mimiiw

Desperatelly worried and wanting to go back to Algeria

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

:( Hi everyone, Im new here. I may not post too often yet, but i do read all the posts. I am also involved in the long process of bringing my new husband over from Algeria. We married over there on March 01 of this year.

I just need to write down what im feeling because no one here really understands me. I hadnt heard from my husband for quite a few days. Ive been trying to telephone his mobile phone over and over and over again. 2 days ago, I finally reached his office and you know how it is there, they tell you to call his cell phone! but when i finally managed to get out that i couldnt get thru, the colleague finally tells me that he fell a few days ago and has a head injury!! :o but "cest pas grave, c'est pas grave! Thats all i know, i just cant get thru to him. Im sure its because, if he is injured and incapacitated. he cant get out to get a new phone card -my mother n law only speaks kabyle; and I cant seem to get ahold of anyone else at the moment.

Im so worried. I keep telling myself that hopefully he is in the process of recovering? But i just dont know. I desperately want to go back -last minute wont be cheap -but hey. Ive been arguing with that consulate of Algeria -they keep telling me i have to have an invitation letter besides the copy of my mariage certificate -i cant make him understand that how can my husband fax me the invitation letter if he has a head injury???

Im soooo worried and depressed, He's soo far away. If it turned out to be worse, I wouldnt know and i wouldnt even be able to rush by his side because of all the red tape with the consulate to make things worse!

I just feel like crying because i cant get thru at the moment.

Thank you for listening.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What a horrible position to be in! If you need to talk, PM me and I'll listen. I know there is nothing else I can do.

Icey (a member who used to post here) could speak some Kaybile. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her and see if she could help?

No.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
:( Hi everyone, Im new here. I may not post too often yet, but i do read all the posts. I am also involved in the long process of bringing my new husband over from Algeria. We married over there on March 01 of this year.

I just need to write down what im feeling because no one here really understands me. I hadnt heard from my husband for quite a few days. Ive been trying to telephone his mobile phone over and over and over again. 2 days ago, I finally reached his office and you know how it is there, they tell you to call his cell phone! but when i finally managed to get out that i couldnt get thru, the colleague finally tells me that he fell a few days ago and has a head injury!! :o but "cest pas grave, c'est pas grave! Thats all i know, i just cant get thru to him. Im sure its because, if he is injured and incapacitated. he cant get out to get a new phone card -my mother n law only speaks kabyle; and I cant seem to get ahold of anyone else at the moment.

Im so worried. I keep telling myself that hopefully he is in the process of recovering? But i just dont know. I desperately want to go back -last minute wont be cheap -but hey. Ive been arguing with that consulate of Algeria -they keep telling me i have to have an invitation letter besides the copy of my mariage certificate -i cant make him understand that how can my husband fax me the invitation letter if he has a head injury???

Im soooo worried and depressed, He's soo far away. If it turned out to be worse, I wouldnt know and i wouldnt even be able to rush by his side because of all the red tape with the consulate to make things worse!

I just feel like crying because i cant get thru at the moment.

Thank you for listening.

Ummm... may I be of some help? I just got back from Algerie... also married to an Algerien.. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi.. just came across this thread. ... hope you get some good words about your honey. My prayers for you both. ..

I know how frustrating the not being able to reach your loved one is. Last year Janak was in a motorcycle accident... it took 5 days until he was able to get word to me. His mobile was crushed, he broke his leg in two places etc.. finally was co-herant enough to tell his brother to get him a phone.. got word as soon as he could but until that time i was scared out of my gourd..

Since then we have a message saved on his phone that any of the family members (that dont speak english) would be able to send. Once you go tru the inability to communicate to get enough of a message you desperately try and figure out a message system so it doesnt happen.

I think it is one of the most terrifying feelings out there not knowing... ..

.... think positive.. you will get word from him soon.. ... ... (F)

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wow, I am so sorry to hear of this! Whenever the phones were down in Algeria before my husband came over, I always had horrible "what-if" thoughts. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Do any of your in-laws speak arabic? I'm sure my husband or someone else's husband on this forum would be glad to call and talk to one of your family members on your behalf, if you think it would help. He doesn't speak kabylie, though, so I don't know if that would do any good. Do you live near a university? Maybe there is someone there who can speak Kabylie who could translate for you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your husband.

Oh, and I e-mailed Jamie (Iceyspots) to see if she could help since both she and her SO speak Kaybile. I will let you know if I hear anything from her.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

And to think my husband thinks I am silly if he isn't online at his usual time and he doesn't answer his cell. I tell him that I get scared and he tells me I worry about nothing, that nothing will happen to him. Yeah right! I have seen the drivers there! Not only that, 2 of his friends have died in auto accidents since I met him. Why am I scared???? :huh:

I hope everything is okay.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
And to think my husband thinks I am silly if he isn't online at his usual time and he doesn't answer his cell. I tell him that I get scared and he tells me I worry about nothing, that nothing will happen to him. Yeah right! I have seen the drivers there! Not only that, 2 of his friends have died in auto accidents since I met him. Why am I scared???? :huh:

They do drive crazy in maroc. Omar's sister died in a car crash a week before she was going to get married. Their other sisters were in the back seat but they survived. His sister's fiance was driving. he survived as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They do drive crazy in maroc. Omar's sister died in a car crash a week before she was going to get married. Their other sisters were in the back seat but they survived. His sister's fiance was driving. he survived as well.

That is so sad. :crying:

The same thing happend to my husbands sister Hasna. She was with her fiance as well, but they both died. It nearly destroyed him. This was before I met him though.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.