chrisclassic

POLICE CERTIFICATE ........... NO LIVE TRACE ??????

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello fellow vjers :)

a quick question and it goes like this

i just got my acpo records and it says no live trace ???? i have never been arrested but asked to go to the station for questioning about a traffic cone incident lol

the story goes about 6/7 years ago on halloween night we decided to pick up as many abandoned traffic cones and fill up 2 cars worth i was currently sleeping at the time when we got pulled over we were never arrested but was told to take them out and were let away anyways 4 weeks later and was asked to go to our local police station for questioning so all of us went and sat around and got questioned anyway i got board and said yes we did pick the cones and put them in the car we were never charged or convicted or even fined just only cautioned i just wondered if you think this will be a bad thing for a k1 if not please could you help in what i should do to declare it seen as it was a long time ago and was never convicted

apart from this i have never had any trouble with the police

so yeah my record so no live trace what do i need to do to let the embassy know about this case cheers

Hello fellow vjers :)

a quick question and it goes like this

i just got my acpo records and it says no live trace ???? i have never been arrested but asked to go to the station for questioning about a traffic cone incident lol

the story goes about 6/7 years ago on halloween night we decided to pick up as many abandoned traffic cones and fill up 2 cars worth i was currently sleeping at the time when we got pulled over we were never arrested but was told to take them out and were let away anyways 4 weeks later and was asked to go to our local police station for questioning so all of us went and sat around and got questioned anyway i got board and said yes we did pick the cones and put them in the car we were never charged or convicted or even fined just only cautioned i just wondered if you think this will be a bad thing for a k1 if not please could you help in what i should do to declare it seen as it was a long time ago and was never convicted

apart from this i have never had any trouble with the police

so yeah my record so no live trace what do i need to do to let the embassy know about this case cheers

Yes, a caution shows as "no live trace". Contact the police station where the incident happened and inquire about how to get the records of what happened. You will need the record to submit with your paperwork and probably a copy at the interview.

A better resource for UK police certificate information specifically is the BritishExpats forum, where lots of people in your same position have posted. Go to the USA forum and do a search there.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Yes, a caution shows as "no live trace". Contact the police station where the incident happened and inquire about how to get the records of what happened. You will need the record to submit with your paperwork and probably a copy at the interview.

A better resource for UK police certificate information specifically is the BritishExpats forum, where lots of people in your same position have posted. Go to the USA forum and do a search there.

will it effect me in getting a visa even if i do all this ????

will it effect me in getting a visa even if i do all this ????

Affect your visa process, possibly. It basically gives you an extra hoop to jump through. Since a caution is not an arrest and the offense is probably not down as theft or a drug-related offense, it is probably not a crime of moral turpitude (CIMT) and you will just have to prove records on what the disposition of the case was.

However, I have to tell you to be careful. Since you reported to the station and were questioned, it sounds to me like you might possibly have been arrested, even if nothing more came of it. In several years, a petty crime would have dropped off the radar in the UK, but the US will still want to know what happened. You had better contact the police and find out for sure what it was put down as.

If you were not convicted, then it will probably go OK. You just have to make sure you get the official statement of what happened in your case.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Affect your visa process, possibly. It basically gives you an extra hoop to jump through. Since a caution is not an arrest and the offense is probably not down as theft or a drug-related offense, it is probably not a crime of moral turpitude (CIMT) and you will just have to prove records on what the disposition of the case was.

However, I have to tell you to be careful. Since you reported to the station and were questioned, it sounds to me like you might possibly have been arrested, even if nothing more came of it. In several years, a petty crime would have dropped off the radar in the UK, but the US will still want to know what happened. You had better contact the police and find out for sure what it was put down as.

If you were not convicted, then it will probably go OK. You just have to make sure you get the official statement of what happened in your case.

well i can say nothing happened in my case no court proceedings nothing its just on record so okay i will jump right on that and get it done

A caution is like pleading guilty to a minor charge to save having to do the full court thing. No live trace means you have a conviction. Order a Subject Access Report from ACPO which will detail the event for the interviewing officer. It won't cause a denial, but not having the written details will get a 221(g) refusal until you provide the Subject Access Report.

There's some posts in the UK Forum concerning this. Here's two--

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5135922

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421930-no-live-trace/

The second one was updated today. The UK forum is a good place to ask questions about London interview matters.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

A caution is like pleading guilty to a minor charge to save having to do the full court thing. No live trace means you have a conviction. Order a Subject Access Report from ACPO which will detail the event for the interviewing officer. It won't cause a denial, but not having the written details will get a 221(g) refusal until you provide the Subject Access Report.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5135922

The second one was updated today. The UK forum is a good place to ask questions about London interview matters.

Awesome, thanks. I knew there was something the OP needed to look into.

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

awesome thanks i was worried about getting denied for such a small case along time ago cheers my friend

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

so even if it was petty theft of traffic cones and admitted to if i at the interview show this through records i will be okay im really worried now

so even if it was petty theft of traffic cones and admitted to if i at the interview show this through records i will be okay im really worried now

It really depends on the maximum sentence you could have got if they threw the book at you. If the maximum penalty was no or a short period of jail time, you're probably still OK. If they determine that it was a CIMT (crime involving moral turpitide), something that is not totally clear in a case of petty theft, then you will file for a waiver. Don't worry, lots of people get waivers.

Edited by speedwell

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

It really depends on the maximum sentence you could have got if they threw the book at you. If the maximum penalty was no or a short period of jail time, you're probably still OK. If they determine that it was a CIMT (crime involving moral turpitide), something that is not totally clear in a case of petty theft, then you will file for a waiver. Don't worry, lots of people get waivers.

well thats the thing they said it would be no sentance no fine just wanted us to admit to having the cones in the car the time we got pulled over ............ does that clear more up ????

well thats the thing they said it would be no sentance no fine just wanted us to admit to having the cones in the car the time we got pulled over ............ does that clear more up ????

Yes, it's perfectly clear that something is fishy. I've seen other people who thought they were sorting things amicably, only to find later that they had a conviction posted against them. It could be a mistake, or it could be that you were lied to. Your conviction is the only thing the US will care about.

Edited by speedwell

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

well im going to be honest and put it on my forms that i have admited to it and get a copy of subject access report to takr do you think il be good then if im upfront and i have been so far

Yes, it's perfectly clear that something is fishy. I've seen other people who thought they were sorting things amicably, only to find later that they had a conviction posted against them. It could be a mistake, or it could be that you were lied to. Your conviction is the only thing the US will care about.

well im going to be honest and put it on my forms that i have admited to it and get a copy of subject access report to takr do you think il be good then if im upfront and i have been so far

That is what you should do, please, be upfront and honest. They know you're nervous and ashamed of the record. They see it all the time. Let them make the decision. Then you'll know how to proceed after that. Even if they throw an obstacle in your path this time, it is not the end of the line.

LATEST STEPS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.