5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

have greencard for 2 year with condition. Happened abuse (husband treated to destroy papers at that moment so police come; I also wasn't aloud to work, have ssn, driving and all this stuff, no phone, no friends, insults and misery) so cops moved me to shelter. Right now awaiting for TPO for 1 year hearing and he filed divorce, i just got papers about it.

I'm going to file removal of condition with waver that there was abuse in a family so i'm filing alone.

should I wait for divorce? if i file now while married, will ot be ok than till time of interview I will have divorce? And how much is important that divorce will be with mark "abuse" ( he don't want sign abuse, he willing give me fast but clear divorce) but we are in court now fighting for me having tpo for year against him.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you will file based in abuse you do not need a divorce decree, but you need to have substantial proof showing you were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty.When waiting adjudication of your case your divorce is finalized you don't have to submit the divorce decree since it's not mandatory to have a divorce decree filing I-751 based in DV.

You can file divorce based in abuse as well, it's up to you and if you State allows that.It's not mandatory to have a divorce finalized in abuse since you don't need to be divorced to file Vawa as I said before.

• 2 weeks later...

If you will file based in abuse you do not need a divorce decree, but you need to have substantial proof showing you were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty.When waiting adjudication of your case your divorce is finalized you don't have to submit the divorce decree since it's not mandatory to have a divorce decree filing I-751 based in DV.

You can file divorce based in abuse as well, it's up to you and if you State allows that.It's not mandatory to have a divorce finalized in abuse since you don't need to be divorced to file Vawa as I said before.

right

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.