5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Ok...I'm applying for adjustment of status through marriage. I originally entered the US as a student. My I94 card said duration of stay. Then I received H1B status and received another I94 card (expires 9/22/2014). THEN my husband and I went on our honeymoon and when we returned I received another I94 card which also expires 9/22/2014. My question is when filling out the I-130 and I-485, which I94 card number to I put down? My last entry into the US was the honeymoon, which is the third I94 card. But my original status was F1 student, so do I write down that number when it asks how I originally enter the US (on the I-130 form)? Ugh!!! I know you're supposed to surrender these cards, right? I just don't think this third one has any importance because the immigration officer wasn't even really sure what he was supposed to do with it! And I already had a I94 card from my H1B status! Help!

Don't worry about it. You can mail them in with a letter explaining that they weren't picked up, if you want, and detailing when you left in each case, if that makes you feel better. But I'm actually shocked you even got any. Your details are on the manifests of the planes and/or ships you left the US on. The information about when you left is automatically loaded into some system somewhere. Don't get too worked up about it.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OP is not filing for a spousal visa. Moved from spousal visa forums to adjustment of status from work student tourist.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So what should I put on the I-130 when it asks how I first entered the US. Student and the asociated I94 number? or should I put my H1B I94 number? And when it asks my last entry and I94 number should I put the honeymoon return I94? See how it gets more complicated. lol I want to just put my H1B I94 card number on all of it because I feel like thats the most important one.

I think if you read again you will see they are asking about your most recent entry.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.