bgreen19

NBI for only 6 months????

14 posts in this topic

Can someone clarify this for me...My wife just got her NBI clearance and she says that the expiration date is only for 6 months from now. Everything I've read says they are good from 1 year of the date they are issued for immigration. Does the expiration date on her NBI not matter or is there some kind of mistake???? The US Embassy Manila website even says they are good for 1 year from the date of issuance. So why would it have an expiration date 6 months from the day she got it??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can someone clarify this for me...My wife just got her NBI clearance and she says that the expiration date is only for 6 months from now. Everything I've read says they are good from 1 year of the date they are issued for immigration. Does the expiration date on her NBI not matter or is there some kind of mistake???? The US Embassy Manila website even says they are good for 1 year from the date of issuance. So why would it have an expiration date 6 months from the day she got it??

Hi. for the interview, it should not be older than 6months since it was issued to her... it should be a latest copy.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is the NBI green or yellow? Should be green - for travel abroad.

It is possible that NBI changed the expiration time for the clearance, life is change.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Is the NBI green or yellow? Should be green - for travel abroad.

It is possible that NBI changed the expiration time for the clearance, life is change.

yellow is for local purposes like local employment. green for travel abroad. you could be right. besides NBI kept on changing!!!headbonk.gif first they had this card for easy renewal then suddenly the system changed. oh well.laughing.gif i wouldn't be surprised if it is now valid for only 6months. then next will be 60 days like the police clearance (which is too expensive than the nbi)

Or, since the NBI knows it is for immigration purposes, they issued her an NBI which has 6months validity only. since the embassy prefers an NBI clearance not older than 6months.

Edited by Robb&Ann

Timeline

I just took a glance at your "front loaded 129f" ... all I can say is... yikes! 380 pages! :blink:

Lots of dead trees.

yep! Robb said he would rather cut down lots of trees just to get me there. besides trees grows back. wahahahahaha laughing.gif manufacturers are producing papers so we are just buying it.wahahahahaharofl.gif

Timeline

Most of that stuff is "dead weight" and will slow things down as someone has to look through it all, then all 380 pages get sent to NVC for another look see, then to Manila.

I know Robbs feelings for sure... but what we call trees here in Arizona wouldn't do much good for making paper... :lol:

If all goes by the timeline predictions you should be here in AZ in time to enjoy the heat and monsoons!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Timeline

Most of that stuff is "dead weight" and will slow things down as someone has to look through it all, then all 380 pages get sent to NVC for another look see, then to Manila.

I know Robbs feelings for sure... but what we call trees here in Arizona wouldn't do much good for making paper... :lol:

If all goes by the timeline predictions you should be here in AZ in time to enjoy the heat and monsoons!

This is Robb.

3 separate immigration attorneys here in AZ. Keep in mind that historically AZ has a very high number of K1/K3 applicants and is the home of one of the oldest international dating sites and some of the most experienced immigration attorneys.

Here is how it has been explained to me.

It is unlikely that frontloading will impact the speed of the application. Applications are disassembled and scanned in a predetermined fashion. The adjudicator is then able to quickly review the scanned information that is needed for that stage on the process. The physical application is still sent around but is not primarily used. IF there was a point of slowdown it would be in the scanning process.

Once the application is sent to NVC the same continues.

After NVC the application is forwarded to the embassy. This is where frontloading has value. In some high fraud and high volume countries, such as the Philippines, the interviewer does not have the luxury of being as open mined or patient in the interview itself. The interview is a mostly subjective process dependent on the opinion of 1 or 2 people.

Prior to the interview the interviewer MAY review the applications. This allows the interviewer to have some ideas about how the interview will proceed. You need to remember they are making the determination based on an interview that is only a few minutes long. There is a potential for the interviewer to have made a judgment about the interview before even a word is spoken based on the information in the application, or lack thereof. The primary concerns of the interviewer are the validity of the relationship and the financial capacity of the petitioner.

It has been the opinion of every attorney I have spoken with that frontloading can't hurt, but a lack of information can cause problems.

If it can't hurt, but has a slight possibility of making things easier in the interview, then it's worth the expense and effort in my opinion.

Some people have the view of doing the minimal for their fiancée. I however believe in doing as much as possible, not just what is needed.

Timeline

Its not a matter of doing the minimal, its a matter of doing what is needed. As the saying goes, never DO-DO when DO will DO.

The Phils is known as a high fraud country but from what I have seen it mostly from "phony relationships" (scammers) and forged documents such as the NBI (which NBI has made much more difficult to forge now). There have been a couple mentioned here on VJ as of late, one was a forged NBI and the other was a scammer.

If the relationship is real the Phils is pretty easy, nothing near as difficult as some countries I have read about. The Phils for sure is not one of "those" countries where front loading really does anything or is needed. 99.99% of the time there is nothing that front loading does to improve the approval of a visa. Does it hurt? Nope, just dead trees.:lol:

And I won't even get started with lawyers, especially with all the bad ones I have read about here on VJ.

I understand where you are coming from and how you will do "anything" to get your fiancée here.... The Phils just isn't that difficult.

I was there at the interview and will say it was a enlightening & enjoyable experience, the Filipino pre-screener was great as was the CO at the interview. If you want to do something that I believe adds to the approval side of the scale, attend the interview with your Fiancee..

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It has been the opinion of every attorney I have spoken with that frontloading can't hurt, but a lack of information can cause problems.

If it can't hurt, but has a slight possibility of making things easier in the interview, then it's worth the expense and effort in my opinion.

Some people have the view of doing the minimal for their fiancée. I however believe in doing as much as possible, not just what is needed.

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

I agree that K-1 petitions at the U.S. Embassy Manila benefit from a reasonable amount of front loading. In my opinion, including hundreds of pages of email and chats, and dozens of photos is not going to help.

On a side note, I disagree with your attorney's description of the "interviewer's" (consular officer) role in the process. It was my K-1 experience that every K-1 petition is assigned to a Filipino case worker who goes over the case and determines whether there are any red flags that the consular needs to know about. However, that doesn't change the the fact that front loading benefits a case at the Embassy level.

If you want to do something that I believe adds to the approval side of the scale, attend the interview with your Fiancee..

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

I also agree that the petitioner attending the interview sends the strongest message that a relationship is bona fide.

Timeline

offtopic45vn.gifwe don't have a problem about having Fiance attends to the interview since that has been a plan at the very beginning.... We already planned about him going with me during medical,interview, cfo and flying back to US smile.gif And we also prepared our I-129F the way we wanted as we don't want to take any chances. If we have tons of evidence then we send it in(instead of sitting on our table waiting when we will be approved). .each case depends., and each filers depends on how they want their packet to be. Also some would say it depends on the consul who will do the interview, etc. etc. so why take any chances. I have read posts about doing front-loading etc etc..MOST would say, stick to the guidelines, some would say nahhh that's a waste of time, papers,money and effort..but in the end, the decision would still be on the filers. The decision would depends on who will gonna judge our files whether we are approve or not.it is our I-129F anyway and it was mailed already!.. in the end we are all just waiting for the approvals. Also, not ones experience would apply to everyone..And we are the ones facing in front of the consuls. In the end once approved, it will be all worth it.I hope people would just respect on how we did our I-129F as we also respect how others did their I-129F. Good luck to everyone on your journey. Hoping we will be able to hear the good news very soon!

BTW this thread is about NBI Clearance we should get Off-Topic2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.