glitch in the system that many applicants are experiencing". He said that I should disregard that status update and to wait until I get my RFE reply. What I sent them was very simple, and straight-to-the-point. Basically 2 letters of intent, signed by my fiance & I. Hopefully the fact that they are that simple makes them process it faster. I'm just really bummed that I would get 2 RFE's....I think that's a very rare occurrence and should never happen if the CSC officers knew what they were doing.

Still waiting, case status hasn't changed since 05/23. :(

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

im sorry to hear that ramsey did u email the uscis ?i still havent received anything, i dont even know if they got my RFE :(...but im still keeping the faith it will come soon this is just been a stressfull ride

Timeline

Still waiting, case status hasn't changed since 05/23. sad.png

I see, they are taking quite a long time to make a decision on RFE's for some reason? I just sincerely hope that you don't get a 2nd RFE because I wouldn't want anyone to go through that. Hang in there buddy!

im sorry to hear that ramsey did u email the uscis ?i still havent received anything, i dont even know if they got my RFE sad.png...but im still keeping the faith it will come soon this is just been a stressfull ride

lovelylovegia, I did e-mail the USCIS, I haven't received anything back from them either :( I'm praying that they got your RFE because this is completely ridiculous, how do they expect you to move forward with your case if you can't find out information on where you stand. It could be so frustrating sometimes, we just have to keep our faith, be patient and hope that we hear some good news soon. Did you make a copy of your RFE reply package?

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline

yes i did im thinking im just going to mail it again but this time with the ups, and a letter telling them why im sending again the letter, i also email them but i havent got any response, im tring to be the most positive that i can my fiancee told me thta it seems theres 2 type of scenarios the one where it goes fast and smooth and the one where it takes a looong time and with complications i guess thats our route, which sucks :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.