duraaraa

Drones, and the victims they cause

151 posts in this topic

So killing innocents is ok if they are from a nation that attacked us directly? So the US should have been condemned for their participation in Europe during WWII? Lots of civilians died there.

Who is saying that the killing of innocents is "okay"?

I see it as, unfortunately, inevitable in war.

Filed: Timeline

You wouldn't stand a chance. Pizzing on God does not get you elected around here.

I don't know that I would necessarily lose if I were given a hypothetical chance. I have a history of performing, so I have developed charisma.

I would say that people's freedom to believe in God or not to is part of what makes the country a good place.

Regardless, I don't plan to run for president in this life :P

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

I would say that people's freedom to believe in God or not to is part of what makes the country a good place.

Agreed. However, if you were to come out and say you do NOT believe in God, you would lose. Unfortunate, but accurate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed. However, if you were to come out and say you do NOT believe in God, you would lose. Unfortunate, but accurate.

I started a thread on the subject.

So killing innocents is ok if they are from a nation that attacked us directly? So the US should have been condemned for their participation in Europe during WWII? Lots of civilians died there.

Nations fight wars and civilians die. That's the way it is and that's the way it has been. What justifies or dropping bombs on Pakistan or Yemen? That's an act of war that we perform unprovoked by these nations. That makes us the aggressor. I have a problem with that.

Who is saying that the killing of innocents is "okay"?

I see it as, unfortunately, inevitable in war.

Mr. Big Dog said attacking Japan was ok because they attacked us and we were at war with them. We are not at war with Pakistan. So we were right for fighting Japan but wrong for what we do in Pakistan. I understand his point.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Nations fight wars and civilians die. That's the way it is and that's the way it has been. What justifies or dropping bombs on Pakistan or Yemen? That's an act of war that we perform unprovoked by these nations. That makes us the aggressor. I have a problem with that.

In the case of Pakistan, there has been cooperation. We are attacking our enemies that reside in these countries and I understand your point about us not being at war with them and it is an act of aggression. But it seems to be implied that we are intentionally targeting civilians and I don't believe that is the case.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

In the case of Pakistan, there has been cooperation. We are attacking our enemies that reside in these countries and I understand your point about us not being at war with them and it is an act of aggression. But it seems to be implied that we are intentionally targeting civilians and I don't believe that is the case.

I don't think we're doing that intentionally. Civilian casualties are clearly against our interest. Those that say we intentionally target them ought to take it to The Tin Foil Thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think Pakistani govt. secretly likes these drone strikes. We're doing their dirty work for them. Of course they can't come out publicly and say that.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

They did allow us to base drones there. That sounds like cooperation to me.

Yeah I forgot about that. I think they made us take them out. At least that's what they told everyone.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I have no idea. The title of this topic seems to suggest that drones are causing the deaths. What is really being condemned is any type of bombing or attacked against an enemy where there is any possibility that someone other than those specifically targeted get killed or injured. So logically, people aren't against drone strikes, they are against any strike at all.

Perfectly said. I have a problem with widely inaccurate logic. I will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of indiscriminate air strikes. However to prattle on about being anti drone because it's the chic cause celeb off the moment is ignorant.

.... The fact that the U.S. doesn't really mind killing 176+ children in Pakistan gives me nausea when I pay my taxes....

Would the fact that Porkistan has more than once killed far more than that number (and in ways far cruder than drones) mitigate it somewhat?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Would the fact that Porkistan has more than once killed far more than that number (and in ways far cruder than drones) mitigate it somewhat?

No. It doesn't matter the country. Kids have a right to grow up without being murdered.

What would Xenu do?